Statue SS Rinzler Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see some fresh news about this. I cant' wait to see the full reveal next week. I don't care about the scale ; if it looks good to me, there's a chance I'll be ordering.

As for the lighting details we see on the teaser pic, they seem painted to me. It's hard to tell with only one picture but I can't imagine it doesn't light up.

- 1/4 Sam & Lightcycle will light up
- Disc and baton replica set will light up

In their Tron Legacy video, they announced however you display their products, it will be "consistent with all the light lines, contrast between colors and lights".

If the statue doesn't light up, where would the consistency be ?

They've done it before. They keep doing it now in their PFs, 1/1 busts, 12", dioramas. Other companies (PCS, Kotobukiya, First4Figures ...) put lights in their products too.

It would be a lazy move from Sideshow not to do it for Rinzler (and possibly Quorra).

So, if the Rinzler figures comes out - I'm prepared :lol

discwar.jpg

The whole production design on this film was based on light. If this doesn't have a light up feature it's a huge fail. The sculpt does look great though. Please let there be light.

must say i'm surprised at this announcement. didn't expect to see much from it, let alone a rinzler. but it is good news. thing is, i would've preferred a pf with a mix of fabrics/rubber and polystone. i'm concerned whether or not ss can pull off the paint app for the high-gloss look of rinzler's armour, esp the helmet. they don't exactly have a good track record, even for 1:1 pieces.

watching this with cautious optimism...

must say i'm surprised at this announcement. didn't expect to see much from it, let alone a rinzler. but it is good news. thing is, i would've preferred a pf with a mix of fabrics/rubber and polystone. i'm concerned whether or not ss can pull off the paint app for the high-gloss look of rinzler's armour, esp the helmet. they don't exactly have a good track record, even for 1:1 pieces.

watching this with cautious optimism...

They announced several Tron Legacy products long ago, so it wasn't really surprising. They've still got a 1:4 Lightcycle planned.

They announced several Tron Legacy products long ago, so it wasn't really surprising. They've still got a 1:4 Lightcycle planned.

that's the thing. they announced those items AGES ago then nothing. not a peep from them til now. as for the lightcycle, i'm curious to see what they do with it. if it's polystone, i'll prob pass because i'm not convinced ss can pull off the ultra high-gloss finish.

Sideshow seems pretty committed to this license from what I understand. This was in their "Ask Sideshow" section just a few months ago in June:

"We are in fact developing lots of Tron Legacy products. Not only the Sam Flynn Light Disc set, but also a 1:4 scale Lightcycle and an as-of-yet-unannounced 1:4 scale villain too. Because the light features are so essential to Tron, we need additional time to work out all of the engineering and functionality on our products before they are ready for their big reveal. We may be able to show some of them at San Diego Comic-Con, or perhaps soon after the show."

It sounds like Rinzler is 1:4 scale. I know this has been a lot of "stick a fork in it" in this forum about this property, but I find this statement very encouraging, especially being that it was made six months after the movie was released. To still say they are developing lots of Tron: Legacy product back in June, must mean the Hot Toys presales were encouraging as well as fan feedback, and the home video release. I think these things just take a bit of time.

Sideshow seems pretty committed to this license from what I understand. This was in their "Ask Sideshow" section just a few months ago in June:

"We are in fact developing lots of Tron Legacy products. Not only the Sam Flynn Light Disc set, but also a 1:4 scale Lightcycle and an as-of-yet-unannounced 1:4 scale villain too. Because the light features are so essential to Tron, we need additional time to work out all of the engineering and functionality on our products before they are ready for their big reveal. We may be able to show some of them at San Diego Comic-Con, or perhaps soon after the show."

Thanks for digging that up, Oscar !
I shouldn't have been that pessimistic about the light issue
icon11.gif

It sounds like Rinzler is 1:4 scale. I know this has been a lot of "stick a fork in it" in this forum about this property, but I find this statement very encouraging, especially being that it was made six months after the movie was released. To still say they are developing lots of Tron: Legacy product back in June, must mean the Hot Toys presales were encouraging as well as fan feedback, and the home video release. I think these things just take a bit of time.
:goodpost:

If SSC is committed to getting the light element correct than I hope they take all the time in they need for this line instead of rushing it out like HT did with Flynn.

:goodpost:

If SSC is committed to getting the light element correct than I hope they take all the time in they need for this line instead of rushing it out like HT did with Flynn.

This is really the beginning and end of this whole thing. If it lights up and causes them to take longer then go ahead and take the time. But it better light up sweet...and via batteries.

This is really the beginning and end of this whole thing. If it lights up and causes them to take longer then go ahead and take the time. But it better light up sweet...and via batteries.
Batteries? Hmm idk if other SSC 1/4 maquette's run off batteries but the 2 I have both require plugging into a normal wall socket. :monkey1

Back