Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

I keep reading HT fb post and thinking

"With great power comes great (Its Spider-man! :horror) irresponsibility (Its Deadpool :gah: ) "

What's with the hold up? How come we haven't seen this guy yet? Want this figure soooo badly. :impatient:

What's with the hold up? How come we haven't seen this guy yet? Want this figure soooo badly. :impatient:

Wow, you all are crazy impatient crackheads. I really hope that HT will take their sweet time to make a custom body and detailed suit since this guy is tiny, flexible and young. Honestly, I'd really like for them to figure out a way for the mask to be pulled over a Holland headsculpt. That's actually one of the few male figures that would benefit from rooted hair.

Interesting. I assume they could pair him with a Tony Stark figure. Not sure what else would make sense with what they have teased so far.

:goodpost: That's a great idea! I'd buy that!! Plus I'd quite like a CW Tony figure :rock

Other toy companies are making 3 packs of Spidey, Cap, and Iron Man. If Hot Toys is required to do the same then their 3 pack would cost $675!

I'd rather see a Hot Toys Spider-Man with Holland sculpt and a Marisa Tomei. She won an Oscar.

I hope she comes with a date nut loaf!

tp9sBmp.png

HEfraX6.jpg

I'm getting that! I don't have a Hawkeye, Vision, or Captain America minifigure yet.

...oh, and Spiderman too, I guess :lol

I'm so glad they finally put red boots on Lego SpiderMan. That always bugged me that he was missing them, especially in the video game

If it's true Spidey can't be released as a single figure, that would make sense. I'm sure they'll find some way to make him.
I'd be okay with that too. I actually wouldn't mind a Stark figure from the film. Only thing is if they did that I'd almost want a Holland Parker too. :lol. I have to think he'll be made at some point though. I find it hard to believe that Marvel and Sony wouldn't have some arrangement made in regards to licensing for this and future films. I'd have to imagine that most of the regular companies they work with were informed of what they can and can't do and if there are other Civil War branded Spidey figures and merchandise coming I don't see why Hot Toys would be left out.

I'd be okay with that too. I actually wouldn't mind a Stark figure from the film. Only thing is if they did that I'd almost want a Holland Parker too. :lol. I have to think he'll be made at some point though. I find it hard to believe that Marvel and Sony wouldn't have some arrangement made in regards to licensing for this and future films. I'd have to imagine that most of the regular companies they work with were informed of what they can and can't do and if there are other Civil War branded Spidey figures and merchandise coming I don't see why Hot Toys would be left out.

He wasn't saying they don't have a deal or spiderman can't be released, he was commenting on the report that any spiderman figure is required to be released in some type of multipacks.

He wasn't saying they don't have a deal or spiderman can't be released, he was commenting on the report that any spiderman figure is required to be released in some type of multipacks.

Yeah, what Motux said. There was a report saying Spidey could not be sold by himself, so I originally said HT could put Spidey in a 2-pack to circumvent that issue.

I realize that. I'm simply saying that I'm sure there's a deal in place.

Yeah, what Motux said. There was a report saying Spidey could not be sold by himself, so I originally said HT could put Spidey in a 2-pack to circumvent that issue.
I know. I'm just replying to others in here questioning if we'll get a Spider-Man figure from the film.

I realize that. I'm simply saying that I'm sure there's a deal in place.

I know. I'm just replying to others in here questioning if we'll get a Spider-Man figure from the film.
Yeah, I bet they have a deal as well. HT made figs from the Raimi movies and both Garfield Spideys, so they obviously have worked with both Marvel and Sony.

Whatever licensing hurdles exist, HT can find a way to make a Spidey.

Yeah, I bet they have a deal as well. HT made figs from the Raimi movies and both Garfield Spideys, so they obviously have worked with both Marvel and Sony.

Whatever licensing hurdles exist, HT can find a way to make a Spidey.

Unless they have to pay separate licensing to each and this makes it too expensive to be worth it? I have no real idea how any of this works, but I wonder if its possible that licensing would be cheaper for a HT Spidey for his individual movie where Sony is the sole controller of the character from the film?

Not to be selfish, but it would make it easier for me not to be tempted on a Civil War one because they don't make one then having to wonder if I should get it if they do make it or if I should wait for the one that will come out with his own movie. :wink1:

Unless they have to pay separate licensing to each and this makes it too expensive to be worth it? I have no real idea how any of this works, but I wonder if its possible that licensing would be cheaper for a HT Spidey for his individual movie where Sony is the sole controller of the character from the film?

Not to be selfish, but it would make it easier for me not to be tempted on a Civil War one because they don't make one then having to wonder if I should get it if they do make it or if I should wait for the one that will come out with his own movie. :wink1:

I'm guessing that it will be Spidey and Tony since Stark is going to be in Homecoming anyway. Plus that would kind of help with the licensing being both a 2 pack and that HT already has the license for Stark.

I'm guessing that it will be Spidey and Tony since Stark is going to be in Homecoming anyway. Plus that would kind of help with the licensing being both a 2 pack and that HT already has the license for Stark.

A two pack may make it easier to chose to wait for Spidey from his solo movie. A two pack will cost more and I have the arc reactor Stark and have no interest in another Tony Stark figure.

Back