SIM REPLACEMENT.. IT'S A FIASCO 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your replacement sim light or no?

• my replacement sim lights up fine.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • my replacement sim DOESN'T light up.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • didn't order sim and i'm glad i didn't.

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
I don't mind helping but it does kind of suck to see someone who was hoping to make a buck off of it. I hope you get one though. :)

I don't mind helping but it does kind of suck to see someone who was hoping to make a buck off of it. I hope you get one though. :)

i originally wanted this for myself. but there was a rush of pre-orders that came in and i figured i'd sell and make a bit, then get another one a couple months later for a bit more. big mistake. even the paint damaged ones are going for over $500. and it seems the price is even getting higher as more and more sims have problems. ones that are perfect are selling for $700-$800! :google so you made a bit, i made a bit, but the new owner can make more than you and me combined if he sells. i did find one for $700 from the friend of a local friend here. but in all honesty, i'd rather spend that $700 on the 1:1 im bust, which i think is the best im anything. so much to choose from, so little cash! :lol

This Stealth Iron Man release really turned out to be one big bomb for Sideshow.

I really wonder what they're costs, profits, and losses were in all of this. I know we'll never see them but I am curious. And now they're getting even more returns with the replacements all screwed up!

They really took some bad timing to try out the new "plastic trays".... :monkey1

This Stealth Iron Man release really turned out to be one big bomb for Sideshow.

I really wonder what they're costs, profits, and losses were in all of this. I know we'll never see them but I am curious. And now they're getting even more returns with the replacements all screwed up!

They really took some bad timing to try out the new "plastic trays".... :monkey1

It had nothing to do with the plastic trays. They worked fine. It was the fact that some idiot missed the step of making sure they were wrapped in the styrafoam first. Had this step been taken, as it was this time, there wouldn't have been a fiasco.

I got mine today and I'm happy to say he's perfect. Lights work and there's no scuffing. It appears the LED's aren't as bright either which is a good thing as they were blinding the first time. I wonder if they used different LED's in this run or used a resistor to dim them.

I hope I receive a good replacement, i need the money for the wedding. somehow I always thought the future father-in-law was supposed to pay for it. :monkey2

It had nothing to do with the plastic trays. They worked fine. It was the fact that some idiot missed the step of making sure they were wrapped in the styrafoam first. Had this step been taken, as it was this time, there wouldn't have been a fiasco.

I got mine today and I'm happy to say he's perfect. Lights work and there's no scuffing. It appears the LED's aren't as bright either which is a good thing as they were blinding the first time. I wonder if they used different LED's in this run or used a resistor to dim them.

Maybe the plastic trys did play a part, 'cuz my replacement came without it this time.

I hope I receive a good replacement, i need the money for the wedding. somehow I always thought the future father-in-law was supposed to pay for it. :monkey2

Marry rich and they will; watched my best friends Father in law drop a butt load getting his daughter married at a fancy resort in Scottsdale AZ. Having never been married myself, I'm probably not too qualified to comment, but I think weddings can be a waste of money. What are they... $15k - $20k and up? That could start a nice retirement acount, rather than a pretty dress and getting all your friends drunk. OR, you could buy 66.67 defective SIMs. Problem is, it's conditioned into girls since they're old enough to play dress up.

no light poll is deadlocked at 7 and 7. 50% damaged is way better than the paint damage poll, which i think was over 65%.

no light poll is deadlocked at 7 and 7. 50% damaged is way better than the paint damage poll, which i think was over 65%.

damaged SIMS was up to 80% last time I looked, which is incredibly awful and unprofitable. FIASCO aside, I think SS did the best they could with the replacements before having to resort to offering the unlucky ones refunds. That will probably be the FIASCO III thread though.

damaged SIMS was up to 80% last time I looked, which is incredibly awful and unprofitable. FIASCO aside, I think SS did the best they could with the replacements before having to resort to offering the unlucky ones refunds. That will probably be the FIASCO III thread though.

i would hate to see anyone that ordered and waited for a replacement, to be left old in the cold with a 'take it or leave it' refund. this is when ss should be offering up their ap stock, even if it's not an im stealth. it's just good business to make up for a series blunders like this!

hopefully not coming soon. the FIASCO 3 REFUND poll. :monkey4 :monkey2 :(

I don't know what you are talking about, but let's hope it doesn't come to that. I was guaranteed a replacement SIM before I took the step to destroy the flawed one and send them the pictures. I still don't have it though. I have a number, but no news since. If it's true that the first replacements are some kind of a 'kid bash', I may consider myself lucky to have waited longer before I'd taken the step to destroy my first SIM. IF I get a mint and working replacement that is...

Btw, any other European SIM busters with news on their replacement?

I don't know what you are talking about, but let's hope it doesn't come to that. I was guaranteed a replacement SIM before I took the step to destroy the flawed one and send them the pictures. I still don't have it though. I have a number, but no news since. If it's true that the first replacements are some kind of a 'kid bash', I may consider myself lucky to have waited longer before I'd taken the step to destroy my first SIM. IF I get a mint and working replacement that is...

Btw, any other European SIM busters with news on their replacement?

i will say a prayer for you alice, to get your sim in perfect shape. it's only right.

Marry rich and they will; watched my best friends Father in law drop a butt load getting his daughter married at a fancy resort in Scottsdale AZ. Having never been married myself, I'm probably not too qualified to comment, but I think weddings can be a waste of money. What are they... $15k - $20k and up? That could start a nice retirement acount, rather than a pretty dress and getting all your friends drunk. OR, you could buy 66.67 defective SIMs. Problem is, it's conditioned into girls since they're old enough to play dress up.

Man, I totally agree. I will never get married for those reasons and more and I have a problem with traditionalists. I told my GF straight out it was never going to happen and luckily she was fine with it. :rock

Man, I totally agree. I will never get married for those reasons and more and I have a problem with traditionalists. I told my GF straight out it was never going to happen and luckily she was fine with it. :rock

did you tell her afterwards to get in the kitchen and make dinner! :lol

ours will be less, luckily she doesn't want to blow a lot of money on it but it isn't cheap that's for sure. I've paid cash so far but I know something will come up that I didn't account for. oh well it's worth it to me and my fiance so that's why we're doing it...probably the only time in our lives that all the people who attend will be at the same place at the same time and that's worth it.

for some people it's not worth it and that's cool.

Back