Statue SS Rinzler Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have sent it back. When you take any discounts for a bad item. You're telling them it's Ok and they don't need to fix the problem.
I thought about that, but this is the first problem I have ever had with a Sidehsow piece and I own quite a number of them. I guess my emotions got the best of me also as I was waiting for this statue for over 2 years.

I thought about that, but this is the first problem I have ever had with a Sidehsow piece and I own quite a number of them. I guess my emotions got the best of me also as I was waiting for this statue for over 2 years.

I fully understand what your saying. All I am saying is when people take a discount for something like this your sending a message. It's ok. We can offer them a discount and not work to fix the problem.

Let's face it, we are not talking about something you can buy at Target. These cost $$$ and we as collectors should get what we want. Also there will be a time that you may want to sell it. You never know. But its a broken item. No matter what its selling for your selling a broken item. Even if you fix it.

I buy all my items from SSC and I have gotten the off item. They took the time to make it right. Even to the point they sent out 3, in the end not matter what discount I could get elsewhere. I still buy from them.

can someone take some pictures of the right arm were it meets the body because mine has so oozee on the front and back compare to the other arm is tight and no oozee and want to make sure that is not only mine before i call sideshow thanks

Rezzing this thread back after some time because I have a question.

I recently was finally able to purchase Rinzler Maquette(#100) for a decent price and I am completely floored with it. Such a beautiful statue once lit! I wish I wouldn't have waited so long.

In a couple months I will be attending Florida Supercon where they are having a Tron Reunion with Bruce Boxleitner and others. I plan on bringing just the "Base" of the statue to have The Box (since he voiced Rinzler) sign it on top where the signature will be in between Rinzlers feet.

I don't plan on ever selling this statue and would love to have it signed by Tron himself!
My question is this...
Would having him sign it possibly devalue the collectibility of it?

Just gauging what collectors view as having a limited production piece signed. Thanks guys.

7ODQRz.jpg

just make sure you have photos of him signing it...have him sign the bottom...lotta guys hate the graffiti look of a signature on top of the base...and never say never when you say I'm never gonna sell...you never know...take it from me...used to say that all the time till job loss/finances/health hit hard

just make sure you have photos of him signing it...have him sign the bottom...lotta guys hate the graffiti look of a signature on top of the base...and never say never when you say I'm never gonna sell...you never know...take it from me...used to say that all the time till job loss/finances/health hit hard

Thanks for the tips.
Definitely will be getting pics of him signing it. I really do want The Box to sign the top of the base. I'm a huge TRON fan and I have a ton of other things that would go wayyyy before this, haha. One reason I'm thinking the top is because there seems to be a slight abrasion in the black paint right in the center. Also, I was thinking about putting a nice Gloss Clearcoat over the sig to add some nice reflectivity to the base and liven it up and protect the signature.
Ever since I got this statue a couple of months ago, I just look at it an smile everyday. I absolutely love it. Already wore out a set of Energizer Lithium batteries by turning it on all the time. haha.

Thanks for the tips.
Definitely will be getting pics of him signing it. I really do want The Box to sign the top of the base. I'm a huge TRON fan and I have a ton of other things that would go wayyyy before this, haha. One reason I'm thinking the top is because there seems to be a slight abrasion in the black paint right in the center. Also, I was thinking about putting a nice Gloss Clearcoat over the sig to add some nice reflectivity to the base and liven it up and protect the signature.
Ever since I got this statue a couple of months ago, I just look at it an smile everyday. I absolutely love it. Already wore out a set of Energizer Lithium batteries by turning it on all the time. haha.

Enjoy this great and rare piece man...do what makes you happy :)

Still haven’t gotten it signed. Was worried about transport the last time, but it’s still in my wheelhouse.
Love looking at this statue
A8F4EB67-6DAF-444E-9BDA-436F07B711BA.jpeg

So I found one for sale on Facebook and it's coming from Italy. I hope it arrives safely.

Thanks. I wish they made more of more characters. I hope one day there's a sequel to Tron Legacy.

I agree. I mean SS had a whole line of products planned but the movie didn't catch on as big as everyone had hoped. We were supposed to get a quarter scale lightcycle, life-size Identity Disc and light cycle baton, premium format Quorra etc. :monkey2

https://youtu.be/XFxAonSIL7g

Oh, man. I don't know if I want to watch that - it'll just make me sad, lol. It sucks that it didn't do as well as they'd hoped. I wish it made more money. I think the movie was ahead of its time. It holds up, for me. The de-aging isn't even that bad looking, in my opinion.

Back