Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

some people like to believe in conspiracy theories

Well tell that to people that got their conversion with the shipping label on top of an old return address.Some people even got the same statue back.

SS lost a lot of credibility with the whole fake sellout marketing gimmick as well as the decision (on occassion) to change edition sizes after the fact. I don't think anyone can dispute this.

It is also clear that on occassion they have changed a statue "for the worse" after it was released without advising customers. The lack of an advertised light up feature on the emperor vs yoda dio comes to mind.

Would they resell damaged statues? Probably not unless they attempted to fix them.
Would they resell statues with obvious paint flaws? Absolutely in my opinion.

It cost me 40 bucks shipping and fedex wanted 68 bucks when they brought it to my door.

An extra 100 bucks on top of a 400 dollar statue is getting a little tired. Especially when it arrives with 3 very damaged pieces!

Sweet mother of Jebus, this thing is a monster! Just got mine now, dunno where the hell I'm going to put him though.

Wow, fast shipping this time. Shipped on Thursday, ETA next Monday. But came to Norway today so should probably get here tomorrow. Will probably take a day or two more though since I won't be present to sign for it.

I got this guy in last week. Pretty nice PF, though the armpits issue bugs me. I like the short eared sculpt way more than the long eared one, both in terms of the cowl and facial structure he has. Wish we had two of those looking in different directions. Looks great displayed with Joker.

Has anyone who waitlisted on 22 Jan or later converted? There's still no news on mine ): And to worsen things, I just can't seem to find the live chat option no matter what time of the day I check in. So annoying. Arghh.. If I manage to convert, I'll probably go for Superman PF Ex as well!

I got this guy in last week. Pretty nice PF, though the armpits issue bugs me. I like the short eared sculpt way more than the long eared one, both in terms of the cowl and facial structure he has. Wish we had two of those looking in different directions. Looks great displayed with Joker.

^ This would've been a much better Ex than the Batarang imo.

^ This would've been a much better Ex than the Batarang imo.

I think the batarang is bigger and more noticeable than most people thought it would be. At the same time, I don't feel that it significantly alters the look of the statue, like a switch out head would have.

It cost me 40 bucks shipping and fedex wanted 68 bucks when they brought it to my door.

An extra 100 bucks on top of a 400 dollar statue is getting a little tired. Especially when it arrives with 3 very damaged pieces!

Cost me $440.00 american which comes to around $490.00 canadian credit card was charged $505.00 and i just got off the phone with fedex saying they won't transfer the item to Canada post unless i pay another $68.00. Allmost $600.00 for a 400.00 statue.

This thing better perform falitio for that price!

Mine is in the truck, after two long years of waiting:gah: :gah:

I think the batarang is bigger and more noticeable than most people thought it would be. At the same time, I don't feel that it significantly alters the look of the statue, like a switch out head would have.

That's what I understand too, it is not at all something small and insignificant. If only he was holding it in his left hand.

A SOH looking at his right could've actually made a nice, third display option.

I've been lurking in the shadows on this thread since the announcement of SC having the license for DC statues. I picked up the Joker PF EX no problem, then I picked up the Poison Ivy PF EX with no problem. Brilliant statues and good customer service. But the third one, this Batman PF has been a complete nightmare.

The statue arrived with the usual problems of the armpit fabric and the tipping problem that have been well documented. But one of the heads, the long eared one, was also damaged. The paint on the nose and eyebrow was scratched off so I phoned SC and spoke to a very helpful chap who said to send pictures and they would send a new head out. It took them three days after I sent photos to confirm I was entitled to a new head, then took another three days for them to post the head and its taken a week more to arrive.

So package arrived this morning - over the moon, replacement head from SC. But what did I get but the long eared Batman head in worse condition than the original damaged one. The beard is all scrapped and the nose is damaged again - to me this looks like someone else's returned head. I can't believe that no one is checking quality control over there. I've just sent them another email with a photo of the damage so we will see what happens from now....

I just got my replacement long eared sculpt and it's just as bad :gah:

The wife has just got off the phone with SC who have said they will investigate and send another new head if they have one in stock. They also said they have new heads coming so if they don't have one now then they will soon.

Back