Son Of Batman: DC Animated Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Trailer at link:

https://www.tvguide.com/News/Son-of...69.aspx#ooid=Q2cHc3azrR5RpB_sbuowRWuz7JsDGQZ1

Batman turns 75 this year and he's celebrating by becoming a father. The upcoming animated movie Son of Batman introduces Damian, the child Bruce Wayne never knew he had. The story is based on a 2006 comic-book arc written by Grant Morrison in which Batman learns that he has a violent, unruly pre-teen son, secretly raised by the terrorist group the League of Assassins.

The voice cast features Jason O'Mara as Batman/Bruce Wayne; Stuart Allan as Damian; Morena Baccarin as Talia, Damian's mother; Giancarlo Esposito as Ra's Al Ghul, leader of the League of Assassins and one of Batman's most notorious enemies; David McCallum as butler Alfred Pennyworth; Xander Berkeley as Kirk Langstrom (aka Man-Bat); and Thomas Gibson plays the master assassin Deathstroke.

This will be O'Mara's second time voicing the Dark Knight. He also stars in Justice League: War, which is out Feb. 4. Both movies are part of Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment's popular series of animated superhero features.

Son of Batman comes out late this spring on DVD, Blu-ray and for digital download. The movie will have its world premiere at WonderCon over Easter weekend in Anaheim, Calif.

Interesting choice
Will be getting this

My copy of Justice League: War is on route at the moment so will be able to see how O'Mara fares as Batman

Neil

So another bad CB story with yet another terrible voice cast...

Guess TDKR was indeed an exception that only proves the rule.

Conroy's too busy doing Arkham 3, I'm ok with O'mara, but they should give a chance to Craig Smith, he did an amazing job in AO.

Having said that, this looks really good, DC animation keeps getting better.

Looks decent, but I wish they'd hurry up and do Killing Joke already. Hamill will do that in a heartbeat, and I can't imagine them not getting Conroy to voice Batman in that one either. I thought DKR did well enough to prove some of the grittier, classic Batman Graphic Novels will sell well enough. I only rent the others, but I bought both DKRs and easily would with Killing Joke. At least all of the Batman films have been better than any Superman one they've done - some of those have been just garbage.

It's an ok comic and all but... eh.

It lacks an iconic villain but for what it is from Jimbo's perspective, I think it's pretty fantastic. I doubt this new Fox show will top the concept. And the Catwoman short was a nice bonus.

I just want them to do Long Halloween/Dark Victory though. That would be incredible as a 4-hour+ two-parter.

Interesting. I love Morrison's entire arc and was a huge fan of Damian so am looking forward to this. I wonder how they'll end it, just leaving Damian around or mix in his ultimate fate.

I've been a big fan of DC's animated films, the dark knight returns especially, but what I've seen of justice league: war hasn't really wowed me so far, and I'm a fan of the comic version, so hoping this does turn out well.

I still find the choice of movies DC animate very bizarre, they seem to skip ahead way too quickly.

I wish they'd cover some of the older stuff first.

Aside from Long Halloween & Killing Joke I'd love to see them tackle some more GL stuff.
Sinestro Wars, Blackest Night, War of the Lanterns would be fantastic to see.
I'd also like some more Superman, Red Sun & Earth One would be nice or what about Green Arrow Year One, Quiver or Longbow Hunters, you'd think with the popularity of the Arrow TV series an Animated movie would go down a storm.

Anyway whatever they do I'll end up buying...I've got everything else on the shelf ;) lol

Neil

Longbow hunters could make an awesome feature. Especially with how dark/violent they went with the dark knight returns. Also Blackest Night could be really cool.

I wish they would make some movies for other DC characters. Their Batman and Superman movies sell the most though.

You didn't care for Year One?

Year One was a horrible movie based on a fantastic series of graphic novels. I don't know just who the movie was aimed for- fans of the book knows the script word for word, and those unfamiliar with the book would say they would rather watch Batman Begins. I know, I've tried showing the movie to both parties. No one liked it. It doesn't help that we got the worst sounding Batman ever.

TDKR on the other hand, was amazing, hampered only by Peter Weller's less than stellar voice acting. I'd rather they went with (no not Kevin Conroy) Michael Ironside.

I disagree. I think Year One is easily better than the Nolan flicks. But both it and TDKR suffer from poor Batmen as you say.

Peter Weller's performance as Batman was amazing, and, while I don't think anything about him "wowed" me, I thought Mckenzie did a decent job in Year One, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This looks pretty good, but I'm not going to lie and say that Damian's voice wasn't a little jarring; I always thought of him as sort of snobby little aristocrat with a British accent.

I disagree. I think Year One is easily better than the Nolan flicks. But both it and TDKR suffer from poor Batmen as you say.

Nah, I'm with ya man. I think Year One IS a better movie than Begins too, but it suffers from bringing nothing new to the table, it's a by the numbers adaptation unlike TDKR which did plenty to keep things fresh while still staying true to the source material.

Peter Weller's performance as Batman was amazing, and, while I don't think anything about him "wowed" me, I thought Mckenzie did a decent job in Year One, which I thoroughly enjoyed. This looks pretty good, but I'm not going to lie and say that Damian's voice wasn't a little jarring; I always thought of him as sort of snobby little aristocrat with a British accent.
I'm not saying that Weller's a bad actor or anything, I'm just believe that Ironside would make a better TDKR Bats than Weller. I mean, Ironside actually sounds scary-crazy in the Legends of the Dark Knight episode. :lol

EDIT: Misread Batfan's sentence. Still think Ironside would be better for the role though. :lol

Last edited:
Back