sovereign studio 1:6 'CROW' run?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first episode was a more family friendly version of the first movie. The tv show was never like the comic graphic novel. The graphic novel was really only meant to be a one time thing. One story with a clear beginning and end, but like all successful things it made money and the enevitable sequels came along. The Television show had more in common with the incredible Hulk tv show after the first episode than anything else. Bad guys come into town picking on the innocent, and by the end of the episode Mark Decasos turned into the Crow to dispatch them, pretty much the plot of every episode after the pilot

Eddie Furlong...the Pecker...as the Crow???:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
yeah i couldnt believe it either. i just found that movie at amazon the other day when i was looking for the crow on dvd to replace mine. i never even knew there was a 3rd and 4th movie. why would furlong play this part? he looks like a memeber of CoF.:lol he played this part but he couldnt reprise his role as john connor in T3?:dunno

i would probably rank crow wicked prayer as one of the WORST films i have EVER seen. eddie "pecker furlong" looked like a fat drag queen. tara reid looked drunk. and dennis hopper? i always had a suspicion he really was a terrible actor and this film confirmed it.

and for anyone who hasn't read the crow novel - i really would recommend it. it's a work of art. and when you consider the emotion and pain that went into creating it, it gives it even more impact. possibly the most moving graphic novel i've ever read.

what about the crow tv series? wasnt that supposed to follow the comic book more closely? anybody watch that?

Lol no you can't get any further from the comic book than that show!

Not to mention that i find it totally disrespectful to recast someone to play Eric Draven. That character (on film) belongs to the memory of Brandon Lee.

And yes the original graphic novel is a timeless masterpiece. James mentioned something about an authors edition years ago but it still hasn't been released. It contains unpublished material. Also including stuff that's in the film but not in the present graphic novel we have today. More things about Albrecht etc...wich were edited out of the comic. So originally the comic would have been more like the film, sounds very interesting to me.

Last edited:
I thought I already had The Crow on DVD but evidently I don't. I'm looking at Amazon and they've got the Miramax/Dimension edition for $14.99 that's supposed to have lots of extras on it. Anybody got this edition; if so, does it have some of the deleted scenes on it?

Payment coming in 5 days for The Crow!! :banana

I thought I already had The Crow on DVD but evidently I don't. I'm looking at Amazon and they've got the Miramax/Dimension edition for $14.99 that's supposed to have lots of extras on it. Anybody got this edition; if so, does it have some of the deleted scenes on it?

Payment coming in 5 days for The Crow!! :banana

it does indeed have a lot of deleted scenes on there.

got him today. excellent figure!! i got no pics but there are plenty on here already. the new crow is outstanding!! and huge!! wingspan is a little over 3 inches and the feather detail is ^^^^ing insane!! im trying to work the figure's hair a little cuz its kinda flat from being wrapped up for shipping. the coat is wonderful. waaaay better than SS spike's coat which was too baggy. this one really hangs well and has lots of wrinkles and "bunching" in all the right places. plus there is some cool strap thingy hanging on the back. overall im more than pleased with him. thank you for putting your time into this shawn. if anybody wants more info on my opinions of the figure let me know.

Sorry to be absent from the thread, guys. Got so many things going on with all the work I'm doing for the board, it's hard to keep up with at times.

I'll have about three Crows going out late next week. I'm tying up the Batmans now. Trying to make that damn rubber bodysuit really set me back with those!:mad:

So, it's up-to-my-butt in Batman this week, then neck-deep in Crows next week!:banana

Can't wait to get mine! Just got my Crow dvd in the mail today, so I'll set up my figure on top of the tv while I watch the movie. :D

Really cool news!!

Sorry I'm behind on the ship date for this batch, but it's for a good reason. I found some really awesome vinyl for the coats! Nice finish, nice grain and it's actually THINNER than the synthetic material I was using to make my own faux leather. This is a really rare find, as far as upholstry vinyl goes. I bought about ten yards of it, too :chew

I've got the boots and hands coming in over the next couple days, and I'm working on heads right now. Hope you guys like the pics.

crowcoat6.jpg

crowcoat5.jpg

crowcoat3.jpg

crowcoat2.jpg

crowcoat1.jpg

Back