SIM REPLACEMENT.. IT'S A FIASCO 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your replacement sim light or no?

• my replacement sim lights up fine.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • my replacement sim DOESN'T light up.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • didn't order sim and i'm glad i didn't.

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
a heads up regarding sim. i have some good news and some encouraging news.

first, the good news. i went to the friend of a friend's house because he got his sim today. he said he would sell it to me for $700 and i was considering this for another board member, because i just couldn't go $700. when we get to this guy's house, he's steaming mad. he's ranting about how this replacement was also messed up and he was over it. the light up feature didn't work. so he asks me if i want to buy it for $350. i immediately freak. the statue looked great and so did the base. so immediately started thinking repaint to a red/gold color. but i also thought from reading another post that the batteries may be dead. i asked him did he put new ones in and he says no. he puts in new ones and the im lights up perfect. so the encouraging news is check or replace your batteries if yours isn't lighting up. it just may work. so now we're back to $700. so i notice this guy has alot of 12" war figures. he also has a sse dracula and phantom. so i ask him if he would take a partial trade. i wind up giving him duplicates of figures i had including a sse wolfman, sse frankenstein, a bride of frankenstein and bof monster and a mask of the red death and a $350 payment next week. i now own a SIM!!!!!! well, next week when i make a payment anyway!!!! :fireworks
I thought you only wanted the new Iron Man 1:1 bust....:monkey3

I thought you only wanted the new Iron Man 1:1 bust....:monkey3

the $700 pricetag was a big factor. $350 and some duplicate 12" figures was too good to pass up. plenty of time before im 1:1 comes out. anything wrong with owning both? :D

I received a notice saying that my replacement will be 60-90 days out hopefully I won't have any issues with it, especially if I have to wait that long for a replacement.

Thank you for your patience during the returns process with Sideshow. We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that your damaged Stealth Iron Man Comiquette has been received.

Since you have requested a replacement for this item, we have booked a replacement order to reserve a piece in your name. Your corresponding order number is xxxxxxx. Please keep this number as reference for your replacement. Currently our replacement Stealth Iron Man statues have been reserved and we are awaiting receipt of another shipment of replacements within the next 60 – 90 days. Once your piece is available for shipment, you will be notified via email from the Returns Department as well as automated email with your tracking information.

Sideshow Collectibles cannot guarantee that we will be able to replace your edition number as originally issued to you; however we will make every effort to do so when possible.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to replace your item as well as your exact edition number!

Okay, this is really strange. I sent my SIM replacement for a replacement and got a call today from CS saying they received it, tested it and it lit right up!

What? I couldn't get it to light up, no way nohow! Anyway, they said they have NO replacements for returned items with no defects so its either take it back or get a refund. They did say more replacements are on the way in about 6 weeks or so, but it won't include mine now.

I asked to see a pic of it Lit up before they send it back. They said they would and it would include the base # so here we go again.

Other note: They said the proper adapter to use for it is a 4.5 V Adapter. :D

Okay, this is really strange. I sent my SIM replacement for a replacement and got a call today from CS saying they received it, tested it and it lit right up!

What? I couldn't get it to light up, no way nohow! Anyway, they said they have NO replacements for returned items with no defects so its either take it back or get a refund. They did say more replacements are on the way in about 6 weeks or so, but it won't include mine now.

I asked to see a pic of it Lit up before they send it back. They said they would and it would include the base # so here we go again.

You should ask them to ensure it works with batteries. Maybe there is just something wrong with the battery connections and the ac adapter works fine.

You should ask them to ensure it works with batteries. Maybe there is just something wrong with the battery connections and the ac adapter works fine.

Thanks. Yeah, we covered that. SSC said it lit right up with the same batteries in the base they sent me. I have an adapter at home so I'll try that too but first I want to see pics of it lit up @ SSC.

THANK U ....

I sold it for less than the going rate on ebay, I would rather help another boardie out than make a few extra bucks. That said, I did make a profit, but just not a huge one. Hopefully we will get some movie related merch, I prefer the red/gold color scheme anyway.

just got my email answered as I recieved my SIM replacement but it had a chip on the boot near the knee other than that it was perfect was told that I would definately get a replacement but it would be 90-120 days as people who originally sent their first orders back needed to get replacements first but I will get a replacement just have to wait another 3-4 months which is fine by me.

My replacement reshipped back today. Still haven't seen pics of it from SSC.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. Have my 4.5 v adapter at the ready... the figure itself is flawless. I just hope the dang thing lights up! :google

My replacement reshipped back today. Still haven't seen pics of it from SSC.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day. Have my 4.5 v adapter at the ready... the figure itself is flawless. I just hope the dang thing lights up! :google

i'll cross my fingers for you! TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!! i pick up my sim!!! :monkey5
i'm glad i got one. i'm very excited!!! :joy :naughty :banana

Well, I have good news. My SIM was deliverd today and it lit right up.

Go figure. :lol

Thanks for all your supportive comments. guys. This Figure, when flawless and lit up is an amazing display piece. I see why it's so Coveted.

Now, what to do with it...

Well, I have good news. My SIM was deliverd today and it lit right up.

Go figure. :lol

Thanks for all your supportive comments. guys. This Figure, when flawless and lit up is an amazing display piece. I see why it's so Coveted.

Now, what to do with it...

Glad everything worked out. :banana

Back