Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

A two pack may make it easier to chose to wait for Spidey from his solo movie. A two pack will cost more and I have the arc reactor Stark and have no interest in another Tony Stark figure.

Not even a Tony with the "watch repulsor"?

Spidey's suit will most likely be different next time. A change of lenses, symbol, or webbing. I want THIS suit so I hope they make one.

Unless they have to pay separate licensing to each and this makes it too expensive to be worth it? I have no real idea how any of this works, but I wonder if its possible that licensing would be cheaper for a HT Spidey for his individual movie where Sony is the sole controller of the character from the film?
I could be wrong but I thought that Fox and Sony make most of the money from their Marvel films off the films themselves and that a certain amount of the merchandising profits goes to Marvel/Disney. Hence why there's generally not as much merchandise available for the non MCU Marvel films.

I don't think there was anything indicating Hot Toys can't make a Spider-Man figure, just that they can't release it solo.

Really hoping they make a Spidey. If they do, I'll commit to this line. If not, I'll probably stick to the Mark 46. Fingers crossed.

A two pack may make it easier to chose to wait for Spidey from his solo movie. A two pack will cost more and I have the arc reactor Stark and have no interest in another Tony Stark figure.

Not even a Tony with the "watch repulsor"?

:rotfl no, but funny :) I am sure there is a fan who would love that though :wink1:

Would be nice if Hot Toys told us what the situation is with Civil War Spider-Man.

Yes...

Would be nice if Hot Toys told us what the situation is with Civil War Spider-Man.

I don't think they really need to. I think regardless of the rights issues there'd probably still be some delay. The Hasbro figure for the movie is really inaccurate and was probably a rush job, and I'd think Hot Toys would take its time to do the job right.

I don't think they really need to. I think regardless of the rights issues there'd probably still be some delay. The Hasbro figure for the movie is really inaccurate and was probably a rush job, and I'd think Hot Toys would take its time to do the job right.

Hasbro's version looks about as accurate as the rest of their legends figures. What's so inaccurate about it?

Hasbro's version looks about as accurate as the rest of their legends figures. What's so inaccurate about it?

They messed up the webbing and chest logo.

I'm so glad they finally put red boots on Lego SpiderMan. That always bugged me that he was missing them, especially in the video game

Has been done, the ones from the Lego games are suppose to represent the actual toys they are from I suppose. Hence the colors.

k2-_d4c1c69c-b9b2-48ec-8913-a710247cc9a8.v1.jpg

What was the point of Spidey in Civil War? I thought he'd have a bigger role. It was like those cameo's he or the Punisher or Deadpool gets in all those issue #3's.

What was the point of Spidey in Civil War? I thought he'd have a bigger role. It was like those cameo's he or the Punisher or Deadpool gets in all those issue #3's.

The writers mentioned they purposefully wrote his part in such a way that it wouldn't really affect the story if they had to cut him from the script over rights issues.

And he's in it for like
Spoiler Spoiler:
so it's not like it's a true cameo. That's more screen time then the iron man suits got in most of their films, or hulk got in any film or Hawkeye or Loki...so it's not like it was a small part.

And he's in it for like
Spoiler Spoiler:
so it's not like it's a true cameo. That's more screen time then the iron man suits got in most of their films, or hulk got in any film or Hawkeye or Loki...so it's not like it was a small part.

Not only did he get a good amount of screen time, but now that he as been shown to have been active for a year or so, they won't need to give us yet another origin story.

Wasn't thinking about screen time. I think he should have done more for the Civil War story like Antman did for the
Spoiler Spoiler:

What did Spidey do in the books again? I can't remember, he had some major role didn't he? I thought that crossover was rather forgettable... oh yeah I think it was Green Goblin. Mind you I read that after a long break from Marvel and didn't know what was going on.

Back