Statue SS Rinzler Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok honestly...and this is just my opinion...he doesn't warrant a 1:4 statue. I think he'd have made a sweet figure from Hot Toys. For sideshow...there are so many things that could have been better for a statue. How about Sam Flynn. How about a light cycle (yes I know its in the works). How about Quorra? How about THE FLYNN!

It just doesn't seem like its a figure that blows you away. I'm predicting another Neytiri situation here. Sweet premise, but just didn't nail it. 1:4 is tough. you really have to nail it. I think they swung and missed with this statue. I hate the base. It's so bright and orange that it kills the figure. They'd have done better to do a glossy base that lit up in a way that also would light the statue up.

But as with any prototype. It's a prototype. Lets see what they finish at.

I blame MAXX Replicas. His bases are so cool that they make this one suck. Sideshow. Hire MAXX please.

Have to disagree about the choice of character. How can Tron (Rinzler) be a poor choice of character for a Tron film? Both Flynn's are getting the HT treatment and personally I have no desire to have either in 1/4 format. Quorra or CLU I'd gladly take in 1/4 though. :D

I do agree this doesn't blow you away like I hoped it would, and I think a slight tweak in pose would help that aspect. Rinzler's character was an intimidating warrior, he acts as CLU's enforcer and this pose doesn't do much in evoking that emotion when you saw him in the film.

IF they make an adjustment to the pose then this figure gets awesome. I'm just surprised this was the first statue we saw out of SS for the TRON license.

Nova you're probably right. I was anticipating a more classic Rinzler pose like this:

tron-legacy-rinzler-korean-movie-poster.jpg

Imo when I think of Rinzler this is how I envision him initially, second would be when he is twirling in the air like an acrobat dodging Sam's disc.

This is spot on. Rinzler was used in the film like a Ninja. silent, deadly and acrobatic.

300136_press03.jpg

This pose does not say acrobatic, and look at that right leg, looks very unusual

I'm really excited...
I'm not into statues, but since HT is pulling the plug on Tron, I will have toe get this guy!! :rock!!
I'm pretty sure it will light-up to some extent...

Is Hot Toys definitely not producing any more Tron figures? I was so hoping for a Clu or Rinzler from them... continuity of format is a high priority for me :p but I'll buy this if there's no other format of him.

sigh. what IS it with ss and awkward poses?
this came so close to being a great piece. now it's just so-so.
oh well, i was looking forward to a cool tron legacy statue. but this is an easy pass for me.

Is Hot Toys definitely not producing any more Tron figures? I was so hoping for a Clu or Rinzler from them... continuity of format is a high priority for me :p but I'll buy this if there's no other format of him.

All we actually know is this from an interview months ago:

Q: Since the Announcement of Tron: Legacy, we wonder if other characters from the license will emerge? A: Unfortunately, due to a scheduling problem, we've had to hold this license, particularly because of the figures coming out soon.

Some people are interpreting that as it is cancelled, others think the scheduling problem they are talking about is that they need time to develop the light up features more or they want to avoid releasing a figure at the same time Sideshow releases one of their products and then Sideshow released Rinzler a little later than expected. Or, they didn't want to compete with themselves and releasing something the same time as the light cycle which has been repeatedly delayed.

Some are saying this is like the Watchmen line where they pulled the plug before releasing a Rorschach because they weren't happy with sales and others are comparing it with Predators where they are staggering releases over long periods of time to avoid direct competition with Sideshow's stuff. Whether we see another release it is really hard to say but I don't know that anyone knows for certain one way or the other. Many said we would never see an Iron Monger. I guess I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic. There was a rumor CLU was in the works but I haven't heard anything lately.

sigh. what IS it with ss and awkward poses?
this came so close to being a great piece. now it's just so-so.
oh well, i was looking forward to a cool tron legacy statue. but this is an easy pass for me.

This pose is almost the equivalent of the ROTJ Luke pose. It just doesn't make sense from a creative or business perspective to choose a less than iconic pose. :slap:slap:slap:slap

Sideshow why do you do this to YOURSELVES?

At first I wasn't excited about this statue now that I see it. I want it.

In partnership with Quantum Creation FX, Sideshow Collectibles is proud to present from 'TRON: Legacy' the Rinzler Maquette. Capturing the masked enforcer of The Grid, each piece is individually painted and finished, with its own unique quality and detail that is the trademark of a handcrafted Sideshow Collectibles product. Presented in approximately 1:4 Scale and featuring LED light-up suit, base, and identity disks, the Rinzler Maquette is the perfect addition to any collection.

Light Up Function Requires Three (3) AA Batteries

Site is back up, here is the board's affilate link:

ORDER RINZLER NOW!!!

I for one was really looking forward to this release. Unfortunately SS really screwed the pooch.

To me the body sculpt looks more like a super hero than the screen Rinzler. The legs, and neck are way too muscular, and the helmet way too small. The pose is horrible, and a poor choice.

This is a PASS for me. With any luck the disc/ baton set will make up for this sub par release.

No info of size of statue?

i give up with SSC...are they not interested in selling stuff?

Passssssssssssssssss

No info of size of statue?

i give up with SSC...are they not interested in sell stuff?

Passssssssssssssssss

The Rinzler Maquette is a 1/4 scale item. Exact height will be updated on the site shortly. Thanks for the alert about that! Much appreciated! :)

-SideshowAlex

Back