SPECTRE - Bond 24

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bond 24 - Title TBD

As long as it's not called "Operation Switch Hitter" I'll be ok with it

Entire Skyfall team is back for this with the exception of cinematography director.

A real shame. I normally don't praise cinematography in films but I thought Skyfall looked amazing.

Word on Christoph Waltz's role...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Blofeld is going to feel meh as hell.

It was amazing in the Connery era because he was omni-present throughout every film except Goldfinger.

Dr.No was working for him. He is heard but not seen in FRWL. Same with Thunderball. Then finally revealed in YOLT.

Simply throwing him out there all at once by comparison is going to be quite lame. Shame because Craig's Bond has had no memorable villains imo. And they finally got back to the older formula with Skyfall trying to have a campy villain and bring back Q but both were incredibly underwhelming.

Blofeld is going to feel meh as hell.

It was amazing in the Connery era because he was omni-present throughout every film except Goldfinger.

Dr.No was working for him. He is heard but not seen in FRWL. Same with Thunderball. Then finally revealed in YOLT.

Simply throwing him out there all at once by comparison is going to be quite lame. Shame because Craig's Bond has had no memorable villains imo. And they finally got back to the older formula with Skyfall trying to have a campy villain and bring back Q but both were incredibly underwhelming.

I have a feeling that if they were to bring Blofeld into this, it wouldn't be a one-time thing. I could easily see him pulling off one of his classic escapes, and reappearing later down the line. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if his presence was merely a setup for a showdown with him in Bond 25 (a good way for Craig to finish if he doesn't re-contract).

I love the idea of bringing Blofield back. Bond needs a great behind-the-scenes villain again--why not go with the original? Hope they tease it a little over several movies and don't just have him be the main villain once.

I could see Quantum being an arm of a modern SPECTRE. I think Bond vs. a shadow government is even more relevant today than it was in the 60's.

I always believed that the Bond universe needs SPECTRE to exist and a figurehead along with it like Blofeld. I mean there can only be so much an unaffiliated villain can do without the resources of a World wide criminal organization.

Back