Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is so surprising that some of us dont like the shared universe concept, its has its merits namely team up movies, but I feel that it has a lot of negatives mainly that individual movies have to be subservient to the larger narrative and in some cases they turn in to advertising vehicles for the larger story line.and they have a predictable formula that Is becoming obvious . I dont like seeing teasers for future dates movies within the movie I am watching .

Right because I'm sure you totally hated it when Batman turned over that Joker card at the end of BB. :wink1:

Right because I'm sure you totally hated it when Batman turned over that Joker card at the end of BB. :wink1:

Yup and like I just explained to him (see above LOL) the individual MCU movies had 95% contained narrative with next movie advertisements done in seamless post credit scenes if even that some were just awesome like Cap trolling us lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's ironic that post credit teasers are coming up as a point of contention with Spider-Man since he's had two of the best post-credit scenes in all of superhero movies (Cap's troll and JJJ identity reveal.)

So technically it's not a post credit scene but it serves the same purpose. I dont mind post credit scenes as much as I dont like the idea of the over arching story line being injected into the current movie . So I know age of Ultron was particularly bad about it with the little side trip that thor and the dream sequence for both iron man and captain America have.

I also dont like the predictability of the story line because I know this all has to get wrapped up because he is in the next movie.

But I know its thr best way to make money but I think it could be done in a manner that's allows for more independence in their own movies.

I would have rather preferred that norman Osbourne be introduced in spiderman and he creates vulture, up until now in the MCU thr make no mention of Osbourne and he is the main villian with the best story line. Instead we have vulture who now is friendly with spiderman . Spidermand movies should have been building towards a sinister six.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly moose if Spidey in the MCU has been a let down for you and you're still wanting something from the character that SM1/2 didn't deliver then I hope you get it with whatever arrangement Sony has going forward. Even as someone who loves the Infinity Saga I don't disagree with all of your points in fact that criticism about all of Spidey's villains being disgruntled ex-Stark employees is one that we all pretty much have a laugh about because it's true.

At least with as commonplace as that particular trope has become we still had powerhouses like Keaton and Gyllenhaal delivering great performances and it did add some semblance of why all these high tech villains are popping up beyond just blind coincidence. Tying them to Stark and the Chitauri does give an organic through-line to the technology creep in the MCU.

I honestly can?t believe how anyone can trust Sony. The idiot who ruined Spider-Man 3 and made the character almost irrelevant and another moron who thought Deadpool was not going to sell. Yea what an amazing team.

Hopefully we get that hard r universe snikt wanted so bad.

Yeah it's ironic that post credit teasers are coming up as a point of contention with Spider-Man since he's had two of the best post-credit scenes in all of superhero movies (Cap's troll and JJJ identity reveal.)

Wow that?s such a great point love it.

Why I love the IS as is.

This is why my feelings right now is this, wake me up when:

Spiderman is interacting with Daredevil and Punisher in NYC

Cyclops is actually a leader

Wolverine is throwing down with Hulk and a proper Sabertooth and Juggernaut

BP is banging Storm

Don?t wake me up for the next big level threat it will NEVER be bigger than Thanos wiping out the universe.

Until then bye bye MCU thank you for a super incredible 11 years and congrats on your truly historic achievements glad I was around for that.

Last edited:
Here's my long and boring two cents on the situation after talking to some friends about it.. Skip if you don't want/care about my opinion, a 30+ year comic book fan (started in mid 80's in Jr High School) reader/collector and Spidey fan. Spider-Man always was/will be in my top 5 favorite super heroes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hope you enjoyed... :)

:lol

Here's my long and boring two cents on the situation after talking to some friends about it.. Skip if you don't want/care about my opinion, a 30+ year comic book fan (started in mid 80's in Jr High School) reader/collector and Spidey fan. Spider-Man always was/will be in my top 5 favorite super heroes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great post loki. :clap:

A few things:

1. I skipped Venom in the theater because of the "Spidey-less Spiderverse" and stupid crap like "rolling down the street like a turd in the wind" but honestly when I caught it at home Hardy really is quite likable in the role and it feels like a fun throwback movie to the early 2000's. However I have no idea how he can ever be a big villain for Spidey now because the new Eddie Brock really is a good guy at this point.

2. I disagree that the initial deal with Sony over SM was a bad deal by Disney. Maybe it gave the character a resurgence that will make it harder to pull him away from Sony permanently in the long run but if ever there was a time to make a deal and play ball it was during the height of the Infinity Saga. I'd *much* rather forever have Spidey interacting with Evans Cap and RDJ IM on screen over Disney biding their time and pulling Spidey from Sony's ashes beginning with Phase Five or later. The MCU will never be what it has been up to now and I'll be forever grateful that a great incarnation of Spider-Man will always be a part of that.

