SPECTRE - Bond 24

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Moore was on my local news lately praising Craig, he called him the best bond.

I'm gonna have to give Daltons films a whirl this weekend, I've seen them many many years ago, so I don't really remember anything about them. I'm liking the talk of how they are a colder bond. I'm intrigued.

Those films kind of are what they are. Yes he's colder, but it was such a 180 from the last 7 Bond movies that I don't think that's what people wanted at the time. That and Licence to Kill being PG-13 (back when that meant something) kept the Dalton films at arm's length for most people. They're not awful, but I'm not a big fan either.

I'm gonna have to give Daltons films a whirl this weekend, I've seen them many many years ago, so I don't really remember anything about them. I'm liking the talk of how they are a colder bond. I'm intrigued.

Licence to Kill has the best 18 wheeler stunts of any film, ever. And it's the only Bond film where I almost feel bad for some of the bad guys, their deaths are just brutal.

He was ruthless as Bond.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Saw it again yesterday. I still prefer it to Skyfall but I actually liked it less the second time around. The sex-scenes seemed too forced and didn't feel right and the ending was very anti-climactic. DC is still a great Bond but if he leaves I won't be upset. He had a good run but time for another Bond...maybe even a black Bond. I can already see the blacklash...err I mean backlash.:lol

I've been watching all of them again and I think I prefer this one overall to skyfall as well. I love all of them aside from quantum.

But about the forced relationships aspect: after rewatching CR I don't see how people didn't think that relationship felt rushed or forced. The chemistry on the train was great but then after that everything was so rushed to me they hammered us with it.

The whole licking of the fingers in the shower after she says it's like there's blood on my hands. Wow...

They became soul mates that had absolute trust with their lives and careers in like 25 minutes.

I really don't think any film has had a smooth and organic relationship. Just a messy plot device to make Bond act foolish at times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Spectre: 3/10

I will see this again once it comes out on Blu, but I felt this was by far the weakest of all Craig films, and in the top 5 of weakest Bond films overall. The action was mediocre with nothing original, the story was not exciting, Belucci was wasted, Waltz was nothing really, Bautista was just a big guy, the homages seemed forced, the car chase had not excitement or originality, the film was just not fun...I could go on. People are saying Craig's acting was phoned in, but I think he did fine. Problem was, he wasn't given much to work with.

Probably the only thing I really really liked was the music in this one (but didn't like the credit song though).

While I had hoped that Blofeld would've been handled better, for me this is definately not weak entry of the Bond series.

Last edited:
Back