Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I would imagine that it would be more than that considering these are high end collectibles. Just to see what qc issues to look out for as far as a general trend at least before plopping down $500 or more.

I have a question for the Canucks that had their Ex's shipped to Canada. How much did you guys pay to have it shipped up here? I've been combing though the thread and someone mentioned $40 shipping + $40 gst/pst + $20 brokerage fee? Ideally I'd have it shipped to my US address, but I don't have any plans for an extended trip until April or May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My shipping cost was $40 and duty fee was $33 for my Batman PF.

Im getting charged $55 to Alaska so I actually hope Canadians arent getting a better deal.

I don't know what that is supposed to mean...have you considered that Alaska is farther from California than many places in Canada...:lol

I expect that you don't pay import fees, so you probably are getting a better deal at the end of the day.

I also noticed the corner of the bat symbol is beginning to peel off the fabric. Do you have any suggestions to stop it from getting worse? Is this happening to anyone?

I also noticed the corner of the bat symbol is beginning to peel off the fabric. Do you have any suggestions to stop it from getting worse? Is this happening to anyone?

I also wondering for the the same thing

Maybe a very thin fabric glue, and paint it on the back of the logo with a fine paint brush?

My shipping cost was $40 and duty fee was $33 for my Batman PF.

$40 to Ontario

Im getting charged $55 to Alaska so I actually hope Canadians arent getting a better deal.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!

I doubt it, lotta collectors out there who'd plop that money down without thinking about it. SS may be 'high end' but they're not the most expensive out there not by a long shot.

way less than that

You guys have a point. I just thought (using the Batman EX as an example) that with an edition size of 2000, at least 400 people would have at least followed it from proto to final product on here or on Statue Forum. Hence the "pitgate" outcry and the cancellations. In any case, I'm extremely happy that my wait list converted (my order was time stamped at the 22th). I can't wait to finally have this in hand!

What percentage of collectors keep up date and contribute on forums though? 20%? 25%?

way less than that

I'm sure Ink would have a better idea but I think it's a lower percentage, too. Just as a comparison, there's 2000 Batman EX, true they haven't all shipped yet but I'm betting if you count everybody between this and the other forum who posted about getting one you wouldn't even account for half of the ES. In any given forum you tend to see the same names reoccur.

Plus I'd bet that there's non collectors who just want that 1 popular or favorite character without actually becoming a collector (i.e. Seinfeld owning that Superman statue but not at all being a collector). As it is my 1st 2 statues were Bowen Spidey and F4F Fierce Deity Link because I liked the characters, I had no intentions at all of becoming a collector, and didn't become one until maybe about 5 years later with no other statue purchases in between.

There are quite a few who find the snark, fanboy rah rah, and cliquish nature of the forums distasteful. They lurk, but do not post, or simply avoid them altogether.

I know three major collectors who question my sanity for engaging with the "riff raff." Their attitude, not mine.

There are quite a few who find the snark, fanboy rah rah, and cliquish nature of the forums distasteful. They lurk, but do not post, or simply avoid them altogether.

I know three major collectors who question my sanity for engaging with the "riff raff." Their attitude, not mine.

One of us, one of us gooble gobble one of us

My ex shows up tomorrow evening. Was really considering flipping it to make a few bucks (and just getting regular version) but I'm too excited. Will be opening him right up and think he's gonna be a keeper.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I couldn't imagine buying any of these figs without doing some research online first on the forums etc.

I've been lurking in the shadows on this thread since the announcement of SC having the license for DC statues. I picked up the Joker PF EX no problem, then I picked up the Poison Ivy PF EX with no problem. Brilliant statues and good customer service. But the third one, this Batman PF has been a complete nightmare.

The statue arrived with the usual problems of the armpit fabric and the tipping problem that have been well documented. But one of the heads, the long eared one, was also damaged. The paint on the nose and eyebrow was scratched off so I phoned SC and spoke to a very helpful chap who said to send pictures and they would send a new head out. It took them three days after I sent photos to confirm I was entitled to a new head, then took another three days for them to post the head and its taken a week more to arrive.

So package arrived this morning - over the moon, replacement head from SC. But what did I get but the long eared Batman head in worse condition than the original damaged one. The beard is all scrapped and the nose is damaged again - to me this looks like someone else's returned head. I can't believe that no one is checking quality control over there. I've just sent them another email with a photo of the damage so we will see what happens from now....

Back