Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

Did a lot of work this weekend on Endor stuff mixed with a little Cantina stuff as well.

The camo on the Endor guys has bugged me since day 1 when I got them years ago and I finally did something about it. Started out by dipping them in a dark green dye for about 2 minutes which helped tone down the lime green look of them. I then went back in with paint for the detail of the pattern. Also gave them a good weathering job to simulate them trudging through the muddy forest terrain of Endor. I went mostly off the Star Wars Costume book for reference. Now I need to go back in and work on the details of their faces, particularly Nik's beard. They're also sporting DiD bodies in place of the Bucks. This is 3 of the 5 guys I have. The other two are still in the weathering department.

My custom Nik scout is also done with the addition of his balaclava. I also started adding foliage to the Endor bases to make them more legit. I've got four other bases for the rebels as well.

And one of the scouts got his foliage as well as the speeder.

As for Cantina, I finished up Dannik Jerriko and added him, Mosep, Nabrun, and Labria to the display as well as a few sandies.
I usually don't color outside the lines much when it comes to character details but with Dannik I tried something and I really like the result. Since he's known as the smoker and we don't really see where the smoking tube goes in the Cantina scene I thought I'd give him something on his belt kind of like the Hasbro figure did. I personally don't like following the Hasbro figures much because when they made a lot of the newer Cantina characters around the Episode 1 and 2 time period and took freedoms with how their bottom halves looked. And some are pretty ridiculous in my opinion. But I think the hose and the pipe Dannik was using was probably connected to the bar somehow and seeing as how I don't have a bar, here's what I came up with.

All that remains is switching out his holster for a true left handed one. Right now he's got a regular fleet trooper one with the blaster in backwards.

And lastly here's my Cantina display thus far, excluding the top shelf that has Greedo and the band.

I love the way Labria works with the setup and with how I painted his eyes to be glaring to his right. He looks as if he's about to do something regrettable...

I am going to look into getting some different sheets of scrapbooking paper at my local Hobby Lobby to tape over my LED lighting to tone it down a bit and give the shelves a more Cantina feel.

Got out the dremel last night and hollowed out two duros heads and Lak's head so more Cantina patrons are on the horizon. :D

I'm slacking so hardcore on my Marmit customs. That's some criminal energy you have there. ;)

Damn dude. Awesome update. Dannik's smoking apparatus is too cool. Endor troops and jungle bases look incredible. Really well done. Bravo sir. :)

Spud, those are awesome, but I really have to comment on the Lak Sivrak. Something about him is just super-cool. He really looks like a dangerous low-life. Great work.

Thanks dude. I started on Lak Sivrak last night. Sorting out his uniform and hands and whatnot. Are you talking about Labria? The devil looking guy? Because Lak isn't in there yet. But either way, thanks my friend. :)

Did a lot of work this weekend on Endor stuff mixed with a little Cantina stuff as well.

The camo on the Endor guys has bugged me since day 1 when I got them years ago and I finally did something about it. Started out by dipping them in a dark green dye for about 2 minutes which helped tone down the lime green look of them. I then went back in with paint for the detail of the pattern. Also gave them a good weathering job to simulate them trudging through the muddy forest terrain of Endor. I went mostly off the Star Wars Costume book for reference. Now I need to go back in and work on the details of their faces, particularly Nik's beard. They're also sporting DiD bodies in place of the Bucks. This is 3 of the 5 guys I have. The other two are still in the weathering department.

My custom Nik scout is also done with the addition of his balaclava. I also started adding foliage to the Endor bases to make them more legit. I've got four other bases for the rebels as well.

And one of the scouts got his foliage as well as the speeder.

As for Cantina, I finished up Dannik Jerriko and added him, Mosep, Nabrun, and Labria to the display as well as a few sandies.
I usually don't color outside the lines much when it comes to character details but with Dannik I tried something and I really like the result. Since he's known as the smoker and we don't really see where the smoking tube goes in the Cantina scene I thought I'd give him something on his belt kind of like the Hasbro figure did. I personally don't like following the Hasbro figures much because when they made a lot of the newer Cantina characters around the Episode 1 and 2 time period and took freedoms with how their bottom halves looked. And some are pretty ridiculous in my opinion. But I think the hose and the pipe Dannik was using was probably connected to the bar somehow and seeing as how I don't have a bar, here's what I came up with.

All that remains is switching out his holster for a true left handed one. Right now he's got a regular fleet trooper one with the blaster in backwards.

And lastly here's my Cantina display thus far, excluding the top shelf that has Greedo and the band.

I love the way Labria works with the setup and with how I painted his eyes to be glaring to his right. He looks as if he's about to do something regrettable...

I am going to look into getting some different sheets of scrapbooking paper at my local Hobby Lobby to tape over my LED lighting to tone it down a bit and give the shelves a more Cantina feel.

Got out the dremel last night and hollowed out two duros heads and Lak's head so more Cantina patrons are on the horizon. :D

Where did you get the Lak head?

I appreciate it guys. :D

The Lak head I got from Jessica here on the boards. Also got Labria and Djas Puhr from her.
Here's a little preview of Lak. I pieced him together last night to get a feel for how he'd look. I'm not making him with the typical Shistavanen look because I feel that a lot of that look is based off the original figure they made all those years ago and the look stuck. Not to mention I don't have anything to use for the dog-like legs. For all we know the actor was wearing swimming trunks behind that bar. haha

I used some cast Hasbro Bith hands from master Enaud and did the cotton ball trick used by Chris on his snaggletooth head for the hair on the back of them (and on the chest). Probably go back and do another coat of hair on them before getting deep into the painting process. Also thinking of picking up some faux fur from Hobby Lobby to add to the head in spots to complement Jessica's awesome sculpt.

Lots of awesome scum and villainy happening in this thread spud, but what's Han doing in that Imperial uniform? Inquiring minds want to know. :lol

Back