Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Hey, look, I wanted Sony to continue with Raimi and Maguire but they chickened out as soon as anyone started saying bad things about their movies. So this is my message to them now https://youtu.be/nGuVTw01vrM?t=94

That's why I want Spiderman to stay in the MCU. That said I do agree that Disney should ask Sony back to the table if they haven't already. Ball is in their court.

Couldnt Sony just make the third Tom Holland Spider-Man movie without Disney, minus any MCU references.

Couldnt Sony just make the third Tom Holland Spider-Man movie without Disney, minus any MCU references.

Theoretically, but you just know they'd end up contradicting his history in the MCU and the MCU would not allow for whatever stories/characters and events Sony would do in those films. So if Holland ever returned to the MCU down the line you'd have to ignore his solo film(s) with Sony, it'd be a mess. Keeping him in the MCU is just cleaner.

Well I’m not interested in anything Disney has to offer in terms of phase 4. I thought Endgame and Far From Home was a good way to wrap up the series.

If Sony made a third Tom Holland Spider-Man movie, I would have no problem with it as long as it seemed like the logical follow up and conclusion to Homecoming and Far From Home.

There is definitely a story to be crafted around Far From Homes ending with Spider-Mans identity being outed. It leads right into Homecomings ending with Vulture telling Scorprion he doesnt know who he is. Now all of New York knows. A sequel practically writes itself.

We dont need Happy Hogan or Shield or Nick Fury or Captain Marvel or any of that other garbage for a good sequel to Far From Home, especially now that most of the original Avengers are dead (Stark, Black Widow), retired (Rogers, Thor), or mistreated (Poor Hulk).

Have the third movie be about Spider-Man becoming his own man without the MCU. Now with Stark gone and Happy Hogan taking care of his daughter, you can actually have a non-Iron Man centered story for once.

Since we know Strange is making the multiverse official they've already got an easy way of bringing in a second Spider-Man that could appear in the same place as current Peter and discredit JJJ's claim.

Or I guess they could just use some of Mysterio's hologram drones to do the same thing.

If he does leave the MCU and they keep his identity a major element of the next film then maybe Brock helps him out by posing as Spidey and throwing people off of Peter's trail.

There are definitely a number of interesting directions they could go.

Do some of you seriously trust Avi arad and Tom rothman to deliver a great sequel to far from home? Come on now. Let?s put biased aside for a second and think. Mcu wasn?t perfect by any means but the Hacks at Sony rebooted prematurely, delivered a forgettable franchise and universe. Sony is desperate for a hit and they definitely aren?t interested in making a good story with this character.

These idiots wouldn?t do spidey 4 so I have no idea why some would think they?d give us that.

Yes they gave us great movies but that was all raimi and his team and letting him do what he wants. Sony is almost as bad as WB

Since we know Strange is making the multiverse official they've already got an easy way of bringing in a second Spider-Man that could appear in the same place as current Peter and discredit JJJ's claim.

Or I guess they could just use some of Mysterio's hologram drones to do the same thing.

If he does leave the MCU and they keep his identity a major element of the next film then maybe Brock helps him out by posing as Spidey and throwing people off of Peter's trail.

There are definitely a number of interesting directions they could go.

I'm sure the original Feige/MCU plan was to simply have a Skrull impersonate Peter while with Spider-Man or Vice-a-versa. Hence the end credit scene showing Talos & his wife were impersonating Maria hill & Nick fury the whole time... Which obviously can't happen now.

Nor can your suggestion of Strange bringing in an alternate Peter from the multiverse. Sony will muck it up.

:lol

Hey, look, I wanted Sony to continue with Raimi and Maguire but they chickened out as soon as anyone started saying bad things about their movies. So this is my message to them now https://youtu.be/nGuVTw01vrM?t=94

That's why I want Spiderman to stay in the MCU. That said I do agree that Disney should ask Sony back to the table if they haven't already. Ball is in their court.

