Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Projected 600 million by Sunday holy crap.

It just opened Tuesday lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the EIGHTH Spiderman movie in 15 years. The peeps has spoken.:lecture

Aladdin just hit 900 million lol

Well - as we all know - if it crosses $1B then that proves it's a great movie that a majority of moviegoers loved and the small minority of haters can just shut up.:monkey3:lol

[/SPOILER]

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Saw this last night. I wasn't a fan of Homecoming and wasn't expecting to like this, however after accepting that this is an all new version of Spidey with no relation to the source material I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it quite a bit actually. This is Petey Parker the Craptacular Spider-Man, a reluctant hero who isn't quite there yet. Ostensibly the movie's a teen comedy, with quick fire jokes some of which land and some don't. The direction and action scenes are a league ahead of Homecoming, with some really inventive action in the third act.

Inconsequential but fun nonetheless. The Raimi films are still the gold standard for me though.

Saw this last night. I wasn't a fan of Homecoming and wasn't expecting to like this, however after accepting that this is an all new version of Spidey with no relation to the source material I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it quite a bit actually. This is Petey Parker the Craptacular Spider-Man, a reluctant hero who isn't quite there yet. Ostensibly the movie's a teen comedy, with quick fire jokes some of which land and some don't. The direction and action scenes are a league ahead of Homecoming, with some really inventive action in the third act.

Inconsequential but fun nonetheless. The Raimi films are still the gold standard for me though.

Yea the raimi films are definitely the best live action spiderman movies we will ever get i even enjoy the amazing spiderman 1 more then the mcu movies these new movies should be called ironboy and his annoying friends vs great spiderman villans

I like these most recent spiderman movies the most, think Holland is the best peter parker, but I do get some of the criticisms. They eschewed another origin story, because we've seen that too many times already, and because he was thrust into the Avengers, we lost a lot of the "early years" spiderman many of you seem to want.

I prefer to take the Raimi Spiderman movies and these as sort of an amalgam, to help fill in the blanks and create a fuller story.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I dont mind they skipped his origin in the mcu if you know anything about the character you know about how I got his powers and uncle Ben...my biggest problem for me with the mcu spiderman movies is he has no identity he's just some kid who uses tony Starks tech and looks up to him way to much he's been in five movies and has zero growth he still just this kid...I had high hopes that far from home would be the movie where he finally grew a set and handled business on his own but i guess he never will be that guy in the mcu

I dont mind they skipped his origin in the mcu if you know anything about the character you know about how I got his powers and uncle Ben...my biggest problem for me with the mcu spiderman movies is he has no identity he's just some kid who uses tony Starks tech and looks up to him way to much he's been in five movies and has zero growth he still just this kid...I had high hopes that far from home would be the movie where he finally grew a set and handled business on his own but i guess he never will be that guy in the mcu

I don't know -- I think he did grow as a superhero by the end. Learned to trust his Spidey Sense, blind-fighting his way through illusions to Mysterio, recovering from his trusting and gullible mistake -- it's just that they need to drop the wide-eyed, slack-jawed thing for his third outing to make it stick.

The reliance on Stark tech doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon, unless he purposely goes low-tech because his rogues' gallery figures out how to compromise his suits or whatever.

I thought this was done really well. They did Mysterio perfectly in my opinion and I'm really happy the way it turned out. The 2 end credits scenes though I'm highly questioning and wondering were at all that they're going to go with this.

I just saw this again in 3D and I sure am glad that I did because a lot of it improved for me. Not only did the 3D enhance a lot of the action scenes but "that" one Mysterio scene was also a total mind **** (and I mean that in a good way).

I could have likely squeezed this into my top 10 MCU if it hadn't been for...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also...

Spoiler Spoiler:

And kudos to them for reinforcing that...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Upping my rating from 6.5/10 to 7/10.

:lol

Oh yeah I remember that. Snikt's review of Civil War - ''by-the-numbers, safe, family friendly Marvel, just terrible. 9/10''

BDnd1fr.gif

Last edited:
Chakor is like reverse Snikt!

Loved it!

3.5/10!

When did I ever give a movie I loved a score that low? :lol

7/10 is about the lowest score I remember giving to a movie that I loved/really enjoyed.

:lol

Oh yeah I remember that. Snikt's review of Civil War - ''by-the-numbers, safe, family friendly Marvel, just terrible. 9/10''

Yeah SNIKT's ratings were very odd.

IRRC, 10/10 was "masterpiece", 9/10 was "great but short by a hair", 8/10 was "mostly solid but flawed", 7/10 was "mediocre and uninspired", 6/10 was "better off skipping", and 5/10 or anything lower were just "garbage".

Back