His "death" was the best in the MCU and he got to be present for "Avengers Assemble." That's a party that you *don't* want to miss. :D :rock

I guess I still don't totally get why a lifelong Spider-Man would really care where they go from here. As a lifelong Cap fan I'm totally fine if they retire Steve Rogers forever at this point. I mean you don't get a more epic sign off than EG's final battle, Peggy dance, and Evans scribbling his name across the screen in tribute to the character, lol. The only thing he didn't do was drop a literal mic and then salute the audience or something, lol.

And this is coming from a Cap fan who *didn't* get to see my favorite comic moments (Cap No More/John Walker/Serpent Society) brought to life on screen. Nah I'm fine with just leaving those stories in the pages of the comics and enjoying what we got in the IS. Technically aspects of those stories did appear on screen in various forms anyway so I'm good.

And while I'm not as big a Spidey fan as I am for Cap I've still followed and enjoyed the character since the 70's and would love to see Tom Holland face Kraven in the MCU but again, if it's all downhill after SMFFH then that'll be fine too.

Thought this was an interesting read:

'Spider-Man' Divorce and the Ugly ...r-man-divorce-ugly-side-disney-fandom-1233849

I?m still surprised at the drama this has unleashed. I find it a bit naive, and more than a little biased, that people think one Studio can do no wrong and the other can do no good. For the record, I loved SM 1 and 2, hated 3, liked ASM 1 and hated 2. I haven?t seen Into the Spiderverse, but I?ve only heard good things about it.
As for the MCU, it was a great ride. I?m not the biggest fan, but most of the movies were lots of fun, if ultimately forgettable. At any rate, this is a great opportunity to see Spiderman?s Universe develop. I guess Venom 2 and Morbius will give us a good idea of what to expect going forward.
If fans can get over their bias against Sony.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hopefully we never have to worry about Disney buying Sony outright. If they do then I have no doubt that they'd bury SM1 forever on account of Peter's line to Macho Man "Nice outfit, did your husband buy that for you?" Using homosexuality as an insult would surpass Song of the South levels of political incorrectness today, lol.

I can?t believe i?m actually here arguing with fellow geeks on why Spiderman belongs home at Marvel and NOT at some Japanese corporation known for making TV?s!

Look all corporations are about making a profit why is Disney being demonized over the other studios why are they being singled out for being successful isn?t that everyones goal in life!

What?s next ExxonMobil buys the rights to Batman lol

I mean holy crap this is not rocket science!

Peanut Butter goes with Jelly

Batman goes with DC

a-dev goes with Terminator

Snikt goes with Vampires

Oscorp goes with angry forbidden sex in view of hot toys

Hulk goes with humiliation

AND YES SPIDERMAN GOES WITH MARVEL for crying out loud why is this even being contested :slap

Sorry that Disney bought Marvel.

2 Raimi movies and a mediocre cartoon is not enough justification to take Spiderman AWAY FROM Marvel!

I guess Sony should?ve bought Marvel before Disney did BUT THEY DIDN?T so now deal with it Disney owns Marvel!

Okay, so in one comment you argue that corporations need to make profit and shouldn't be demonized for it (hence why Sony made a sound business decision telling Disney to piss off when Disney wanted Sony to share more profit), then in the next comment you say Spider-Man has to stay with Marvel because he belongs there, corporate contracts be damned.
I don't think many understand how desperate Marvel was for money back in the late 90's, they made the deals they have/had with Sony, Universal, and Fox because it was the 11th hour and if Marvel couldn't make these deals they'd have to close their doors and sell off their characters entirely, Spider-Man could've wound up at Warner Bros' DC Comics yes, that was a very real possibility. So Marvel sold their soul to the devil and now Sony can tell Disney to piss off, they own the movie/TV show rights to the character. Don't take it personal, it's just business.

Last edited:
What is so surprising that some of us dont like the shared universe concept, its has its merits namely team up movies, but I feel that it has a lot of negatives mainly that individual movies have to be subservient to the larger narrative and in some cases they turn in to advertising vehicles for the larger story line.and they have a predictable formula that Is becoming obvious . I dont like seeing teasers for future dates movies within the movie I am watching .

Marvels movies feel structured like TV shows with stories stretched across multiple movies . I like movies to have a defined beginning, middle and end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's my one complaint with the MCU movies, Cap had one for himself CA: TFA, and all the others felt like extensions to the Avengers storyline. He needed a couple of stand alone movies. I would've liked to have seen him first face off against Taskmaster and had a proper story with Crossbones.

Great post loki. :clap:

A few things:

2. I disagree that the initial deal with Sony over SM was a bad deal by Disney. Maybe it gave the character a resurgence that will make it harder to pull him away from Sony permanently in the long run but if ever there was a time to make a deal and play ball it was during the height of the Infinity Saga. I'd *much* rather forever have Spidey interacting with Evans Cap and RDJ IM on screen over Disney biding their time and pulling Spidey from Sony's ashes beginning with Phase Five or later. The MCU will never be what it has been up to now and I'll be forever grateful that a great incarnation of Spider-Man will always be a part of that.

His "death" was the best in the MCU and he got to be present for "Avengers Assemble." That's a party that you *don't* want to miss. :D :rock

I guess I still don't totally get why a lifelong Spider-Man would really care where they go from here.