Yeah wasn't SM3 still the highest grossing Raimi film? And yet Sony turned tail and ran at the first sign of criticism. If Fox immediately recast Wolverine after X3 or Origins then we never would have gotten DOFP or Logan. Idiots.

All I know is, I think this whole thing could be a blessing disguise.

I loved Homecoming’s ending where Peter turns down Stark, the Avengers, and the Iron Spider suit,

It is very much in the spirit of Spider-Man. Then what happens in his next appearance? He is an Avenger, he is in the Iron Spider Suit and he isn’t “on the ground” anymore as a friendly neighborhood, he is up in space.

Now we’re finally at a point where Stark is gone, the Avengers aren’t the Avengers, we are past Thanos and all the weird cosmic **** and Spider-Man can distance himself from the larger picture and have a more focused story that deals with himself . . . and people are turned off by this? We saw Spider-Man interact with Iron Man and Captain America, and it was very, very good. But I don’t care about seeing him hang around Skrulls or Brie Larson or Doctor Strange or anything like that.

Sony desperately wanted to do a sinister six movie for the Garfield movies. Well, now they have their chance to do it and do it well. It is already set up. All they have to do is make sure the original Homecoming/Far From Home cast and crew return, write a good story and the good graces from those movies alone will make it be a success, with or without Disney’s involvement.

I agree with DiFabio?s breakdown 100% BUT why can?t we just let Marvel DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU?RE describing without the need to take him away from a roster of a hundred other characters for future team ups especially with DD and Punisher in the same city.

It seemed like Marvel was heading in that ?Stark-less? direction why not let them continue forward without the risk of mucking everything up like a-dev just said.

Hatred of Disney should not be the driving force behind these rash decisions especially one that involves Marvel finally having all of their flagship characters back except Spiderman....wut that?s crazy.

Hell let Marvel hire back Raimi i?m serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man can you imagine MCU Spidey facing D'Onofrio's Fisk? :thud:

Hell let Marvel hire back Raimi i?m serious.

Dude I'd freaking love to see Raimi make a Holland MCU flick with all of his wacky angles and zooms, lol. But didn't he want the Vulture for SM4? Just let him direct Holland and Keaton. Awesome idea jye. :rock

Well I?m not interested in anything Disney has to offer in terms of phase 4. I thought Endgame and Far From Home was a good way to wrap up the series.

If Sony made a third Tom Holland Spider-Man movie, I would have no problem with it as long as it seemed like the logical follow up and conclusion to Homecoming and Far From Home.

There is definitely a story to be crafted around Far From Homes ending with Spider-Mans identity being outed. It leads right into Homecomings ending with Vulture telling Scorprion he doesnt know who he is. Now all of New York knows. A sequel practically writes itself.

We dont need Happy Hogan or Shield or Nick Fury or Captain Marvel or any of that other garbage for a good sequel to Far From Home, especially now that most of the original Avengers are dead (Stark, Black Widow), retired (Rogers, Thor), or mistreated (Poor Hulk).

Have the third movie be about Spider-Man becoming his own man without the MCU. Now with Stark gone and Happy Hogan taking care of his daughter, you can actually have a non-Iron Man centered story for once.

All true but with Stark dead and the obligatory mourning period done the MCU was now primed to do this. I bet he would have even ditched the AI in the suit but that's just a guess.

Yeah wasn't SM3 still the highest grossing Raimi film? And yet Sony turned tail and ran at the first sign of criticism. If Fox immediately recast Wolverine after X3 or Origins then we never would have gotten DOFP or Logan. Idiots.

Yeah, it was a massive financial success and I think Raimi and Maguire were game for another, I could be wrong about the last point. But I can't understand why Sony's response to criticisms of Spiderman 3 (too many villains, weird emo-Peter scenes) was that they needed to reboot and do the origin story over again :dunno

All true but with Stark dead and the obligatory mourning period done the MCU was now primed to do this. I bet he would have even ditched the AI in the suit but that's just a guess.

