Statue SS Rinzler Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mixed feeling about this.

The about-to-throw-a-disc pose is kinda strange at first but I'm quickly getting used to it. I guess that's why the last pic is stylised, in order to show the throwing motion.

It does light up, as the activating button is seen on the back of the base (4th pic). But I don't like that some of the pics are tweaked to enhance the lights (3rd pic, 9th pic).

Discs and helmet seem too small to me.

Gonna have to think about it. It's clearly not an instant buy for the moment.

Parts of the suit, discs and base light up. Just FYI.

-SideshowAlex

I would expect there to be full details when it goes up for order about which exact parts do and do not light-up.

Customers shouldn't have to figure it out by studying images, all info should be present at time of ordering, that's how i'd do it. :wave

What part of the suit lights up? What's up with the last picture making it look like he is in motion.

If you look at picture #9 in the photo gallery (in the production blog entry) for the Rinzler piece, it will give you the best shot of what lights up and what doesn't.

As for the 'motion' in picture #10...it's just a more arty type photo. The piece is not articulated.

-SideshowAlex

I would expect there to be full details when it goes up for order about which exact parts do and do not light-up.

Customers shouldn't have to figure it out by studying images, all info should be present at time of ordering, that's how i'd do it. :wave

I think the only thing that lights up is the disc & base. It would be nice if they indicate which part is the light-up feature. Those photoshop glamor shots aren't helping determine the light-up feature.

I think the only thing that lights up is the disc & base. It would be nice if they indicate wich part is the light-up feature. Those photoshop glamor shots aren't helping determine the light-up feature.

There are also 'Spots' (for lack of a better word) that light-up on the helmet, chest, arms, torso, and knees on the piece.

If you look at picture #9 in the photo gallery (in the production blog entry) for the Rinzler piece, it will give you the best shot of what lights up and what doesn't.

As for the 'motion' in picture #10...it's just a more arty type photo. The piece is not articulated.

-SideshowAlex

There are also 'Spots' (for lack of a better word) that light-up on the helmet, chest, arms, torso, and knees on the piece.

okay. Thx Alex :wave

-SideshowAlex

Alex, i think there should be a Backstage Pass for this that clearly shows the guy lighting it up.

Alex, i think there should be a Backstage Pass for this that clearly shows the guy lighting it up.

Unfortunately we no longer do backstage passes (at least not at this time. They could be brought back in the future). I'll pass along the idea of having some kind of video created to show off the light-up feature in the future. Most likely, such a video would probably not show up for a few months (if it can be done at all) as the prototype may no longer be in house.

Does this mean that anything that appears as orange is illuminated?

From what I've seen, yes.

-SideshowAlex

Parts of the suit, discs and base light up. Just FYI.

-SideshowAlex

-SideshowAlex

Unfortunately we no longer do backstage passes (at least not at this time. They could be brought back in the future). I'll pass along the idea of having some kind of video created to show off the light-up feature in the future. Most likely, such a video would probably not show up for a few months (if it can be done at all) as the prototype may no longer be in house.

From what I've seen, yes.

-SideshowAlex

Alex thanks for taking the time to post this information, it will save hundreds of posts of speculating. Going to have to think hard on this, it will probably come down to this or the Joker PF Ex for me and that's a tough call atm.

It looks cool, but not that cool. I dunno. I feel like it needs more fine tuning. Maybe its just the photos. I don't find it to be a flashy figure the way they photographed it.

Alex, any idea if there is a possibily that this could be made and release by SS?

4858994875_6df7665423.jpg

It looks cool, but not that cool. I dunno. I feel like it needs more fine tuning. Maybe its just the photos. I don't find it to be a flashy figure the way they photographed it.

I can't pin point it either but I do feel something is missing. The 2 racing stripes and flat black surface that make up the base isn't really doing much for this piece.

Nova you're probably right. I was anticipating a more classic Rinzler pose like this:

tron-legacy-rinzler-korean-movie-poster.jpg

Imo when I think of Rinzler this is how I envision him initially, second would be when he is twirling in the air like an acrobat dodging Sam's disc.

Nova you're probably right. I was anticipating a more classic Rinzler pose like this:

tron-legacy-rinzler-korean-movie-poster.jpg

Imo when I think of Rinzler this is how I envision him initially, second would be when he is twirling in the air like an acrobat dodging Sam's disc.

yup! that's it right there. that's the pose they should of went with. I know SS doesn't seem to normally like to go with movie stills/posters as their design, (Dutch, Cap, Thor-to name a few) and it usually doesn't matter, but with Rinzler they really should've went with his pose from the movie & poster. They just needed to drop that left arm down and tilt the head down and it would've looked so much better IMO

Ok honestly...and this is just my opinion...he doesn't warrant a 1:4 statue. I think he'd have made a sweet figure from Hot Toys. For sideshow...there are so many things that could have been better for a statue. How about Sam Flynn. How about a light cycle (yes I know its in the works). How about Quorra? How about THE FLYNN!

It just doesn't seem like its a figure that blows you away. I'm predicting another Neytiri situation here. Sweet premise, but just didn't nail it. 1:4 is tough. you really have to nail it. I think they swung and missed with this statue. I hate the base. It's so bright and orange that it kills the figure. They'd have done better to do a glossy base that lit up in a way that also would light the statue up.

But as with any prototype. It's a prototype. Lets see what they finish at.

I blame MAXX Replicas. His bases are so cool that they make this one suck. Sideshow. Hire MAXX please.

Back