Sonar for DX12 & Grenades for DX11 ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vortex, thanks for the pics. Can you post a pic of what the inside of the Sonar head looks like?

BOBBY

IMG_2453_zps7fc29e35.jpg

IMG_9314_zps8547da0a.jpg

That looks great to me, way better than DX02 sonar. hmmmm

Since you're such a huge Batman movie buff, like myself, have you ever seen full pictures of the housing department for the Bat suit from TDK and RISES?

Next to the suit he has all these other weapons. And one has always fascinated me, and I'm upset they never used in the movies. He has this long extended what look to be bronze (bat-belt colored) nunchucks. It would've been cool to see Batman bust those out.

Especially given all the ninja, martial arts background we're given in Batman Begins. It would have made a lot of sense.

I don't see Batman using nun-chucks. It would look weird.

Here's a picture of the dx12 sonar from underneath. It has a switch to turn on the eyes next to the 2 batteries. Need tweezers to change the batterries out.
IMG_0777_zps801de991.jpg
[/IMG]

I have a set currently on their way to me. Very much looking forward to getting mine. Actually bought a second DX12 to showcase these.

Your welcome. I think the set came out really well and even though they are expensive I like the fact that you don't have to mod the head to fit. Overall I am happy with the purchase.

I received mine today, and they look fantastic. It's a great set, and fit on the DX12 perfectly. A sonar head, backpack, and second DX12 for less than the DX02? Yes, please.

pics pleazze? :wave

Here you go. Brought this Bats into my lightbox tonight. Everything is stock DX12, save for the cowl and backpack (the mouthpiece is also from the DX12).

Bat1_zpsd37403df.jpg

Bat2_zpse4a90264.jpg

Bat3_zpsadfdd0c4.jpg

Bat4_zps66f7d32f.jpg

And with my other DX 12
Bat6_zpsb983b93d.jpg

This set is a bit pricey, but if you don't own a DX02, it's well worth it. The eyes are nice and bright, and it looks stunning on the DX12 body.

Here you go. Brought this Bats into my lightbox tonight. Everything is stock DX12, save for the cowl and backpack (the mouthpiece is also from the DX12).

Bat1_zpsd37403df.jpg

Bat2_zpse4a90264.jpg

Bat3_zpsadfdd0c4.jpg

Bat4_zps66f7d32f.jpg

And with my other DX 12
Bat6_zpsb983b93d.jpg

This set is a bit pricey, but if you don't own a DX02, it's well worth it. The eyes are nice and bright, and it looks stunning on the DX12 body.

man that looks friggin awesome. i think i just may get this, thanks for the pics!

those elbow pads r a bit of an eyesore though... make me just want to cut em off w/ them hanging there...

That head does look really nice, I wouldn't mind owning one. It looks much better than the DX 02 Sonar head which had that odd neck, long ears and narrow face.

Not for that price though. That's ridiculous. Glad I have multiple cape packs from my DX 02s back when they came out too. Can't imagine paying that price for a knock off.

Besides, what good is the light up eyes in my collection. If I took a pic of it and I wanted it to be from the Sonar scenes, I could always just photoshop it quick and nobody would ever know the difference.

That head does look really nice, I wouldn't mind owning one. It looks much better than the DX 02 Sonar head which had that odd neck, long ears and narrow face.

Not for that price though. That's ridiculous. Glad I have multiple cape packs from my DX 02s back when they came out too. Can't imagine paying that price for a knock off.

Besides, what good is the light up eyes in my collection. If I took a pic of it and I wanted it to be from the Sonar scenes, I could always just photoshop it quick and nobody would ever know the difference.

To each their own, I suppose. For me and some others here, it's a great investment to get some cool new accessories and get a new look for our Batman collection. Especially for those of us that weren't around for the DX02, or don't want to deal with a potentially leaky figure.

Given the choice of spending 400 for a DX12 and these additions and having a batman that is the best unmodded 1/6 representation of the character, or spending more than that for the DX02, a figure with fewer accessories, known defects, and the potential to rot itself away in the near future, I'll make this choice every day. Especially given how much each of these items cost to buy them second hand, and then having to mod them to work with the DX12.

And having it posed and eyes lit up is something that looks absolutely amazing in person.

Last edited:
And having it posed and eyes lit up is something that looks absolutely amazing in person.

I have two of the DX 02 ones. When I first got them, I think I lit the heads a total of 2 times (one of which was to check and see that it functioned properly). All I mustered was, "Oh, that's cool", then never messed with it again. For me, it's one of those heads that stays in the box, like the T-1000 split head. I guess it also doesn't help how long that neck is on the DX 02 sonar head. Aesthetically, it looked ridiculous.

As far as displaying it goes, I'd probably do the same with this, as the regular cowl head and Bruce Wayne head hold precedence over it in terms of display. Not to mention how specific it is. I'd rather have Batman riding the Batpod, or have it displayed with the Joker in the interrogation scene or getting ready to do the Hong Kong jump, not the Prewitt building siege.

I will admit, this head with the eyes looks better than the DX 02 and, heck, the actually film. When those lenses come down in the film, he looks goofy as hell. With this knock off head, it actually looks decent.

The quality of the dx12 sonar head is better than I thought it would be too. It does light up pretty well. I use that head at night. I am going to get another dx12 body for him so I can display that head. I really like the Tonym cape I got for that figure as well. Thats the only mod I have really done so far.

The quality of the dx12 sonar head is better than I thought it would be too. It does light up pretty well. I use that head at night. I am going to get another dx12 body for him so I can display that head. I really like the Tonym cape I got for that figure as well. Thats the only mod I have really done so far.

While not screen accurate, I plan on displaying him just like this in the TDK section of the collection. Between Demon Bats, this look, and the stock DX12, I now have a separate look for each film. I'm hoping for a non-rubberized BB suit as well.

I would like to get a Batman Begins suit as well. Didn't start getting into Hot Toys figures until last year and after seeing all the issues with the dx02 I am going to wait and see if hot toys will do a 2.0. My favorite Batman they have done is still 89 Batman but the Dark Knight Rises Batman is awesome too. I have them displayed together.

Back