Splice License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
comparing Splice with Predator? :lol :cuckoo:. I don't know who "they" are who said AVP stuff would never sell out. Anyone who knows anything about Pred collectibles knows there is a high demand for them. First off with the Species maquette, it took years for it to sell out, and even though there wasn't a whole lot of interest in it, at least ppl admitted it is cool looking. This will get one statue out of it, and it will take years to sell out, doesn't mean something was/is successful just because it eventually sold out through countless discounts.

This is a forum, just because I give my opinion that you don't agree with doesn't make me naive. I'm not alone, it's clear already that whatever comes out of this license will be insignificant. You seem to think just because a large group of people don't like something, they're whiners and complainers. You've been in too many ____ fest HT threads.

No, what's naive is thinking your opinion will reflect the sales of a product that's not even released yet.

I'm a big fan of Vincenzo Natali. With Splice, I really liked, as others already mentionned, his take on the Frankenstein Monster story.
The various stages of evolution of the creature are visually striking.
Granted, I don't think we'll see more than one or two products from this movie. But I'm very interested in hearing more about what they plan to do.

I noticed Sideshow is working with Jordu Schell. After taking a look at his work ( https://schellstudio.com/ ), I think and hope he's part of this project.

On a side note, I'm also pleased about this announcement because it reminds me of Sideshow years ago. When a huge licence was not needed to make amazing products.
Pumpkinhead, Tremors, Reign of Fire, Species or Trick'r Treat are no blockbusters. But creatures designs were very interesting and Sideshow hit a homerun with each released product, IMO.

I still don't get it why they bought the license for this movie,the movie was average and nothing more ,they could've bought the license from other horror movies like The Ring/Grudge ,Bram Stoker's Dracula etc

I still don't get it why they bought the license for this movie,the movie was average and nothing more ,they could've bought the license from other horror movies like The Ring/Grudge ,Bram Stoker's Dracula etc

the license was prob cheap & I don't think gary oldman has given ok for his likeness rights

A Bram Stoker's Dracula pf would be amazing.

I would love this one.

bram_stoker_s_dracula_movie_image_gary_oldman.jpg

Well, if this means they're gearing up for a Pan's Labyrinth license, I'm all for it!

Um... I think THAT movie was pointless :dunno
Not saw Splice yet so can't compare it to the PL.

I thought the Splice creature was quite sexy & attractive...:monkey4
Don't know why people are so disturbed by their sexual attraction to Splice:dunno

People are people.

Back