Don't get me wrong. I truly enjoyed the MCU's Tom Holland Spidey. And am happy and grateful to have seen him in CW, IW & EG. And also agree he was one of the best things in IW & EG and definitely had some of the most emotional impact on the events in those movies. But I'm not sure by ever having him not be a part of those movies would've ruined them in any way also. He certainly felt shoe horned into CW, entertaining as he was. I feel it's more owed to Tom Holland's portrayal of a young Peter than how it was written in. I still have faith that all 3 of those movies would've been just as spectacular without Spider-Man.

But I wasn't totally sold on his solo movies. Being a teenage Parker was a nice new take, but I way prefer an adult and more mature Peter Parker/Spider-Man. He wasn't a young teenager all that long in the comics. He graduated from Midtown High in The Amazing Spider-Man #28 (1963). And I still prefer the original 2 Raimi films over his 2 stand alone MCU films.

And I can live with no more Spidey in the MCU. Hell, I'm even content with walking away after EG. I don't even feel we needed Far From Home for closure. I'm not really sold/enthused about what they've announced going into Phase 4. I'm 1st and foremost a Thor fan (being my #1) and was torn on what they did to him in EG (as well as previously destroying Mjolnir, but a necessary plot point for IW to create Stormbreaker (ugh to the name, should've been Jarnbjorn) and the comedic turn the character took in Ragnarok. But Ragnarok had more awesome moments than cringe worthy moments for me.) It was fun, but also kinda ruined the character. Similar to what they did to the Hulk (also in my Marvel top 5). The statements that his arm will never heal after the events in EG is total BS.. He has regenerative powers just like Wolverine. I am not looking forward to Thor 4, but I may change my tune once we get some more info.

Not even sure I'm too excited about the Disney+ stuff. I'm more looking forward to Marvel bringing the FF into the MCU, and later the X-Men, and to how they will do it as to anything they've announced so far.

** Forget to mention I still have yet to see ASM2 either. For me ASM was so bad, I refused to support Sony and watch ASM2. Just like Venom. Being a Spider-Man fan doesn't mean I have to see/support everything, both good and bad. If Sony/Disney do split and Sony goes ahead and does their own thing, most likely I will NOT be in the audience out of sheer principle.

I'm more looking forward to Marvel bringing the FF into the MCU, and later the X-Men, and to how they will do it as to anything they've announced so far.

And that, alone, is enough for me to continue on this journey!
I'm not as down on the potential of Phase 4 as others, and I'm really looking forward to the Disney+ stuff, but the eventual introduction and subsequent build of the FF and X-Men is what I'm really looking forward to.

Thought this was an interesting read:

'Spider-Man' Divorce and the Ugly ...r-man-divorce-ugly-side-disney-fandom-1233849

I?m still surprised at the drama this has unleashed. I find it a bit naive, and more than a little biased, that people think one Studio can do no wrong and the other can do no good. For the record, I loved SM 1 and 2, hated 3, liked ASM 1 and hated 2. I haven?t seen Into the Spiderverse, but I?ve only heard good things about it.
As for the MCU, it was a great ride. I?m not the biggest fan, but most of the movies were lots of fun, if ultimately forgettable. At any rate, this is a great opportunity to see Spiderman?s Universe develop. I guess Venom 2 and Morbius will give us a good idea of what to expect going forward.
If fans can get over their bias against Sony.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Forgettable?

IW/EG were watched like fans watch sports events and concerts!

MCU penetrated culture as deep as SW!

Hopefully we never have to worry about Disney buying Sony outright. If they do then I have no doubt that they'd bury SM1 forever on account of Peter's line to Macho Man "Nice outfit, did your husband buy that for you?" Using homosexuality as an insult would surpass Song of the South levels of political incorrectness today, lol.

I always loved that line lol

Okay, so in one comment you argue that corporations need to make profit and shouldn't be demonized for it (hence why Sony made a sound business decision telling Disney to piss off when Disney wanted Sony to share more profit), then in the next comment you say Spider-Man has to stay with Marvel because he belongs there, corporate contracts be damned.
I don't think many understand how desperate Marvel was for money back in the late 90's, they made the deals they have/had with Sony, Universal, and Fox because it was the 11th hour and if Marvel couldn't make these deals they'd have to close their doors and sell off their characters entirely, Spider-Man could've wound up at Warner Bros' DC Comics yes, that was a very real possibility. So Marvel sold their soul to the devil and now Sony can tell Disney to piss off, they own the movie/TV show rights to the character. Don't take it personal, it's just business.

meh I hope Disney buys Sony just for Spiderman lol

Tom Holland is trash he's Spider-Beta not Spider-MAN

Why do you think the game did so well besides the mechanics? Cause Peter was older, the whole Teen thing has to be put away. We need to See Spider-MAN now, lots of movies with an older PP.

Plus the PC of it all. MJ not a red head, brown skin Flash? I mean stay true to the source and Disney will never do that.

Bring on something new.

Back