Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Bats with Joker looks outstanding! Two great PFs to be displayed right next to each other. Congrats.

That's pretty much what I did. When I do that, I can get the left peg lined up with the hole, but the right foot kind of binds and won't drop down. I could probably make some mods to the base with a dremel tool to make it fit, but I don't want to do anything to my base if I don't have to.

Like I stated a while ago, what happened with mine is the peg was so far out of alignment that it wouldn't fit. Forcing it wasn't helping and was going to ruin the base, so I just cut off and sanded down the peg on the left foot and repainted the sole of the boot. Worked perfect seats flush with the base now. That peg really isn't necessary, kind of like your pinky or little toe.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Like I stated a while ago, what happened with mine is the peg was so far out of alignment that it wouldn't fit. Forcing it wasn't helping and was going to ruin the base, so I just cut off and sanded down the peg on the left foot and repainted the sole of the boot. Worked perfect seats flush with the base now. That peg really isn't necessary, kind of like your pinky or little toe.

I could try that. Did you contact SS about it, and if you did, what did they do for you?

What tool did you use to cut off the peg?

I will wait to hear from SS before I start trying mods on the pegs.

Last edited:

They said no more replacement bodies were available, and basically said return it and get your money back and buy a reg. if you still want Batman. Or keep it and receive a $45 credit. Wasn't giving up my EX. when all they would do is fix the problem and resell it. I used a small wood saw to cut it, but you could use anything. and then sanded it down till it was flush and level. Let me know what SSC tells you, I am interested to hear it.

They said no more replacement bodies were available, and basically said return it and get your money back and buy a reg. if you still want Batman. Or keep it and receive a $45 credit. Wasn't giving up my EX. when all they would do is fix the problem and resell it. I used a small wood saw to cut it, but you could use anything. and then sanded it down till it was flush and level. Let me know what SSC tells you, I am interested to hear it.

I will let everyone know what I hear back. I just can't buy that they have no replacement bodies left.

Does the left heel on yours cover the hole in the base? I'm not sure mine will, and the hole will be visible. Do you have any pics of your repairs?

I will let everyone know what I hear back. I just can't buy that they have no replacement bodies left.

Does the left heel on yours cover the hole in the base? I'm not sure mine will, and the hole will be visible. Do you have any pics of your repairs?

I don't want to go the extra step and pull the statue out of my besta and take it apart, because he is heavy and I just finished working a twelve hour shift. So ergo I am lazy right now. I display mine in the besta, the lights don't shine directly on the foot so you can't see it unless you shine a light right on the spot and even then you can barely see the hole. I didn't go the extra step cause it wasn't necessary, but you could fill the hole in the base with epoxy and paint over it too. Anyway here is some pictures I hope they are helpful for you.

20140219_155852.jpg20140219_155949.jpg20140219_155920.jpg20140219_155926.jpg20140219_155935.jpg20140219_160029.jpg

i have just opened mine and i think its a really nice piece. definitely up there with the 89 hot toys batmobile as regards being a real centre point of my collection. i only managed to snag a regular as i was late (v.late) to the party. i had no intention of buying this statue until 2 week ago, when i saw all the in hand photos. infact this is my first statue of any kind.

im really pleased with the purchase, and may be tempted with the christopher reeve pf down the road.

right now i will enjoy my Batman pf and keep my fingers crossed for a bronze age Batman pf at some point. that would be my grail.

i have just opened mine and i think its a really nice piece. definitely up there with the 89 hot toys batmobile as regards being a real centre point of my collection. i only managed to snag a regular as i was late (v.late) to the party. i had no intention of buying this statue until 2 week ago, when i saw all the in hand photos. infact this is my first statue of any kind.

im really pleased with the purchase, and may be tempted with the christopher reeve pf down the road.

right now i will enjoy my Batman pf and keep my fingers crossed for a bronze age Batman pf at some point. that would be my grail.

Congrats! Is the right hand on the reg a separate piece?

Happy Birthday Bruce, thanks for looking after me all these years. I bought the SS PF of you, and its a great representation of you. I'll continue to buy statutes of you, your a great man. Take it easy on Superman in the new Movie :)

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Got my replacement parts! Everything is good now. I did have a tough timr getting him into the new base though, but a little wiggle and some force squeezed him in. I'll take pics this weekend.

Don't remember if I said it before but I got EX #321

As far as I can tell the numbers people get are random. I've never really understood why people care what number they get, but I guess it would be cool to get the first or last. Glad to hear your Batman is complete now.

As far as I can tell the numbers people get are random. I've never really understood why people care what number they get, but I guess it would be cool to get the first or last. Glad to hear your Batman is complete now.

I usually like to get a number that means something to the character. Like for Batman I was hoping for #232, one of my favorite issues. Or for Punisher I would have liked 129, his first appearance. But either way, I'm happy to have one.

Thank you very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're very welcome, I hope to have it up Saturday afternoon.

I usually like to get a number that means something to the character. Like for Batman I was hoping for #232, one of my favorite issues. Or for Punisher I would have liked 129, his first appearance. But either way, I'm happy to have one.

I got #129 on my Spiderman Comiquette, and I got #130 on my Emma Frost LSB, but I guess I was one off on that one.:lol

Well, I just received my replacements. Cape is now flawless, but the heads....

1656124_10153825909460203_139006032_n.jpg 1623616_10153825909555203_270852344_n.jpg

More of the same. Paint missing on the chin. Should I just assume batman quickly gobbled a gyro on the job?

Back