Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Untitled 3rd Spider-Man film

This is Kevin Feige taking a shot at the Flash film by taking it to another level. The only reason Civil War happened was because of BvS.

I'm now seeing reports on twitter that Maguire, Garfield, Kirsten Dunst and Emma Stone are going to be in it. Holy ***t.

They are putting the band back together.

Talk about nostalgia grab. This could be worse than putting Luke, Han and Leia back into Star Wars.

1) I hope they keep their respective Spidey suits - don't need no redesigns.
2) I hope this will essentially canonize their movies with the MCU
3) What will this mean for JK Simmons as Jameson? Is he some kind of dimension-bridging fulcrum of all the Spideyverses? :lol

1) I hope they keep their respective Spidey suits - don't need no redesigns.
2) I hope this will essentially canonize their movies with the MCU
3) What will this mean for JK Simmons as Jameson? Is he some kind of dimension-bridging fulcrum of all the Spideyverses? :lol

Scarlet Witch will likely break the dimensional barrier with her TV show. Dr. Strange movie I think is about him trying to try and patch things together.

He's right though. The Russos pitched Civil War before BvS was announced and Feige said no. Then came the BvS reveal and he said crap okay guys go ahead and make your movie as long as you one-up DC.

Link?

*I just read an old article that said the Russos thought BvS did have an impact. They aren't 100% sure, since it was being written before they signed to direct.

Link?

*I just read an old article that said the Russos thought BvS did have an impact. They aren't 100% sure, since it was being written before they signed to direct.

Sure: https://www.businessinsider.com/bat...-america-civil-war-influence-2016-4?r=DE&IR=T

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, "Captain America: Civil War" director Joe Russo explained how he and his brother, co-director Anthony Russo, tried to distinguish the "Captain America" franchise from other hero movies and take it in a new direction.

"For our part, when we finished 'Winter Soldier' two years ago and we were thinking about doing the next one the only thing that seemed interesting to us was to deconstruct the Marvel Universe — because where else can we go at this point? There have been 11 or 12 movies so far, all with a fairly traditional structure," Russo said.

Although the "Captain America" franchise had been very successful, Joe and Anthony anticipated that at some point audiences would tire of the Marvel formula:

"Our pitch to [Marvel] was: 'People will tell you they love chocolate ice cream — until you give it to them five days a week. It's time to give them some rainbow sherbet,'" he explained. "[Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige] is a maverick and he's very sensitive to how people are responding to his content. He said he thought we might be right."

After the announcement of "Batman v Superman," which began as a straight-forward "Man of Steel" sequel and later became a crossover tentpole with multiple heroes, Feige agreed to a new direction for "Captain America" that would break from tradition.

" ... After they [Warner Bros.] announced 'Batman v Superman,' [Kevin Feige] said, 'you guys are absolutely right.' We needed to do something challenging with the material or we were going to start to lose the audience," Russo said.

Marvel know people are going to lose interest in the next Marvel phase, so bringing back the old Spiderman actors will increase the interest. They've obviously seen how well received WB's idea is in bringing Keaton and Affleck back in the Flash film.

I loved the original Spidey films, so will be happy to see the return of that cast.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It is designed to blow its nostalgic audience, so yes.

Just promise me you won't cry when they release the trailer.

Fat Gwen Stacey

Yes please. I want her to sit on my face.

2720522F-3185-409B-86AD-9FC73DC8699D.jpeg

Back