"Batman and Harley Quinn" animated movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New trailer. Doesn't seem like my thing, I'll just watch it for Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester saying stuff. I'm kinda burned out by Harley overexposure. :lol

Since Ivy teamed up with Woodrue, it would make more sense for Bats to seek the help of Swamp Thing instead of Harley Quinn.

Since Ivy teamed up with Woodrue, it would make more sense for Bats to seek the help of Swamp Thing instead of Harley Quinn.

I agree (and that's an animated film I'd rather watch), but DC has to shoehorn Harley into everything now. To be honest, I'm surprised Batman is even in this. I can't believe they didn't team up Wonder Woman and Harley instead.

I agree (and that's an animated film I'd rather watch), but DC has to shoehorn Harley into everything now. To be honest, I'm surprised Batman is even in this. I can't believe they didn't team up Wonder Woman and Harley instead.

This was in the works long before people liked Wonder Woman :lol

Just got back for the movie screening.... I'm not quite sure what to think about it. Its about 70 minutes and goes by fast. A LOT of jokes (adult related.) Another hookup (not quite as bad as Batman / Batgirl in Killing Joke though.) Harley singing. Just overall kind of weird. If you like a more serious Batman stay away, if you like the 60's tv show Batman you might be ok. Rauch as Harley was fine... couldn't even tell it was her so I had no problem with it.

They actually address this about two minutes in...

I liked it. It was nice having Batman and Nightwig from the animated series back. Wish they would have gotten more though - especially for Ivy and Harley. I thought Bernadette did OK, but I'd have preferred Tara Strong to her.

It is a bit weird. Batman is his usual dark, brooding self at first and Harley slowly wears on him and be lightens up. I was surprised by the number of adult humor jokes though. Even though the Killing Joke is darker, I felt this was edgier than its R rated cousin as far as pushing the boundaries with the humor.

I just see this as a continuation of the animated series, so its all good for me just for that. Hopefully this leads to more Timmverse movies or revivals.

I am curious to watch it since the animated series is still my favorite version of Batman. Killing Joke was alright but could have done without the sex scene between Batman and Batgirl. Just seemed out of place to the overall story

I am curious to watch it since the animated series is still my favorite version of Batman. Killing Joke was alright but could have done without the sex scene between Batman and Batgirl. Just seemed out of place to the overall story

The whole Batgirl story was out of place! Luckily you can just start the movie after that part is over.

https://www.reddit.com/r/batman/comments/6tz44f/bruce_timm/

d4eq8pL.png

Really enjoyed this film a lot. Will def be heading to Target when the blurry releases to snag the steelbook.

My only real complaint was the farting scene in the Batmobile. ...it was pretty much anti-funny.

Luckily there are a lot of funny scenes, lines, and moments through the entire film to make up for that severely tone deaf scene.

Also...Nightwing x Harley is ok by me.

Nothing new tho, Timm was always like this.
It's just that he and others got too much "creative" freedom with these "movies".
They thinks that what they're doin' is mature but in reality it's as immature as it gets.

Timm being a kinky dude obviously isn't anything new - but as you said, they've been giving the staff over there, especially Timm, too much freedom to do whatever they want. Hit the nail on the head with that last sentence especially.

I haven't seen the movie for myself yet, but from what I've heard it's got a lot of forced, cringy humor. Maybe those reports are exaggerated and I'll end up liking it, but WB's animation department has been putting out some "mediocre" to "okay" stuff these past few years.

Here's hoping Gotham by Gaslight is good.

Back