Star Ace 1:6 - Richard Harris Dumbledore - Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better..?

DQIRor.jpg

I really don't like the mix of sculpted and hair, but the sculpt of RH is very good. I shall buy this at some point.

I really don't like the mix of sculpted and hair, but the sculpt of RH is very good. I shall buy this at some point.

I was totally in your camp, Anx10us... But with this figure, the beard is front and center, and the head hair is largely under the hat and swept back so as only to be an accent to to total sculpt. It actually works VERY well - and I was surprised.

For other characters that don't benefit from an ever present (or predominantly present) hat, results may vary. I remain concerned about the overall look of Hagrid for instance where both hair and beard are in your face...

I was totally in your camp, Anx10us... But with this figure, the beard is front and center, and the head hair is largely under the hat and swept back so as only to be an accent to to total sculpt. It actually works VERY well - and I was surprised.

For other characters that don't benefit from an ever present (or predominantly present) hat, results may vary. I remain concerned about the overall look of Hagrid for instance where both hair and beard are in your face...

100% agree and it's your pictures that have made me reevaluate. You're right - it doesn't look half as bad with the hair swept back and under his hat.

Awesome pics QuiGonFishing! :clap :clap Love how he has turned out, that sculpt is just excellent - really looking forward to adding him to the collection now! :rock

So the rings are actually two separately sculpted rings that can be added to any of the hands. Weird, but, really, really, nice.

Any way I can get a pick of the headsculpt with no hat? I want to have him battle Voldemort, and I think I may go hatless (yes, I know, wrong Dumbledore, but this IS him to me).

Also, I'm really impressed with the hand sculpt. The original pics had standard hands, but it seems they went all out with veins and stuff for the final sculpt, and I love it when companies do that for older figs.

I'm just so ready to buy this.

537image.jpeg

7d3image.jpeg

23fimage.jpeg

The instructions indicate you can use "hair wax" to shape the hair and tame the fly aways. He's right out of the box here.

Height compare (Volde is not on his stand, however)

662image.jpg

The figure is just an absolute gem...

Last edited:
QuiGon, this is awesome. You are awesome. I shall purchase hair wax.

Seriously though, this thing looks like the best figure I've ever seen out of this license. I loved Hermione, but this... with the robes and all.

I'm so happy.

The instructions indicate you can use "hair wax" to shape the hair and tame the fly aways. He's right out of the box here.

Height compare (Volde is not on his stand, however

The figure is just an absolute gem...

Excellent pics!!! :rock Sculpt looks really awesome in these pics. :)

Much better QuiGon! I'm sorry I ever doubted you. :lol

Awesome pics! :rock

That's one of the best shots I've seen of Snape, as far as likeness goes.

That's MASTER QuiGon, please...:wink1:

I know you never doubted me, that would by folly.

Glad you like the pics, I think Snape actually turned out great. Never quite understood the generally negative r eviews of the sculpt. That said, I honestly don't own too many figure that stand up to this Dumbledore. He's really special.

Glad you like the pics, I think Snape actually turned out great. Never quite understood the generally negative r eviews of the sculpt.

I think that it looks better in hand but the major problems I have with it are that it looks just a bit off with the likeness, and mostly that it's missing his signature dour expression. Snape wasn't a very happy or pleasant fellow. He just looks a bit sad to me.

Star Ace brought this on themselves by releasing so many amazing likenesses for the other characters.

Yeah, I just added myself to the waitlist, though I doubt I'll get in. WHY DIDN'T I PREORDER YESTERDAY?

Anyway, it's beautiful, so I'm not surprised.

I didn't even see the waitlist availability on the site? How do you get on the waitlist? I ended up ordering Hagrid instead of Dumbledore this month as I couldn't get both.................and then the Deluxe Dumbledore goes on waitlist, and I can't even find the waitlist option on SIdeshow's site. What am I missing.

Back