Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Cool will def try that and see if i like it better. they fit but real tight haven't had much time to mess with them. just glad he fits for protection :)

Nice job I put them like that originally but I didn't like that they weren't facing forward so I repositioned them like this. Just in case you want to put yours like it too.

View attachment 88431

Mine came in, and looks great overall. MC head all the way for me. AB head stays in the box, just like the Easter bonnet Joker head.

Photos on Friday.

Nice pictures Jaws... Joker does seem to pop out more when he is displayed with Batman.
Thanks! Yeah the Joker is just perfect IMO. I would not even think about changing a single thing.
Great Review Jaws I enjoyed that a lot and now that you've converted nothing can stop this being a grail!!! Except Josh!!!!:confused:

Thanks Ondi... Not my official review (that comes later) but a fun one. Fun to write down my thought process and range of emotions after getting this :)

I definitely like the Andy B. headsculpt way better than the other head sculpt.
The Andy B. head sculpt reminds me a lot of a cross between Neal Adams art mix with Brian Bolland.

I still want a Jim Lee style head sculpt.

Interesting... I always thought the MC sculpt looked like Bolland.

P1200058_zps886d5e58.jpg

tumblr_mgdthuP5XW1rcp7bmo1_500.jpg

Of course then there is this pic.... Which looks almost exactly like the Andy B head.

BmGK20.jpg

P1200101_zpsb7e82cde.jpg

Overall though I think the MC head looks like Batman from the Killing Joke which was illustrated by Bolland. The Joker PF, without question was inspired by the artwork from that story also.

Some collectors said he look like Mexican haha I don't think so imo

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

big congrats JAWS! I prefer Andy's HS but I dont mind switching them from time to time :)

OK... So I have had some time to take it in.... At first I was like Yeah this is pretty cool!!!

Everything seemed to be in good shape... Then I found the broken shoulder and I figured no big deal SSC will take care if it.
Pitgate seemed overblown. What a bunch of idiots to complain about the pits before they even had this in hand ;). It looks more natural in person so not a big deal. I am not even sure I will try the string thing.

I like the overall sculpt and the Martin C head. Ex is cool. Like everything.... Just don't love it but that is usual with a new piece for me. All the hype and pics always build it up so much that when I get the piece I am let. Down... My two boys hate the MC head.... Say it makes him look like a grumpy old man (shut up kids)

I get upstairs and I put him up on the shelf with Joker in my theater room... Hmmmm. Not loving it. I try a different shelf... Still not completely feeling it. I have it set up high like Batman would be but it just is missing something... I blame the hype and walk away.

I come upstairs later.. It looks cool but I still don't love it. Crap.... Thoughts of returning it and getting 400.00 back sounds nice... Perhaps ebay?? What is wrong with me.. I walk away again..

I go back up and I try the Andy B head.... BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ****ing fall in love!!!!!! What the hell!!! I never liked it in any of the pics.. I kept wondering why people were choosing it over the MC head. But then it hits me... I like that he is looking down (works better when the statue is up high) I can display him forward more and show off the Bat Emblem. and from the one side he is not as feminine looking as when he has the MC head sculpt (looks like he is letting his hair flow in the wind). The Andy B head has the better paint apps on mine also. The MC sculpt looks a tad dirty. I may have to get it customized. But I do love the MC sculpt still. It looks great at eye level. But the Andy B head is awesome for higher viewing and straight on (still has a goofy bird like profile).

So I have been wrong about many things about this statue... The Pits, the Andy B sculpt, the EX (I hate to say it but it is Ex or Fail. I cant imagine it without the Ex hand) and the fabric (though I would still prefer a fully sculpted bats this does look great). Is it the best SSC PF in years??? I don't know.. I actually don't even think it's the best DC PF (that still goes to the Joker IMO)

Nice post jaws love it

OK... So I have had some time to take it in.... At first I was like Yeah this is pretty cool!!!

Everything seemed to be in good shape... Then I found the broken shoulder and I figured no big deal SSC will take care if it.
Pitgate seemed overblown. What a bunch of idiots to complain about the pits before they even had this in hand ;). It looks more natural in person so not a big deal. I am not even sure I will try the string thing.

I like the overall sculpt and the Martin C head. Ex is cool. Like everything.... Just don't love it but that is usual with a new piece for me. All the hype and pics always build it up so much that when I get the piece I am let. Down... My two boys hate the MC head.... Say it makes him look like a grumpy old man (shut up kids)

I get upstairs and I put him up on the shelf with Joker in my theater room... Hmmmm. Not loving it. I try a different shelf... Still not completely feeling it. I have it set up high like Batman would be but it just is missing something... I blame the hype and walk away.

I come upstairs later.. It looks cool but I still don't love it. Crap.... Thoughts of returning it and getting 400.00 back sounds nice... Perhaps ebay?? What is wrong with me.. I walk away again..

I go back up and I try the Andy B head.... BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ****ing fall in love!!!!!! What the hell!!! I never liked it in any of the pics.. I kept wondering why people were choosing it over the MC head. But then it hits me... I like that he is looking down (works better when the statue is up high) I can display him forward more and show off the Bat Emblem. and from the one side he is not as feminine looking as when he has the MC head sculpt (looks like he is letting his hair flow in the wind). The Andy B head has the better paint apps on mine also. The MC sculpt looks a tad dirty. I may have to get it customized. But I do love the MC sculpt still. It looks great at eye level. But the Andy B head is awesome for higher viewing and straight on (still has a goofy bird like profile).

So I have been wrong about many things about this statue... The Pits, the Andy B sculpt, the EX (I hate to say it but it is Ex or Fail. I cant imagine it without the Ex hand) and the fabric (though I would still prefer a fully sculpted bats this does look great). Is it the best SSC PF in years??? I don't know.. I actually don't even think it's the best DC PF (that still goes to the Joker IMO)

Jaws I agree. I was absolutely sure I'd be displaying the MC head since the AB head didn't look too good to me, but now in hand I completely prefer the AB head. The nose could have stretched out a bit more but it's the head I find myself enjoying more in person. I still like the MC head though, I like how different they are from each other.

And nice flow to the way you wrote all that out, it was like a story, I enjoyed it. Take it easy on the boys! While I do like the MC head, they're not exactly wrong, lol.

Agree with JAWS, AB head looks better at high view or eyes view. MC head, don't like it from face because of the paint and because of the lips, but it looks great from 3/4 view.
And yes the Joker is still the best DC PF!

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

After reading Jaws' post I went down to the Tardis and popped in the long ear HS coz my DC shelf is also a higher one and yeah totally agree mate, he's looking down at the room now surveying ****

Fantastic pics and review Jaws :clap glad you like it pal!

Just wanted to add a photo for precise size comparison, so I left my controller in this shot.... also, it's just an excuse to post more pics of this statue and Ivy isn't that bad as a background :)
It's really grey and dull outside in Denmark right now and taking stellar shots with no sun isn't that easy. For some reason he appears way more blue in shots than the bluish/grey tone he has in real life - and I'm just learning my DSLR.

ymjjmtg1yzy1m2nlodfjodfmzjixy2vhzwfkyjiwm2i.jpg

And this just because...

mzuxzjuxymi5zgnkzwjmzty4nzm4mwq4zgq1zta4mty.jpg

Its funne Ive had it the other way around - i liked the head with the longer ears the most - even disliked the other head when i first saw it, but now - in the height he is in my gaming corner - it looks awesome! - thankfully i love both heads and plan on switching them out now and again.... If SS replaces my faulty one :(

Back