Son Of Batman: DC Animated Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I thought this one looked like they were avoiding that look and going back to the more Young Justice/JLU look. That last 2 DC movies have been EXTREMELY Anime looking - a huge turnoff for me.

Not for me, I'm not a huge Anime fan but I do enjoy their pencils and animations when they don't get too crazy, my GF made me watch an anime about a talking mutant dress once... A ****ing mutant talking dress :lol, and I also hate how on today's anime, everybody is super incredibly good looking, it's almost offensive :lol, but DC, DC keeps it grounded.

Young Justice also has strong anime influences.

For my money, TDKR was the best animated film DC has done so far followed closely behind by All Star Superman and Year One. Weller's Batman was pretty damn awesome but nobody replaces Conroy in my mind. JL: War was like its source material, weak. As for the Son of Batman film, it looks pretty weak and this is coming from a huge fan of Damian. I miss the little bastard and shed a tear when he died. That was great writing from Morrison at that point in his run but of course that was toward the end of his run. His first year or so on Batman was anywhere from lame to just okay. It wasn't until he introduced Dr. Hurt and that whole storyarc that morphed and blew up into Batman: RIP that it became ****ing awesome. DC just needs to get Conroy to do Batman and Tim Daly to do Superman and then all would be right with the world. I hear those two actors' voice every time I read a Batman or Superman comic and that's been like that for me ever since BTAS and STAS were on the air.

Did you enjoy Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I know you prefer the cartooney look to the anime look. That series was well done with the cartoon animation but classic comic stories. A shame they canceled it for the shallow, new series. If you haven't seen it, it's well worth looking into. I don't see how Marvel could've put out that, and then turn around and favor the garbage they're putting out now. :cuckoo:

My 2 sons and I used to LOVE watching the 1st Avengers series. It was a fantastic show. I love how they mixed in so many comic story lines into the show. I caught every episode with my kids because it was so enjoyable to watch. I can't believe that they canceled that show for the new Avengers series. What utter garbage. My kids still watch the new show but I can't stomach it. I thought EMH was the best cartoon TV series Marvel ever put out. The new Avengers series doesn't even come close to it. What a shame EMH was canceled for it.

My 2 sons and I used to LOVE watching the 1st Avengers series. It was a fantastic show. I love how they mixed in so many comic story lines into the show. I caught every episode with my kids because it was so enjoyable to watch. I can't believe that they canceled that show for the new Avengers series. What utter garbage. My kids still watch the new show but I can't stomach it. I thought EMH was the best cartoon TV series Marvel ever put out. The new Avengers series doesn't even come close to it. What a shame EMH was canceled for it.

:exactly: Couldn't agree more. I don't know who was more devastated, me or my 3-year-old son. I can't even get him to watch the new show. Can't say I blame him. :lol

Yep Son of batman was really good, the only thing I didn't like was Slade Wilsons voice, he sounded more like a Shakespearian actor then a mercenary, his voice needed to be deeper and more gruff. Other then that I enjoyed it.

Glad to see this getting some positive responses. Really looking forward to seeing this one as I'm a big fan of the book and Morrison's whole run and of Damian as I character.

Where did you guys see it? I'm waiting for it to come out on iTunes :lol I need to watch it now! Was it leaked or something? I'll watch it now and pay for it later :gah:

Search for it online. It's been leaked.:lol

I'm adding this to my DC collection. Really good movie. But is this based on the new 52? I thought when Damian was introduced in the comics he had an ongoing fight with Tim Drake and NOT ****?

Found it :lol downloading mkv right now :yess:

I believe it is based of the nu52, but they change a lot of things in the transition from comic to movie, which I'm glad they do.

As far as Morrison's run goes, it's like this:

Pre-New 52:
-Batman and Son
-Batman:The Black Glove
-Batman:R.I.P.
-Final Crisis
-Batman & Robin (vol.1 #1-13)
-Batman:The Return of Bruce Wayne
-Batman Inc. (Vol.1)
New 52:
-Batman Inc. (Vol.2)

With that in mind, Batman and Son, the story which this is based on, is a pre-New 52 book, but the animated "Son of Batman" movie takes place after "Justice League:War" (based on Justice League:Origin; a New 52 book). So, try pretty much transposed the Pre-New 52 story into the Post-New 52 animated universe, if that makes sense.

watched it and honestly it was decent but lacked a lot in what makes damian , the little assassin trained creepy stealthy killer from the comics, he was portrayed as a brat whos overly confident. and the best fight was basicly cut out for a so -so chase scene.

overall , its a decent film but the risk factors fell flat in every big moments, no feeling of any risk is felt during the big fights, but they are brutal, so some parents might not want to let their kids see( spoilers here) see damian get a sword cut into him during the end fight

As far as Morrison's run goes, it's like this:

Pre-New 52:
-Batman and Son
-Batman:The Black Glove
-Batman:R.I.P.
-Final Crisis
-Batman & Robin (vol.1 #1-13)
-Batman:The Return of Bruce Wayne
-Batman Inc. (Vol.1)
New 52:
-Batman Inc. (Vol.2)

With that in mind, Batman and Son, the story which this is based on, is a pre-New 52 book, but the animated "Son of Batman" movie takes place after "Justice League:War" (based on Justice League:Origin; a New 52 book). So, try pretty much transposed the Pre-New 52 story into the Post-New 52 animated universe, if that makes sense.

Oooooh my bad I mixed it up with DOTF which is what I'm reading right now.

Yeah, B&S is pre52.

But like I said, the animated universe they seem to be putting together is a new one, based (with big liberties) on the new 52.

Watched this a couple of days ago. Liked it, but if I compare it with DC's other / last releases, I found JL: Flashpoint Paradox, Doom, and War better. Guess better stories make better movies.

Watched this a couple of days ago. Liked it, but if I compare it with DC's other / last releases, I found JL: Flashpoint Paradox, Doom, and War better. Guess better stories make better movies.

I agree. I hope they adapt Batman: Night/Court of Owls soon. That was an awesome new 52 story. and since it seems we will never get stuff like Sinestro Corp wars, Blackest Night, or other big stories.

I agree. I hope they adapt Batman: Night/Court of Owls soon. That was an awesome new 52 story. and since it seems we will never get stuff like Sinestro Corp wars, Blackest Night, or other big stories.

They need to make that happen! I found that whole story to be quite creepy reading it.

They need to make that happen! I found that whole story to be quite creepy reading it.

I love the Court of Owls. They are a truly scary foe. They almost broke Bruce. Plus I loved how it all related to Gotham's history. I would love a live action version of this story.

Court of owls is a must, probably the most interesting Batman villains since I can remember :lol including of course The Talon.

Just watched this, it was lackluster in many areas, even animation seemed a bit below their current standards at times.

Voice acting was weak at times as well, not by O'mara, but by everyone else, it had good parts too, I like that they add stuff that wasn't in the comics.

This should have been a better movie, the story had more juice that JL Origin, yet War was infinitely more fun than this, but I suppose they needed to make this to make Death of the Family.

Last edited:
Back