Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Just got a response on the paint splotches on both of my heads... They're sending replacement heads for both (!) and I have to destroy both damaged heads (!!!!!). I'd thought they'd ask me to ship them back, since they just need touch up paint.

This'll be fun. :)

Just got a response on the paint splotches on both of my heads... They're sending replacement heads for both (!) and I have to destroy both damaged heads (!!!!!). I'd thought they'd ask me to ship them back, since they just need touch up paint.

Good news, congrats. I wonder what they will do about the fabric snags on mine...

I've heard about that (the whole destroy the item/part/etc first prior to getting replacement)
Why do they do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard about that (the whole destroy the item/part/etc first prior to getting replacement)
Why do they do that?

First, you destroy the old heads AFTER you get and inspect the repalcements... Plus this is a Limited Edition. If I got an extra head, what's to stop me from getting it modded, or selling it to someone else? They just gave me a free head to do with as they please. They need to be destroyed...

Although like I said, they could just touch it up in house and send it out as a replacement if they wanted. There weren't any chips.

Official Sideshow Batman PF

Kinda like what apple does (you send back the item, not destroy it though). Ok, got it. It's nice of them.

You destroy it after you get the replacement.

No sir. You destroy it after youve got a mail from them telling you to - then you mail the photos, or like i did, linked to a vid on youtube, then you get replacements.

edit: Ive never had SS question me - they just replace it. i guess we are all good customers, so making us happy gives them monies in the end I guess.
I had 2 statues broken myself - one got replaced another refunded. i was very unlucky that month, so Im always a nervous wreck when new items show up :)
At the time felt like a really bad customer with complaining and all, but they fixed it no questions asked.

Finally got to unpack this guy yesterday. could not believe the size of the shipping box, now I know why shipping charges were $150!

Very impressed with the statue, no blemishes or paint problems that I could find and he looks great on the shelf. Between the shipping and the fact that the Aussie dollar went to crap before they charged for this he cost over $600 (which sadly means there wont be any other SS orders for a while) but I've been craving a quality Batman statue for a while and I'm really happy with this one. Nice work Sideshow (feels good to say again after a few misses IMO)

Good news, congrats. I wonder what they will do about the fabric snags on mine...

Have the same prob and this is the response I got:

"Thank you for your e-mail. I have gone ahead and reviewed your images and unfortunately I do not believe I can offer you a replacement body that would be a vast improvement to the one you currently have. With that said I have put together a couple of options for you to review. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

If you would like to keep your Batman PF as is, we can offer you a $40.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

If this option is not satisfactory, you may decide to return your damaged item for an exchange or a full refund. In a separate email you will be sent an RMA number for your return, along with instructions and a pre-paid shipping label. Once the item is received into our warehouse, we would begin processing your exchange or refund. "

Finally got to unpack this guy yesterday. could not believe the size of the shipping box, now I know why shipping charges were $150!

Very impressed with the statue, no blemishes or paint problems that I could find and he looks great on the shelf. Between the shipping and the fact that the Aussie dollar went to crap before they charged for this he cost over $600 (which sadly means there wont be any other SS orders for a while) but I've been craving a quality Batman statue for a while and I'm really happy with this one. Nice work Sideshow (feels good to say again after a few misses IMO)

I hear you on the cost man! but Congrats on getting a good PF all the same

Back