Yeah, it was a massive financial success and I think Raimi and Maguire were game for another, I could be wrong about the last point. But I can't understand why Sony's response to criticisms of Spiderman 3 (too many villains, weird emo-Peter scenes) was that they needed to reboot and do the origin story over again :dunno

Yeah Maguire would?ve made a great 55 year old looking Spiderman in part 4 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One things for sure, Marvel getting the X-Men and Fantastic Four back while letting Spiderman slip through their fingers again is a :slap of epic proportions.

Who gives a **** about the Fantastic 4? Even as a kid, I thought just the idea of them were lame. What the hell a the point of someone like the Thing when you have the Incredible Hulk?

The X-Men were always the coolest team to me and it always made sense to have them in their own, isolated world where people fear and hate them instead of having them team up with literal superheroes. The X-Men and Fantastic 4 “acquisitions” mean nothing to me.

As for Spider-Man 4, Raimi and Maguire, yeah, Sony screwed the pooch with that one. It was a huge success and just a little criticsm made them turn their backs on it entirely. Very stupid. It is what it is though. I’d never want them to come back and make a Spider-Man 4. Only way I’d be interested in seeing Maguire return is if they did a multiverse with Maguire, Garfield and Holland in the same film, but Far From Home destroyed any chance of that by making the multiverse thing a hoax.

There are only two Spider-Man movies I’m interested in seeing. Spider-Man facing all the rogues gallery at once while being hunted by the police (ala the Sinister Six) or a multiverse movie that mashes the three interpretations of the character together. Other than that, there really isn’t much left to do. That’s why I’m surprised all these fan boys are getting all bitchy and uppity. They don’t realize how good they have had it. It’s only a matter of time before the well dries up. Just look at the line up for phase 4, it’s a ****ing snooze fest. **** those Disney+ shows of literal who superheroes.

Just look at the line up for phase 4, it’s a ****ing snooze fest. **** those Disney+ shows of literal who superheroes.

They're simply replacing too many characters at once. If only Tony had died in EG and we still had Evans Cap, Hero Thor, Banner Hulk and everyone welcoming a replacement for Stark that'd be one thing. Or if only Cap retired and they still had RDJ IM along with Falcon Cap. Or any other combination. But losing Cap, Tony, Thor (essentially), BW, and now possibly Spider-Man and replacing each and every one of them with obscure SJW replacements just eradicates any semblance that this is a true continuation of the MCU we've followed up until now.

And I'm totally cool with that. Contracts were expiring including the writers who stated that they wrote EG as the finale with no thought for how things might continue afterward. And it shows. Everything about EG points to it being the end of an era (and a franchise for many of us.)

Yeah of course I'll tune in for various entries from here on out but I'll never consider them to be part of the same narrative so no sweat off my back if they "screw anything up" from here on out, including my favorite Cap story from the comics (which they've already screwed up by introducing after Steve left and with a crappy John Walker.) Meh, whatever.

I think we'll see them work something out...or even possibly the inevitable Disney buys back Spider-man. Reportedly, they tried that in the past and Sony wanted some absurd amount.

Spider-man is Marvel's Mickey Mouse, just like Nintendo has Mario, DC has Superman/Batman, Microsoft has Master Chief (I guess?). He's their Flagship Character and they've invested a lot into him to just let this be the end. Reportedly, there's a Spider-man ride at the new "Avengers Land" in DisneyLand. A lot of investment has gone on for this.

Sony had a hit with Spider-verse, and an OK movie with Venom...both still made boatloads of money. They also have NOTHING without Spider-man. They don't have any other franchises to bank on so they're going to be desperate to hold onto it. Big question is...if they strike out on their own AGAIN...are they going to get nervous WITHOUT the MCU tag? I think this is just both companies jockeying around. Sony might hit some backlash with trying to do a MCU-less Holland Spidey unless they did some major pull to draw fans (like get Raimi back or maybe introduce Hardy's Venom ASAP)...and even if they DO make money, they always seem to think they screwed up. The only thing Sony Pictures is good at is typically making bad decisions.

I think in the next week or so once things cool down...we'll see something worked out.

Back