Sovereign Scarecrow kit: Order thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sovereign Scarecrow kit: preview

Embarrased to post this, but it shows exactly how those brown straps work from the sleeve:

18794.jpg

Very nice preview, Shawn... very nice.

I also agree that the zipper should be concealed by stormflap.

Questions:

1) Will the restraint straps have the holes/ringlets in the belts with buckles?

2) Are you going to add the two large brown straps connected to his sleeves (the ones crossed on his chest over his shoulders)? **

3) Will the straitjacket be baggy enough to put over a Dragon/HT figure while wearing shirt, tie and jacket underneath?

4) Will the sculpt include the Scarecrow's signature noose around his neck?

** Here's pics of the brown straps on the outfit (I PD'd arrows because they're hard to see, that's why they're often missed):

scarecrowstrap2.jpg

scarecrowstrap1.jpg

Scarecrow looks great!! :clap

Like others have already said, the zipper should be hidden but outsides that I love it.

How do I sign up for the kit?

Regarding the movie and the terminology: on what planet is that long ass "coat" considered a "strait jacket"!? When I saw BB I thought Scarecrow was wearing like a cowboy duster/trenchcoat. Then I see everyone on here saying it's a ripped up strait jacket. Ok.. from the reference pics I can see it is.. but HOW exactly is it a strait jacket? What strait jacket do you know of that can suddenly become a full length coat with some ripping!? lmao..

Anyways.. I'm liking this figure design fellaz. I'm just curious to see the finished result on the mask, since it's sculpted. I like the other custom on here that actually used burlap (sp!?) for the mask. So I'm curious..

OK, concealed zipper it is! I agree 100% with you guys, and have argued for years that a full-scale zipper should not be used on a 1:6 figure. But in this case, it just looked so damn cool and intimidating :lol

The pattern I did is tailored pretty close to the body, as straight jackets are. A loose-fitting straight jacket kinda defeats the whole purpose of a straigth jacket. You don't normally wear a three-piece suit, when you're incarcerated in an asylum :duh I think the actual coat is only ripped to the crotch, maybe a bit higher. I don't think it's ripped all the way to the chest. That shot on the horse, it looks like the stuntman pulled it up quite a bit so he could sit, like you would do with a dress. I think it would look weird with a full set of clothes under it. That shot on the horse looks ridiculous. At any rate, I'll probably make it baggier from the waist down just to get those cool folds.

It won't have the eyelets in the straps. I've done that before and it's incredibly labor intensive and takes forever to do. It would add to the production time and the cost, both of which I'm trying to avoid here. I'm aiming for kick-ass to look at, but easy to make and to afford.

I WILL add the leather straps, though, now that we can see how they factor in. Pjam and I could not tell why they were there, or what they were attached to. The more crap he has hanging off of him, the more bad-ass he'll look.

Devil666, I think it's just stylized for the sake for coolness. No, straight jackets typically do not restrain the entire body. But that's what movies do: observe reality, factor it in, then kick it in the butt!

Great update, Shawn!

Yes indeed, the brown straps were part of the outfit and used in the film (Arkham Scene). I'll try to get a screen grab from Dekdave but he only has the blu ray so I don't know if it's possible with his software. Maybe someone else can post that screen shot.

Shawn: I found this in my bag of goodies. I think it's a Highlander Connor belt, but it has the ringlets and all and might be a good mold piece to work from although it may be a tad short in length and maybe not the right width. If you want me to send it your way, LMK. :D

asc.jpg

Devil: This was a FULL body Straightjacket... all the straps were ripped loose so it does have that trenchcoat effect. I'm sure they employed the design for cinematic effect. The mattel figure also kept pretty faithful to this design with their figure...

Here is a shot of it... Pic by Buttmunch.

dsc00350fj1.jpg

Anyway, nice to hear things are progressing well on this project. Shawn, Wor-Gar and I have been pushing it for months, ever since Shawn came up with his terrific Cillian sculpt in the Customs thread.

This will be a very cool piece to have. HT Batman with his Villains: Joker, Two Face and this Scarecrow will look pretty bad ass on your shelf. :blackbat

Last edited:

I'm VERY interested in this kit, will buy for sure.
Keep us updated
(the Zipper looks great to me, it makes it look more scarecrow like.

Yeah just seemed weird and I figured it was done strictly for the movie etc. Looks cool though.. so I guess it worked. lol.

Yeah.. when you figure out a price range speak on it. I'm interested.. but broke. :(

I'm VERY interested in this kit, will buy for sure.
Keep us updated
(the Zipper looks great to me, it makes it look more scarecrow like.

I want one too, and sent you a PM.
Thanks,
Rob

Eager to see how the Mask tweaks came out... earlier "draft" sculpts resulted in my geek slap fest with Shawn. :lol But he has all the feedback and ref material he needs now.

What I wanted was simply as close to possible a "Nolan" mask match. :D Correct eyehole shape, "scar" stitching lines in the right place, splayed left side, "W" shaped mouth stitching, discernable burlap texturing, etc. We also talked about the droopy lower mouth look and worked on the neck a bit too...

As far as the jacket rip, I think Shawn's take is fine -- mid-crotch. This way if anyone wants to cut it higher, that is something you can do. Better to have a lower rip to start with than a higher one.

These WIP projects are just that, WIP, and every pass Shawn makes on this is vastly improved so I have no doubt the final results will be nothing less than kick ass. :blackbat

Last edited:

woah, niiice. :)

how much will the final product cost?

Just put me in the list...

//edit: but it also depends really on the price... so let us know

Last edited:

I don't know how I missed this thread! Looks great so far Sean. If you need any more pics of Mattel's Scarecrow outfit, just ask. I'd be more than happy to help.

Put me on the list! I want one!!! :rock

Talked to Shawn today, the mask sculpt was pulled from the cast today. He needs to clean it up, then put it all together, along with the changes to the jacket (as he noted, including adding brown restraint straps) -- much to do there so be patient Guys.

We should see pics of the completed Figure sometime this week hopefully. It all depends as Shawn is a one man show and he's working on a number of projects...

Anyway, once it is ready, expect to see a new Sovereign Scarecrow Kit Order thread. I don't know the price on this yet, but I'm sure it will be reasonable...

Those who already requested a kit will be honored first in the order your requests were posted. :D :blackbat

Last edited:

Put me down for a kit tentively. It really depends on the price.

Yes, of course, I hear ya Guys.

Most of us will need to get a body, wristwatch, shoes/boots and a business suit for those who want to do a Dr Crane/SC too. If you just want a Straightjacket Figure to pose, you probably won't need a suit jacket... you may only need pants and boots...

"The Bat Man" Crane suit: Grey suit, white shirt (wide pinstripes if possible) blue tie...

Falconi gassing Suit: Grey/Dark Blue Suit. Matching V neck sweater, shirt, shoes...

Shoes: Newline combat boots...

I may even get a horse for display purposes... I know.. a little overboard but I love that look...

P, you're really into this -- you even upgraded your avatar. :)

The suit he wore in connection with the straitjacket was the gray suit with blue tie (what he wears under the straitjacket).

Not sure where he got the paratrooper boots from -- Arkham issue?

Back