SIM REPLACEMENT.. IT'S A FIASCO 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your replacement sim light or no?

• my replacement sim lights up fine.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • my replacement sim DOESN'T light up.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • didn't order sim and i'm glad i didn't.

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
Well, I have good news. My SIM was deliverd today and it lit right up.

Go figure. :lol

Thanks for all your supportive comments. guys. This Figure, when flawless and lit up is an amazing display piece. I see why it's so Coveted.

Now, what to do with it...

You forgot there was a power switch didn't you:lol
Congrats on your return.

picked up sim! AWESOME!!!!! :banana :banana :banana heads up, when you shut down the light feature, it takes a couple of seconds for the lights to fade off.

i will take some pics when my display is finished. still undecided as to what to include but i'm going with a total marvel theme. about 1/4 the way there.

You forgot there was a power switch didn't you:lol
Congrats on your return.

Oh, THAT's what that red button was for! :duh :rotfl

Seriously, when lit this is a VERY Dramatic piece. EXTREMELY COOL Looking. :cool::cool:

I think it may become one of those Grail Pieces in short order, like the IM Exclusive. There's good reason why it sold out in like 4 and half minutes.

And ya know the Film will Rock Hard.

Just sent my first replacement back. Hope the third time is the charm.

I am so glad I just sold my paint scuffed one.
bannistardsm.gif
bannistardsm.gif
bannistardsm.gif

Got this e-mail today.:banghead

Date: April 10, 2008
Subject: Regarding your Sideshow Iron Man Statue (#*****) wait list reservation.

Dear Iron Man Collector,

We wanted to take this opportunity to e-mail you about your Wait List Reservation for the Iron Man Statue (#*****) as well as about recent changes in our system, which will affect your reservation.

At this time, very few items have become available through cancellations and credit card declines. Therefore, we are preparing to close the wait list in the next few months. When we do cancel your reservation, you should expect to receive an automated e-mail from our online store specifically confirming the cancellation of your reservation. The subject line of the e-mail will contain your reservation number. However, please note that until you receive this e-mail or you cancel your reservation yourself, then it will remain active and valid to fulfill if an item unexpectedly becomes available.

In the meantime, you may be interested in a different Iron Man item. Currently pre-ordering is the 1:1 scale Iron Man bust based on the upcoming film, Iron Man. This item has both full payment and flexible payment options available and more information about it can be found by following the provided link: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2957

You should also be aware that we have recently made changes to our Wait list system, which will affect your active reservation, potential product fulfillment, as well as wait list correspondence. We have included some highlights below, but strongly recommend that you review the information at the provided link. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=30

1) By maintaining an active reservation with us, you are agreeing to allow Sideshow Collectibles to charge your credit card for the requested item at any time that the item may become available to fulfill your active reservation. If you do not agree, then you should cancel your reservation(s) immediately through your online account here:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/ myhistory.cgi

It is in your best interest to review all reservations frequently and to cancel any reservation that you do not want fulfilled to avoid any miss shipments or unwanted charges to your credit card.

2) Reservation fulfillment is not dependent on customer notification. Although Sideshow will send an automated courtesy e-mail notification, we are not responsible if you do not receive it for any reason (spam filters, host blocks, on vacation, etc.). Please make sure you read our instructions on how to keep our e-mails out of your spam folders and avoid potential receipt issues. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=3602

3) Our wait list system is automated in every aspect. If an item becomes available for you, the system is designed to contact you automatically via e-mail and fulfill your order automatically, unless you stop the process yourself by canceling the reservation. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL THE RESERVATION BEFORE IT IS FULFILLED and it’s in your best interest to review all reservations frequently to assess them. If the item is shipped to you due to a late cancellation, you will be responsible for all shipping fees.

We look forward to helping you acquire that special item for your collection!

Best regards,

Jeff Dean
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

Direct Ph: (805) 214-2182
U.S. Toll Free: (800) 474-3746
Int’l Ph: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2
U.S / Int’l Fx: (805) 214-2190

it's going on 60 days since SS confirmed they received mine for replacement...hopefully they'll update us soon.

Back