SIM REPLACEMENT.. IT'S A FIASCO 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your replacement sim light or no?

• my replacement sim lights up fine.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • my replacement sim DOESN'T light up.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • didn't order sim and i'm glad i didn't.

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters

tylerd

Super Freak
Reaction score
just was curious how many people got a replacement that didn't light up.

0307crying.jpg

Last edited:

haven't received my replacement yet. fingers crossed that it is in perfect condition.

No ++++ing around, if SS is sending out replacements that aren't working, they NEED to make it right and get these people what they paid for.

No ++++ing around, if SS is sending out replacements that aren't working, they NEED to make it right and get these people what they paid for.

Quoted for truth :rock :rock

However with all that is wrong with these things I can see people being refunded rather than another round of replacements sent.
I hope that doesnt happen but SS can only get it wrong so many times:monkey3
x

Huh....so if some of these that are going back for replacement are coming back worse than before and would definitely get sent back again...one would assume that they'd just be refunded because of the lack of available replacements right? Didn't someone post that they were looking for a replacement and were told that they were out of them and just a refund would be issued? If so then how many of these will actually be out in circulation?

Huh....so if some of these that are going back for replacement are coming back worse than before and would definitely get sent back again...one would assume that they'd just be refunded because of the lack of available replacements right? Didn't someone post that they were looking for a replacement and were told that they were out of them and just a refund would be issued? If so then how many of these will actually be out in circulation?

I bet even SS doesn't know the answer to that question. less than the listed ES that's for sure.

The only reason people care about this piece is the lights. If those aren't working, what's the point of owning a crappy paint job Iron Man when the regular looks 100x better?

Well one could argue that if you were on the fence about getting yours repainted if the lights don't work it wouldn't be much of an issue to get it painted exactly like the original IM and just have a customizer paint over the lenses....not a perfect answer but definitely a glass half full kind of observation especially if the answer is to just send it back and have nothing....

If no replacements are left and people keep them they should receive some sort of compensation....reward points added to their account or something usable immediately and definitely not a giftcard.

I think someone on SF posted they received one with faulty lights and SS said there were no more replacements. They could only offer a refund.

Last edited:
I thought I read that somewhere.....so since SS is not offering replacements then the thought is that they are destroying the ones sent back to them...which really begs the question of how many of these actually will make it and stay into the collectors hands and if the piece warrants going around on eBay and paying what I'm sure will be spiking prices.....

OKAY. I found out why mine won't light up, and maybe the same reason with member PJAM's one as well.
I've tried my SIM on my friend's base and it lights up. The only difference between both bases was the electrical contact (the needle looking pin) on from my base was slimmer than the working one. Gotta seek a replacement.
So bottom line...... no juice was able to flow thru.

Back