SIM REPLACEMENT.. IT'S A FIASCO 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your replacement sim light or no?

• my replacement sim lights up fine.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • my replacement sim DOESN'T light up.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • didn't order sim and i'm glad i didn't.

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
OKAY. I found out why mine won't light up, and maybe the same reason with member PJAM's one as well.
I've tried my SIM on my friend's base and it lights up. The only difference between both bases was the electrical contact (the needle looking pin) on from my base was slimmer than the working one. Gotta seek a replacement.
So bottom line...... no juice was able to flow thru.

Yeah, I think it may be the base contacts on mine too. I just spoke to SSC and they said every replacement piece was inspected for paint and electronics so why does mine not light up? I wonder... I also told them what you said about the base contact hekool, didn't use your name but mentioned the base contact may be the problem..

Maybe if they replaced the base it would light up, that is easier than replacing the figure. Also I won't know for 3 days IF they CAN replace mine.

I am REALLY starting to get pissed now.

Non working lights is totally unacceptable. I want my original battled damaged SIM back, at least the lights work on that :(.

The ES went from 1200, to like 200 (perfect ones)... lol

It's a grail!!

i thought probably the dumbest thing for ss to do was ask people to return a working base with a paint scuffed statue.

what would trump do to the person that made that decision? :lol :lol :lol

donald_trump.jpg

i think i will hold on to mine now. I am really hesitant to return my scratched one due to these type of unforseen circumstances.

I went that route, mine only had a couple of scuffs that weren't noticable when displayed so I decided it'd be better off just to hold it and not gamble what might come back in return. I really hope this gets sorted out quickly....

i think i will hold on to mine now. I am really hesitant to return my scratched one due to these type of unforseen circumstances.

I'm in the same boat . . . at least from a few feet away it looks perfect . . . :monkey1

Man this sucks. I can't believe this is happening on replacements. Mine was scuffed up some, but I opted to keep the one I got originally.

i thought probably the dumbest thing for ss to do was ask people to return a working base with a paint scuffed statue.

what would trump do to the person that made that decision? :lol :lol :lol

donald_trump.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

The only reason people care about this piece is the lights. If those aren't working, what's the point of owning a crappy paint job Iron Man when the regular looks 100x better?

You are so right on this. I have the red & gold and even back then I thought that it should have had lights instead of the change-O-head. When this piece came out I thought Sideshow was milking that design for all it was worth by painting it black and putting lights on it. This SIM is not even a true stealth armor but rather a red & gold repainted. My intention is to repaint my SIM to red & gold that will have lights. If this was not a light up piece why would I buy it when I have a red & gold? The lights sold this the second time around more so than the repaint IMO.

Got my replacement today with no paint flaws and it lights up correctly :chew:chew

Tons more of wrapping paper and green foamy stuff along with plastic wrapped around the thigh and arm which had ben badly damaged last time.

I did not get the same edition number (200 higher this time) but I'm happy with a working and non-scratched piece :D

I just got my replacement. I could tell it was looked over, but like everyone else who got theirs, the lights are the problem. The lights will come on for a few seconds (like 3), then dim out. They really don't even light up, like my last one. I wonder if it's the battery on mine?

yeah, mines mint, but I want my
lights.

Got my replacement today with no paint flaws and it lights up correctly :chew:chew

Tons more of wrapping paper and green foamy stuff along with plastic wrapped around the thigh and arm which had ben badly damaged last time.

I did not get the same edition number (200 higher this time) but I'm happy with a working and non-scratched piece :D

WOOT!!! congrats! here's to hoping that the rest are undamaged too. :duff

I just got my replacement. I could tell it was looked over, but like everyone else who got theirs, the lights are the problem. The lights will come on for a few seconds (like 3), then dim out. They really don't even light up, like my last one. I wonder if it's the battery on mine?

yeah, mines mint, but I want my
lights.

You too? That SUCKS big time. Most likely customer service will say it was tested & check before they sent it out.

SOOOOOO GLAD I decided to keep mine instead of going the replacement route on this....

Holy jeebus SS, what's going on with your QC?!?

i'm getting worried, I haven't even received a shipping notice for my replacment...although maybe that will give them time to check to make sure the lights work on mine.

that sucks guys.

****! and i waited a long ass time before i returned mine because i was afraid of just this kinda thing. dammit. SS why couldn't u have gotten the replacements in a week sooner. i woulda still had my scratched one.:monkey4

I'm keeping mine aswell. Mine has few scratches which dosen't bother me very much.
I'm thinking of getting it painted to red. and finally ı can get a proper Ironman.

Back