Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANOTHER TEN DAY SPOOKTACULAR? Hell, yes. Haven't had one of those since 2009 and that was arguably the best one they've done.

I honestly don't recall that many Chat contests in 2011, in response to SideshowAlex's post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were many times during the week where I'd log on late in the evening to find out nothing had happened that day. There also weren't as many site contests (we used to have a handful per day; those ones would either start and end on the same day or be finished in 48 hours max). It just paled in comparison to '10 and especially to '09. I don't know what got into Sideshow that year, but it needs to happen again. "Sleep is for the Weak" hasn't had meaning since. 2011 was so laid back I actually forgot it was even Spooktacular after a couple days.

Last edited:
Yep.

And I'm still a little miffed that they cancelled my deeply discounted Undying Carcass (meant as a gift to a fellow freak at that) last year, even after I had secured a T order number...

Damn! That really frosts my cookie! :mad:

The year of Freddypillar was the funnest Spook for me. Great contests, great prizes, deep discounts on products people actually wanted and the site and forum was just buzzing with activity. Hasn't been the same since, IMO. These days I just look for new product announcements and good sales, and only enter contests for things I actually want.

2tabw.gif

Will be my First Spook....I'm terrified..and excited! :p

ANOTHER TEN DAY SPOOKTACULAR? Hell, yes. Haven't had one of those since 2009 and that was arguably the best one they've done.

I honestly don't recall that many Chat contests in 2011, in response to SideshowAlex's post. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there were many times during the week where I'd log on late in the evening to find out nothing had happened that day. There also weren't as many site contests (we used to have a handful per day; those ones would either start and end on the same day or be finished in 48 hours max). It just paled in comparison to '10 and especially to '09. I don't know what got into Sideshow that year, but it needs to happen again. "Sleep is for the Weak" hasn't had meaning since. 2011 was so laid back I actually forgot it was even Spooktacular after a couple days.

I was on chat most of the week, but all the big stuff was done on the last day, while I was at work. A bit frustrating but it was nice to see some freaks win that had been shut out and on most of the week as well. I'm currently planning my first entries into the losers lounge which I'll start up as soon as we get an official countdown. I gotta story to finish, and I had too much fun writing that last year.

they will probably do to the pinhead pf what they did to the jason pf which was give us a teaser pic like the did for the jason pf on spook of 2010.

Most wanted horror PF's.

Pinhead
Michael Myers
Leatherface (butcher version)
Dracula 1992 (older version w/red silk kimono and lantern)

There is more horror stuff that I want, but this is all I can think of right now.

Most wanted horror PF's.

Pinhead
Michael Myers
Leatherface (butcher version)
Dracula 1992 (older version w/red silk kimono and lantern)

There is more horror stuff that I want, but this is all I can think of right now.

I second that. The only one that REALLY interests me at this point though is Myers 'cause he's part of the big three. SS really needs to get on it already. I hope they have something big for the horror fans at Spook, but sadly I don't think they will. They already said there wouldn't be a Myers PF this year in one of the "Ask Sideshow" posts. I wouldn't buy Pinhead or a new Leatherface PF 'cause I just don't have the room but for a '78 or '81 Myers PF... oh I'd pre-order in less than a second. ;)

Back