Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

I was happy with how they handled Spidey. It's a plausible way to do it. He's just a kid starting out, he mentioned he's had his powers for 6 months and then Tony Stark himself shows up asking for his help. He's excited to be included and this is his first time interacting with the others. If they had made him older then where was he at the battle of NY? I like the contrast of the inexperienced kid among the warriors, when he's actually one of the strongest.

Last edited:

Not only did he get a good amount of screen time, but now that he as been shown to have been active for a year or so, they won't need to give us yet another origin story.

which I'm happy about. Marvel did it right by not bothering with another origin story.

Wasn't thinking about screen time. I think he should have done more for the Civil War story like Antman did for the
Spoiler Spoiler:

What did Spidey do in the books again? I can't remember, he had some major role didn't he? I thought that crossover was rather forgettable... oh yeah I think it was Green Goblin. Mind you I read that after a long break from Marvel and didn't know what was going on.

Spider-Man's main contribution to the story was unmasking on live TV, which is something that wouldn't make any sense in the movie adaptation. The conflict wasn't about secret identities and almost nobody in the MCU actually has one.

Fun fact: Spider-Man had more lines in Captain America: Civil War than Superman did in Batman v Superman. Not a joke.

Fun fact: Spider-Man had more lines in Captain America: Civil War than Superman did in Batman v Superman. Not a joke.

Supes is the strong, silent type

which I'm happy about. Marvel did it right by not bothering with another origin story.

The origin story will be wedged into his solo movie along with a bs love story. Hollywood will never change.

The origin story will be wedged into his solo movie along with a bs love story. Hollywood will never change.

we won't know till its out, but since Marvel has creative control, they might do something a little different.

Garfield Spidey movies turned into love story drama nonsense, Marvel won't make the same mistake.

Garfield Spidey movies turned into love story drama nonsense, Marvel won't make the same mistake.

There will probably be romance. You don't set the reboot in high school and make a big deal about portraying Peter Parker as a realistic teenager and then completely ignore the sex drive teenagers have. I'll even say as terrible as Amazing Spider-Man 2 was, the chemistry between Garfield and Stone was one of the few things that worked (even if the story itself was bad).

Oh yes, there will be, ahem, webs...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Based on the little bit we've seen I think the MCU Spidey will be better but I actually think that the romance between Peter and Gwen was one of the better parts of the Webb films personally.

There will probably be romance. You don't set the reboot in high school and make a big deal about portraying Peter Parker as a realistic teenager and then completely ignore the sex drive teenagers have. I'll even say as terrible as Amazing Spider-Man 2 was, the chemistry between Garfield and Stone was one of the few things that worked (even if the story itself was bad).

I agree, there will be romance, but I think it will be between Tony and May. :lol

Back