Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

If SS can't sell all the regular, they probably just repaint and put blue fabric. Kaboom, Blue variant for sale :lol

It's gonna happen...there's no doubt about it. It's the only way they're gonna be able to sell more of them, and they know it'll work. The only thing they really have to do is implement the chest logo, and of course, repaint everything blue. It wouldn't surprise me if the proto is already complete...they're just waiting for the right time to showcase it. They'll more than likely bait everyone with a sweet embossed modern logo, then resort to d-baggery and switch it on everyone using a lower-budget one.

Does the bigger then1/4 scale make this Batman fit in with the Spidey Comiquette, which I think is also larger then 1/4? I currently have it next to the Avengers Hulk Maquette and that isnt really working to well, once Batman comes in though, Ill have to find hulk a new place to stay.

I'm to chicken to try the glue with taking off the suit way, tried the thread way and it came out preety good! Just did a double thread to make it more durable and put it over seam line to blend it in as much as possible I liked the overall result!

Very nice, I am also gonna use the chicken way aka the thread =)..... Thanks for sharing the pic

It's gonna happen...there's no doubt about it. It's the only way they're gonna be able to sell more of them, and they know it'll work. The only thing they really have to do is implement the chest logo, and of course, repaint everything blue. It wouldn't surprise me if the proto is already complete...they're just waiting for the right time to showcase it. They'll more than likely bait everyone with a sweet embossed modern logo, then resort to d-baggery and switch it on everyone using a lower-budget one.

SS will probably improve on the face paint, make him less dark...

I actually used a transparent hair tie rubber band that my daughter uses and wrapped it around the armpit area and lined it up with the seam and it worked like a charm...no more sag! The sag never really bothered me that much but now he's that much more awesome!!!

Hello I tried answering on YouTube but does not allow me to do soThe glue I used I do not wait as it dries pretty quick I would say I held the material in place for like a minute :)

Hello I tried answering on YouTube but does not allow me to do soThe glue I used I do not wait as it dries pretty quick I would say I held the material in place for like a minute :)

Dude.. Your skills are AMAZING... That and JEBUS you are fearless... With that being said there is NO WAY IN HELL I would ever try it. You make it look so easy that I am afraid some guys are going to forget just how much practise and artistic skill are in those hands of yours and totally think they could pull that odd

So I am not 100% sure. But I think there is a good chance I might end up selling this.... I just am not 100% in love with it. It could be because it breaks one of my important rules of collecting... Love the character as much now as I did when I was 13 or younger... I love the Batamn character now but had no real love for him as a kid... Pieces I tend to love are the ones that have ment something my whole life... (Star Wars, JAWS, Indy, Conan)

Going to give it some time and try moving him around the room to see if I can find a spot where there is nothing but love every time I see it... If I do sell then I will probably transfer my flex of Superman over to something... Or buy it and flip it..

Alright guys i need some help. Can anyone give me links to Ikea display cabinets/shelves that the Bats PF will fit in? I can't seem to find the right display cabinet size for this piece.

So I am not 100% sure. But I think there is a good chance I might end up selling this.... I just am not 100% in love with it. It could be because it breaks one of my important rules of collecting... Love the character as much now as I did when I was 13 or younger... I love the Batamn character now but had no real love for him as a kid... Pieces I tend to love are the ones that have ment something my whole life... (Star Wars, JAWS, Indy, Conan)

Going to give it some time and try moving him around the room to see if I can find a spot where there is nothing but love every time I see it... If I do sell then I will probably transfer my flex of Superman over to something... Or buy it and flip it..

Dang, here I am hoping my waitlist can convert. :panic:

To be honest, I didn't really like this Batman PF the first time I saw it. Batman's face was a little too dark, uncouth and smudgy. Also, his body seemed a little "fat". It just lacked the masculinity I pictured in Batman. However, as I started to see more and more pictures, I slowly started getting hooked. I told myself to only stick to Sideshow Spidey series but it seems like I'm gonna fail terribly as Batman and Superman (and maybe Wonder Woman? lol) tempt me.

In any case, I hope you can find a nice spot and orientation to find that excitement whenever you look at him. I only have one Sideshow statue till date (Iron Spidey Ex) and whenever I go to my in law's place during the weekends, I still get excited and spend a couple of minutes admiring him. :lol

That's a good rule, but if you didn't have Bats in your life before 13 then does it have to strictly apply? I ended up just loosely declaring one character and supporting cast to collect (Batman), but I do make exceptions occasionally (Vader Mythos, Superman PF EX,). Problem is, with Bats you need to be even more specific as there are so many lines to collect.

That's a good rule, but if you didn't have Bats in your life before 13 then does it have to strictly apply? I ended up just loosely declaring one character and supporting cast to collect (Batman), but I do make exceptions occasionally (Vader Mythos, Superman PF EX,). Problem is, with Bats you need to be even more specific as there are so many lines to collect.

Yeah it's hard. I really love the Batman character... But it seems whenever I buy pieces that I did not love at a younger age they just don't seem to connect with me.. (LOTR, SW PT, Batman).. I mean I think they look great and all but I tire of them quickly. Unlike my JAWS items, My Indy, Conan, 3PO, R2 and Hulk PFs and my Vader and Fett Mythos... They all look as good or even better since the day I got them.

Like I said I hope to find a good display area and that will help change my mind. Otherwise I may just stick to my rules

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

When did you get on dude??? Just curious.

No problem-

Last wed/thurs I believe? They announced it on twitter, that they were opening the WL.
They even transferred my NRD/Points/payments I had already made on the Reg. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my fabri-tac glue and some basic sculpting tools from Michael's...almost ready to do pit surgery (just need to work up the courage).

Back