Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Untitled 3rd Spider-Man film

Damn is my ex girlfriend going to be in this to?

Screen-Shot-2020-12-09-at-2.06.32-PM.jpg

Man even with WB trying to murder cinema and burning more bridges than Jeff and Kwai MARVEL STILL manages to carry the news cycle lol

Last edited:

Sinister Six coming together quick lol

Sheesh we still have Venom, Carnage and Morbius.

Blade!

Marvel just changed the formula....BAM everyone together all at once no build up.

It will be like a rock concert all over again fans are going to be freaking out every 5 minutes lol

Last edited:

Am I the only one that isn't excited about all this? It all just sounds like fanservice for the sake of fanservice. In the past few years ever since this stuff became super mainstream; ive had to read enough clickbait articles about how "epic" it is that a mostly retired actor is being dragged onscreen for a glorified cameo in a soft reboot no one wanted, or how amazing Ryan Reynolds is for daring to have Deadpool say the F-word while peddling an increasingly corporate friendly brand of "offensiveness" that wouldn't offend anyone outside of the 1950s.

When Tom Holland took this role and it was clearly a new kind of Spiderman, we were all reassured that he just needed time to grow into the familliar hero we all know and adopt classic elements. Well it's been half a decade since he has been cast and so far neither he nor the series has taken a single step towards anything more traditional, nor have they had him grow up at all. Instead he is just goofing off in high school while we get completely reinvented characters from the rogues gallery.

I just want them to cut with the fanwankyness and "oh so clever" jokes, and just tell a good, entertaining Spiderman story that isn't concerned with reinventing the wheel with a character that does just fine as is or subverting the genre.

And I certainly don't trust it to come from the studio that only a few years ago thought we needed a movie about Aunt May as a spy.

Last edited:

It all just sounds like fanservice for the sake of fanservice.

*cue Tinkerbell flying over the Magic Castle*

'memba The Force Awakens?

Disney wants you to think they make movies for kids, but they really make movies for 40-50+ year old males who long for the good old days and have the money to spend and the movie-going habit that most millennials don't. Nostalgia sells to old men.

Back