Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Did it this morning. My pit fix (sorry for the phone pic, that's all I had):

The AB portrait

Left pit

Pecs

The MC portrait

Top view

Same procedure with FabricTac. Thanks to Roberto and all those that went before me to give me the confidence to do this. I have nothing to contribute other than to give others some comfort that they can do it if they want to.

Hey Skillet, massive congrats bro, glad the fix worked well for you bud :clap

Hey Skillet, massive congrats bro, glad the fix worked well for you bud :clap

Thanks, I was nervous, for sure. :pray: :pray: Once I got into it though, it wasn't bad. :yess:
Don't remember... I thought I have seen your pics of Bat fixed, but did you go FabriTac or did you use thread/rubberband?

Thanks, I was nervous, for sure. :pray: :pray: Once I got into it though, it wasn't bad. :yess:
Don't remember... I thought I have seen your pics of Bat fixed, but did you go FabriTac or did you use thread/rubberband?

Yea, mine was with the initial thread idea
utaja6av.jpg

u4a9uvav.jpg

u3yqadun.jpg

but since seeing pics of Rafs, Bmuthas and now yours, I have the Fabri Tac in possession so will be doing the grand transformation in a few days :lol any tips in regards to applying the glue? Or is the same technique as used in Rafs video? :)

Yea, mine was with the initial thread idea

but since seeing pics of Rafs, Bmuthas and now yours, I have the Fabri Tac in possession so will be doing the grand transformation in a few days :lol any tips in regards to applying the glue? Or is the same technique as used in Rafs video? :)

The one thing I did differently than Rafs is the tools to tuck the fabric in the pit. I actually bought some of those sculpting tool, but I thought they were too sharp and I was worried about puncturing the suit. (Rafs got major cajones for sure). I used the handle tip of small paint brushes instead. They are made of wood, rounded tip and they give a little. I used two brushes, one using the tip to get the suit deep into his pit. Another brush I used the side of the brush to press the suit from the pit to the front of his pec. Because it is a curved surface you need two tools to maintain contact as the glue dries. Hope that makes sense.

I might try the string method at some point, but I'm nervous to even remove the cape too often lol. Batman is so badass sans any mods :)

Another small tip is you need to do it small increments... This was my sequence:
Left pit (pit to front of pec)
Right pit (pit to front of pec)
Left shoulder (front of pec to top of shoulder)
Right shoulder (front of pec to top of shoulder)

Not sure if Rafs glued the front of the pec to the shoulder but I did it anyway, using a little less of the FabriTac. Staying along the seams, of course.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Awesome tips skillet! Consider them bookmarked for future reference! :lol. When using fabrictac, did you also tighten up behind the armpits as well? Would applying the fabrictac with a fine brush or a q-tip also work to avoid over application or bleeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One word of caution if you are going to lay him down like in the video, make sure you protect the spurs on his left glove hand. I used serval layers of bubble wrap for the whole body, more at the shoulders to elevate him a bit. Then I used a small chunk of soft foam (like what they use to pack electronics) to put under his left glove. I was worried that in my zest to press the suit down into the pit I might break the glove.

Awesome tips skillet! Consider them bookmarked for future reference! :lol. When using fabrictac, did you also tighten up behind the armpits as well? Would applying the fabrictac with a fine brush or a q-tip also work to avoid over application or bleeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FabriTac is too stringy to brush on. When you cut the tip of the dispenser just slowly reveal the hole until it's the size you want. Try squeezing some out on a scrap paper. Believe it or not too small a hole is not good either, because you don't want to struggle squeezing out in a controlled manner. It's tight working conditions, lol. It's at this point that you have to stretch the suit out.... and it's already stretched over the shoulders... so you don't want to fuss with the squeeze bottle.

The back side I just pull up on the suit a tad, since there's no pit back there, in fact the lat muscle fills it out, I just pulled enough so there's no slack or wrinkle. All the while you have to make sure the bat symbol is in the correct position in the front. So I glued the neck (top) front first, made sure everything dried. Then I glued the neck back last.

So six gluing increments.

Yup, a brush won't work. That was the first thing I tried, but the glue is too rubbery and stringy, like skillet said.

Next time I do it, I am going to use a glue syringe. I got one from a local hobby shop. I did some experimenting with it, and it is really nice because you can control how much glue comes out, and the glue comes out in a very fine line.

Good luck, bud. You will bang it out with no problems, I'm sure.

Thanks Kris, I'll sure try :)

Be prepare for a sinking feeling of regret as soon as you peel off his suit, but block it out and push on. It will look worse before ultimately looking great. Have confidence it will work out. Good luck!

Be prepare for a sinking feeling of regret as soon as you peel off his suit, but block it out and push on. It will look worse before ultimately looking great. Have confidence it will work out. Good luck!

Thanks Skillet :) hopefully mine will turn out as perfect as yours pal

I've been looking but haven't found any pictures of Sideshow's PF Batman next to the DC Direct Museum Green Lantern. Anybody have? I know Sideshow PF Green Lantern looks small next to Batman so I'm just curious how the DC Direct Version looks next to him.
Thanks

Batman is definitely bigger then true 1/4 scale. Hopefully Superman and Wonder Woman will be made to the same size.

The armpit crease issue is a total non-issue to me. It's the tiny turned-head sculpt that bugs me. It's out of proportion to his body. It's another pin head sculpt all over again. The straight-away head is a bit bigger and the only way I'll pose this but damn, I wanted to use the other one.

The armpit crease issue is a total non-issue to me. It's the tiny turned-head sculpt that bugs me. It's out of proportion to his body. It's another pin head sculpt all over again. The straight-away head is a bit bigger and the only way I'll pose this but damn, I wanted to use the other one.

Hmmmmm, I think the Martin Canale head makes the long neck even more pronounced, so the head seems smaller. Whereas the Andy Bergholtz head you don't see the long neck because you are looking head-on. I haven't measure them but it might just be optical illusion.

Received my EX last week... unfortunately the cape had a crack in it :(

Back