Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Well the Ex is awesome, BUT spazzy's work looks AMAZING!!! I would have NO problem getting a Reg and getting one of his custom pieces if I hadn't been able to get an Ex from the Waitlist.

I love the concept of them but they look a tad on the small side and slightly out of scale with the rest of this beast.

I love the concept of them but they look a tad on the small side and slightly out of scale with the rest of this beast.

Well, I know that Spazzy wanted to do somethng different then the Batarang, and I think he did awesome. I want to see the finished pieces, but even though they are smaller then the original Ex I still think they look AWESOME!!!!

9f6a0eca0e4b816d582bae296651b1be_zpsae2103de.jpg

a54cbad0a4e462a5e85b157a620cb9bf_zps7eead263.jpg

0ea11b32c06175a70378a47b96e04900_zps75f41c88.jpg

I agree BUT the batman animated grapple gun will be large hopefully which is why that's the one I am excited to see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree BUT the batman animated grapple gun will be large hopefully which is why that's the one I am excited to see.

That would be cool, if it is I might pick up that one. If these were bigger I would probably pick up all three.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

A week later and I still like to bask in this fig's majesty. Such a beaaaast.

Re batman customs

i will be making the batarang with rope larger, the grapnel is from the 1:4 enterbay batman so it should be in scale, about the same length as the exclusive batarang,but will increase the handle a bit more and the trigger cover, the mini batarangs are supposed to be smaller, as he would probably have many in one of his pouches, so no change to those. Pics don't ever show decent details, and I took some quick ones...I think it was 4 in the morning when I took the pics, but the statue is pretty overwhelming and most parts wil look a bit small, even my punisher customs look small in pics but are real 1:4 pieces.
When I get them reworked and detailed I will take better shots and size comparisons, will be sure to exaggerate the size of the cartoon grapnel a bit so it stands out from this beast!

Re batman customs

i will be making the batarang with rope larger, the grapnel is from the 1:4 enterbay batman so it should be in scale, about the same length as the exclusive batarang,but will increase the handle a bit more and the trigger cover, the mini batarangs are supposed to be smaller, as he would probably have many in one of his pouches, so no change to those. Pics don't ever show decent details, and I took some quick ones...I think it was 4 in the morning when I took the pics, but the statue is pretty overwhelming and most parts wil look a bit small, even my punisher customs look small in pics but are real 1:4 pieces.
When I get them reworked and detailed I will take better shots and size comparisons, will be sure to exaggerate the size of the cartoon grapnel a bit so it stands out from this beast!

I think the problem, at least in my eyes, is that Batman is a bit larger then 1/4 scale. Please don't let my opinion take away from the amazing work you have done. I am definitely looking forward to the more detailed shots.

A big part is the angles I took them in, if just looking at the hands (in person) the only one that looks small is the batarang with rope, the gun is actually pretty large, but I will just extend the handle so it fits the whole hand, I did these very quick I just wanted I show something, better pics will be posted when ready to mold.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Thanks for all the hard work Spazzy. I think you hit the nail on the head with the statue being overwhelming. I suspect your batarangs are actually are to a more realistic scale than the massive boomerang that's been sculpted for the ex (non lethal force goes out the window if that's thrown). Why did it get sculpted that way? Because the oversized accessory looks better with this beast (and it does). That's why I am excited by the batman animated grapple your developing. It always looked a relatively big grapple as it needs to fit batmans fist at the handle. Should really stand out.

Great work Spazzy, you will have many orders I am sure

Thanks for all the hard work Spazzy. I think you hit the nail on the head with the statue being overwhelming. I suspect your batarangs are actually are to a more realistic scale than the massive boomerang that's been sculpted for the ex (non lethal force goes out the window if that's thrown). Why did it get sculpted that way? Because the oversized accessory looks better with this beast (and it does). That's why I am excited by the batman animated grapple your developing. It always looked a relatively big grapple as it needs to fit batmans fist at the handle. Should really stand out.

lol yeah that is a big weapon! I will definitely try to make it large enough to please the masses without being ridiculous.
these being unpainted also doesn't help to make them stand out, I will try an get a few painted mid way through.

Great work Spazzy, you will have many orders I am sure

not as good as my punisher parts, but a lot are waiting on more to be shown. I wish I could make x amount of pieces before taking payments but I tried that before and was stuck with a lot of extras. So now I just make a handful of extras on top of the paid orders.

Re batman customs

I'm looking forward to seeing the cartoon Grapnel. Ever consider doing the grapnle gun that the Sideshow 1/6 Batman has? Wouldn't that match this style more?

Looks cool but got to draw the line somewhere, I went with a popular modern movie version and my favorite from the cartoon, when dealing with small pieces like that there can be a lot of problems, I prefer to stick with a bit bulkier items, plus would probably get a lot of complaints that it is too small, since it looks like it would blend too much into the statue.

I got mine yesterday. No problem with him whatsoever (except the whole armpit thing). The artwork on the box is too good to keep hidden away in a closet. So I decided to cut it out and hot glue it to a canvas that I had painted black (it almost fit perfectly). I think it turned out pretty good. *Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

IMG_20140302_215955.jpg
IMG_20140302_220019.jpg

I got mine yesterday. No problem with him whatsoever (except the whole armpit thing). The artwork on the box is too good to keep hidden away in a closet. So I decided to cut it out and hot glue it to a canvas that I had painted black (it almost fit perfectly). I think it turned out pretty good. *Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

View attachment 96901
View attachment 96902

Looks great! :clap:

Back