SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's on display in SDCC (from lives & Lobo's pics) but I haven't seen a clear shot of it from hundreds if not thousands of pics from the event.
Strange...

Sideshow dropped the g.i.joe line to do DC and marvel figures and the are really not doing them. What a waste on license. There goes any hope on a whole x men team. Everyone stops after wolverine

I think I will just stick to sideshow statues, I'm not into their figures at all at this point, too many issues for the price point. I'll just be happy with the statue of this costume.

Sideshow dropped the g.i.joe line to do DC and marvel figures and the are really not doing them. What a waste on license. There goes any hope on a whole x men team. Everyone stops after wolverine

I was just about to say that, the marvel line is now over a year old and hey have released or shown nothing more then the original launch

The only dumbasses here are us for following ssc knowing this how they operate ...

I know it's on display in SDCC (from lives & Lobo's pics) but I haven't seen a clear shot of it from hundreds if not thousands of pics from the event.
Strange...
There's a pic in the catch-all thread...
SDCC2016SSCWolvie.jpeg

I have pre-ordered this figure when it was first release as he is one of my favourite character during the 80's. Reading through the post here it has its up and downs (its price is on a high side), total cost will be around 300+ USD shipped here to England but the custom will definitely get the best of me as does all my Sideshow collections from the GI Joe line and lately Deadpool. I have no other means of lowering down its price so I have to just accept it.

As far as my own critique, The more I look into the sculpts the more I don't like it (its just my own opinion) especially the mouth area. There seems to be a "funny" look to the teeth that I feel is not right for me. The "grin" is too "straining" even for Wolverine and the canine teeth is exaggerated. I seldom complain and just do what I can to correct it but at this price it should be "right".

Anyway before this figure finds it way to my collection, I have done my own version of the head sculpt that is to my liking. I will then cast this to fit to my Wolverine. This is just sharing to you guys my WIP and also my frustrations on the figure. This is still a work-in-progress and not done yet so be gentle to me.......

I will post the progress and once happy will do the cast and painting. Expert opinion on this will be much appreciated. I will start a thread on here or the customs forum.

Cheers guys!

Pacemaker, Your custom 1/6 scale Wolverine head sculpt is awesome. I think I saw a post regarding, cigar?
Can I also suggest a 'stoic' facial look with of course with his mask on and a Logan stoic look! It's too bad SSC didn't make him with extra / replaceable facial expressions.

Excellent and in depth gallery.

I wish the figures were all level to see if Wolverine was shorter than all the rest. Even so, that Lobo fig seems to be significantly bigger than Wolverine.

I was wondering about that myself.Sideshow had nothing NEW to show for marvel 1/6 scale as these 3 figures were shown LAST YEAR....

another line dead before it started. I was expecting to see a Spiderman or Captain America, but NOPE!

I was just about to say that, the marvel line is now over a year old and hey have released or shown nothing more then the original launch

The only dumbasses here are us for following ssc knowing this how they operate ...

SideSLOW collectibles

No momentum,but all the wait!

I was wondering about that myself.Sideshow had nothing NEW to show for marvel 1/6 scale as these 3 figures were shown LAST YEAR....

another line dead before it started. I was expecting to see a Spiderman or Captain America, but NOPE!

Some villains would be nice... classic Ultron, Venom, and Doom.

I love Sideshow 1/6 figures, even if the price is jumping to ridiculous levels. That said, their choices with the Marvel and DC lines have been confusing. I'm not sure why we're over a year into the Marvel line and there's still no easy money-makers like Spider-man, Hulk, or Captain America when all three would be guaranteed big sellers they could do multiple versions of. On the flip side, it's been forever since they released a DC figure, and they have a Flash that had a proto two years ago that just disappeared and easy money there with characters like Batgirl and Robin that they've not touched on. I realize it probably takes a lot to get one of these sculpted and approved to sell, but the wait on their comic figures is beyond ridiculous.

The problem with Superheroes are their bodies take heavy mods and redesigns. That's a lot of R&D that so far, hasn't been what we assume, a runaway success for them. One could make the argument that the design choices are some of the problems but clearly they liked them and Marvel and DC did enough to get them approved. I would guess that the Flash is suffering due to the response of the previous and most recently the GL figure's luke warm reception.

Also Comic figures have a massive back log of looks that different fans like. Movie figures just need to look like that movie. Look at the response when a hair is out of place on a movie figure. People lose their minds.

Last edited:
Honestly that's probably it, no more Marvel figures. Even DC got Lobo, not even an announcement or concept art, doesn't bode well for the line.

Personally, my Armored Batman FP is up this month if the figure stays on track, I'm going to toss this on order. I like it enough to be a standalone and next to the DC SSC Batman, it'll be a cool little comic inspired display.

Back