Justice League: War animated movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked WW in general in the new 52, but her VA here wasn't the best.

I haven't seen it yet, I'm waiting for the blu-ray next week. But as far as your question about WW goes: She is awesome in her own book written by Brian Azzarello. That has consistently been one of my favorite books, and has yet to have a bad issue.

GL in this Justice League story was weird. He was way more immature than Hal was in the regular books. And since DC said GL and Batman continuity was still in effect, it was even weirder why Johns wrote him that way. Again in the GL books Hal is awesome, but in JL only Aquaman and Batman seem to be the same characters.

Superman has been bland in new 52 to me. But Greg Pak is writing Action, and is tellign a great story. And showing us the person Kal is. I highly recommend his current run.

I haven't seen it yet, I'm waiting for the blu-ray next week. But as far as your question about WW goes: She is awesome in her own book written by Brian Azzarello. That has consistently been one of my favorite books, and has yet to have a bad issue.

GL in this Justice League story was weird. He was way more immature than Hal was in the regular books. And since DC said GL and Batman continuity was still in effect, it was even weirder why Johns wrote him that way. Again in the GL books Hal is awesome, but in JL only Aquaman and Batman seem to be the same characters.

Superman has been bland in new 52 to me. But Greg Pak is writing Action, and is tellign a great story. And showing us the person Kal is. I highly recommend his current run.

I need to start reading WW then, thanks for the recommendation, I've been skipping both Superman and Detective comics, cause I've heard they're bland overall, but Action comics has it's good bits and Batman/Superman is the best IMO so far of the Bats and SUpes runs, it's got a more vibrant Superman Personality.

Yeah, GL was immature, but the comedy he provided was enough for me to overlook that, cause the movie has a lot more comedy than the book.

I need to start reading WW then, thanks for the recommendation, I've been skipping both Superman and Detective comics, cause I've heard they're bland overall, but Action comics has it's good bits and Batman/Superman is the best IMO so far of the Bats and SUpes runs, it's got a more vibrant Superman Personality.

Yeah, GL was immature, but the comedy he provided was enough for me to overlook that, cause the movie has a lot more comedy than the book.

And nothing has changed in those 2. Detective doesn't seem to have a voice. And Superman keeps getting writers who have nothing new or interesting to say about the character.Overall new 52 has been hit or miss. Some books were awesome out of nowhere, like Animal Man. If you like almost a horro vibe that is a great one. My LCS was doing a buy 4 new 52 books and get 1 free when they first launched. I had to go after work, so I missed out on some I really wanted. Animal Man was my free one one week, cause what I wanted was gone. Next thing I know it is on my pull list. Jeff Lemire told a great story. I stopped reading after he finished his run. But I highly recommend the trade.

And nothing has changed in those 2. Detective doesn't seem to have a voice. And Superman keeps getting writers who have nothing new or interesting to say about the character.Overall new 52 has been hit or miss. Some books were awesome out of nowhere, like Animal Man. If you like almost a horro vibe that is a great one. My LCS was doing a buy 4 new 52 books and get 1 free when they first launched. I had to go after work, so I missed out on some I really wanted. Animal Man was my free one one week, cause what I wanted was gone. Next thing I know it is on my pull list. Jeff Lemire told a great story. I stopped reading after he finished his run. But I highly recommend the trade.

Nice one, will check it out, been meaning to read WW/Superman as well, I've heard good things about it.

Yeah, can some explain this to me:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ah. So it's just bad writing? :lol

I'm just going to assume that superman comes to his senses, some how.

Well, the the movie the "transformation" wasn't complete so that could explain why he just snapped out of it after a few minutes, I think it was just an excuse to:

Spoiler Spoiler:
:lol

Whats up with the scene where Flash destroys Darkseid's eye with a fraking crowbar? Wtf?

My first thought was "wait, Wonder Woman's still got her sword, doesn't she? Surely that would be more effective than something from a construction site?"

Hate the new 52, but really enjoyed this movie. One thing I will say is I find it absolutely stupid that DC/Warner feels the need to add swearing to their "cartoons" to try to seem grittier with their PG13 ratings. I would love to watch some of these movies with my kid as she loves Wonder Woman, Batman etc.

Eh, they aren't that bad. Kids these days hear ten times worse on the school bus. Plus, I'd say the blood gushing out of Darkseid's eye would be more harmful than a "****" or a "damn" here or there.

Eh, they aren't that bad. Kids these days hear ten times worse on the school bus. Plus, I'd say the blood gushing out of Darkseid's eye would be more harmful than a "****" or a "damn" here or there.

Kids on the bus are ten times worse because their parents let them watch crap that contains that kind of language :dunno

Back