Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

where is the link for the online chat? all it says is click the link at the top of the page....dont see a link.

Usually it's right along the very top of the page, in the middle. Sometimes it's not there, though...I think it's only there when the chat option is active...it's showing for me right now.

Well...I guess I'll call sideshow tomorrow...Body replacement came in..and back heel doesn't even touch the base.

Usually it's right along the very top of the page, in the middle. Sometimes it's not there, though...I think it's only there when the chat option is active...it's showing for me right now.

Thanks Bmutha, ill give it a try tomorrow, if i dont see it ill have to call them and get this sorted out.

So I got my body and base replacement. Base is perfect. The costume is way better condition than the original. The symbol is straight, the armpits are fine, but now the left hand has an issue. The top two wings are loose and look like they may break off. Should I just try gluing them to reinforce them? Or contact sideshow again? I doubt they'll give me and body? What would you guys do? Keep the original or go with the perfect looking one that might have an issue later if the wings crack off? Why wouldn't they make the left hand removable too? SMH.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I would take pics of it, then try to fix it. If you can't fix it to your liking, contact SS and see what they say.

Any issues with the body fitting on the base?

Question for those of you displaying him in a besta. Did you light him from above or below? His head is so close to the top I'm thinking of changing my plan and mounting lights on the shelf in front of his base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried it, but with him being so deep w/ the cape on the gargoyle and his legs and to a lesser extent his chest block his upper body from getting any light when its from below.

I would take pics of it, then try to fix it. If you can't fix it to your liking, contact SS and see what they say.

Any issues with the body fitting on the base?

The body fits perfectly on the new base. I think I will contact Sideshow again and let them know. They really should've made the left arm removable. So annoying.

The body fits perfectly on the new base. I think I will contact Sideshow again and let them know. They really should've made the left arm removable. So annoying.

They will offer you a partial refund if you decide to keep it, or a full if you want to send it back, but not another replacement. I waas unfortunate enough to experience the same circumstances with my Gambit LSB EX.

Maybe you should try ripping the left arm off before you detroy the body. It's probably just attached with a little bit of glue. Then you can have a backup hand if the other one falls apart in the future.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

If I was you, I would call or chat as well. I recently have had issues with SS not getting my emails when more than 1 pic is attached (even though it was under the 5 MB limit).

Thanks for the heads-up! I had the pics hosted on photobucket and saved the files since the originals were too large. The pics I emailed were about 240 KB total I think. I'm hoping I can at least get some credit for it.

Great job with your fixes OB1OB! I'll keep the zap-a-gap recommendation in mind when I try and fix the bat symbol.

Maybe you should try ripping the left arm off before you detroy the body. It's probably just attached with a little bit of glue. Then you can have a backup hand if the other one falls apart in the future.

That's a great idea. Can't hurt to try if you have to destroy the body anyway.

I tried it, but with him being so deep w/ the cape on the gargoyle and his legs and to a lesser extent his chest block his upper body from getting any light when its from below.

Yeah I see what you mean. I just tried some different options to see which looked best.

From below:

uma5e9ah.jpg

From above:

u5y9yqaq.jpg

Also tried lights from both above and below:

azusuhus.jpg

Sorry about the dust. As you can see they're still a work in progress.

The ideal light source to me is from below, above 4-6" in front of the gargoyle and angled up at about 70ish degrees. Now, I haven't figured out to how rig this, but in playing around with holding an led light at bats from different perspectives, that's what my goal is.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Yeah I see what you mean. I just tried some different options to see which looked best.

From below:

uma5e9ah.jpg

I have mine rigged with the led puck light above, but I like the dramatic shadows you have from the underneath lighting. Have you tried having 2 light sources from underneath on both sides? That way you have both the body/gargoyle and the face lit? It can simulate police spotlights from below with Batman perched and ready to leap into action with batarang in hand. :dunno

I got the adjustable puck light from ikea over a week ago. I wanted something thatd look like the bat signal or like you said maybe even a police spotlight

Sent from the Bat Computer

Back