Sonar for DX12 & Grenades for DX11 ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man the are tripping $ 150 for both the backpack and sonar head shipped that's a whole figure.

Correct me if I am wrong has Hot Toys not teased that they might rerelease a Batman Dark Knight version and I am assuming they would include with it a Sonar head and backpack I could have sworn the CEO , Howard Chan, had mentioned something like that in an interview.

In any case I sure with the popularity of this figure and Batman in general, Have you seen the stuff coming out of New York Toy Fair just for Batman alone, a modified rerelease for the Dark Knight will be come out the figure makes money and the investment in the new suit design will warrant a new release considering all they need to do was change out some things similar to Iron Man repaints.

Man the are tripping $ 150 for both the backpack and sonar head shipped that's a whole figure.

Correct me if I am wrong has Hot Toys not teased that they might rerelease a Batman Dark Knight version and I am assuming they would include with it a Sonar head and backpack I could have sworn the CEO , Howard Chan, had mentioned something like that in an interview.

In any case I sure with the popularity of this figure and Batman in general, Have you seen the stuff coming out of New York Toy Fair just for Batman alone, a modified rerelease for the Dark Knight will be come out the figure makes money and the investment in the new suit design will warrant a new release considering all they need to do was change out some things similar to Iron Man repaints.
The 1/4th Scale The Dark Knight Rises Batman figure coming out will have the sonar head and the backpack. I don't believe they're doing another 1/6th version though.

Honestly that kind of gripes me a bit that Hot Toys didn't include all that with the 1/6th version and make it a more all encompassing figure instead of only doing it for the 1/4th version. It's not like the DX02 is readily available anymore so people will buy another. Unless they do plan to release a new figure which would be kind of pointless seeing as The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises suits are basically the same.

In hand they are both great. The Sonar head lights up really well in the dark. the back pack and sonar head have a slightly textured feel to them because the finish is a matte finish rather than glossy. Overall pretty good. The batteries are replacable in the head and the DX12 faceplates fit perfectly and the magnet is as strong as the regular DX12 head. Still pricey but I missed out on the DX02 Batman.

How did you get the sonar head to sit so nicely on the dx12? I have one lying around, but the neck post wobbles like crazy on the dx12

The 1/4th Scale The Dark Knight Rises Batman figure coming out will have the sonar head and the backpack. I don't believe they're doing another 1/6th version though.

Honestly that kind of gripes me a bit that Hot Toys didn't include all that with the 1/6th version and make it a more all encompassing figure instead of only doing it for the 1/4th version. It's not like the DX02 is readily available anymore so people will buy another. Unless they do plan to release a new figure which would be kind of pointless seeing as The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises suits are basically the same.

That's what leads me to believe they will have a rerelease of the this figure only with the Sonar and backpack as the are now on their 3 batch of the figure the thing keeps getting sold out and they see a cash cow so my not milk it.

The new suit design is even more labor intensive then the DX02 as it is a mesh suit with rubber armor glued on unlike so its quite and investment this thing is already selling for $300 plus on Ebay so why not rerelease with a few adjustments.

They turned out nice. Still to steep for me. Not for a recast. I still find it odd that they didn't include the back pack since they felt the need to include the sticky bomb gun.

How did you get the sonar head to sit so nicely on the dx12? I have one lying around, but the neck post wobbles like crazy on the dx12

It's a custom sonar head, not the one that came with the DX02. Notice the ears are shorter and closer to the correct length.

IMG_2453_zps7fc29e35.jpg

IMG_9314_zps8547da0a.jpg

That looks great to me, way better than DX02 sonar. hmmmm

The sonar head is a modified DX12 head I bought from Toyz Studio on facebook. It has no issues fitting the neck post and the face plates slide right in. The eyes are very bright but I can't say if they are stronger than the DX02 since I have never seen the sonar head from it.

They turned out nice. Still to steep for me. Not for a recast. I still find it odd that they didn't include the back pack since they felt the need to include the sticky bomb gun.[/QUOTE

I fully agree with you on that. I got my tax return and that's the only way I could do it. I was a little skepticle of the quality before I got both the pack and head in hand. I really hope my pictures help people see the quality. I don't have a camera so I used my iphone. Overall I am really happy with the purchase since they are made to match the DX12. And they take paypal. I got them about 4 days after payment so it was a quick turnaround from Hong Kong.

Both the pack and the sonar head are expensive. Backpack can be upwards of $160.00 and the sonar head $120 or more with the light up neck post.

Your welcome. I was surprised they even included the sticky bomb gun too since it wasn't in dark knight rises. I am glad they did though.

Your welcome. I was surprised they even included the sticky bomb gun too since it wasn't in dark knight rises. I am glad they did though.

It's really nice they included this again, that's true and they even improved the "bronze" finish. Wasn't there a scene in TDKR with the sticky bomb gun?! :dunno

It's really nice they included this again, that's true and they even improved the "bronze" finish. Wasn't there a scene in TDKR with the sticky bomb gun?! :dunno

Not sure. At the most it was in the armory or something else in the bat-bunker scene, like the backpack. But he definitely never used it in TDKR.

Not sure. At the most it was in the armory or something else in the bat-bunker scene, like the backpack. But he definitely never used it in TDKR.

Since you're such a huge Batman movie buff, like myself, have you ever seen full pictures of the housing department for the Bat suit from TDK and RISES?

Next to the suit he has all these other weapons. And one has always fascinated me, and I'm upset they never used in the movies. He has this long extended what look to be bronze (bat-belt colored) nunchucks. It would've been cool to see Batman bust those out.

Especially given all the ninja, martial arts background we're given in Batman Begins. It would have made a lot of sense.

^ Thanks for the compliment. By "housing department" photos do you mean the behind-the-scenes stuff on the blu-rays and in the making of books? Or are you talking the weapons that we see in his armory? I rarely freeze-frame that stuff, but I have seen the nunchucks and darts and other weapons there. I understand the frustration that we don't see it all used on screen within the story, but at the same time I kind of like it. It kind of establishes his world a little further to have stuff casually shown in the background without highlighting it in a specific scene. We can believe he could have had a few adventures...off camera...where he did use those weapons.

The same could be said about the throwing stars that were made for the Keaton films...stored in the vault, but never used by Batman in any scene.

Back