SIM REPLACEMENT.. IT'S A FIASCO 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

did your replacement sim light or no?

• my replacement sim lights up fine.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • my replacement sim DOESN'T light up.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • didn't order sim and i'm glad i didn't.

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
Asked Cindy what the deal was with the EU replacements hopefully it'll be late this month or early next month.....and maybe another week or 2 for my Black Cat :(

I really hope my SIM comes through, it's been a loooong wait all round.

Thank you for your patience during the returns process with Sideshow. We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that your replacement Stealth Iron Man Comiquette (order # XXXXXXX) will be shipping shortly.

Please anticipate an automated email in the next 7 to 14 business days from our shipping department with your tracking information.

As always, please feel free to let me know if I can be of any further assistance. We appreciate your patience during your wait

I'm still waiting for news on mine, but at this point, I'd just as soon have kept my slightly scuffed one. :( At least it lit up for certain.

Also, my buyer says he is getting cold feet. Fine by me. I'll happily hang onto it at this point. :)

On Friday night I received a tracking number from Sideshow.

I thought it might be a glitch in there system as I only got a Tracking Number for my Thing Ex PF, which shipped on Thursday & arrived today (Its cool and massive!) and I thought it was a duplicate. On comparing the two tracking numbers, they were completely ifferent.

I also checked my Credit Card online and I haven't been billed by Sideshow since paying for my Thing PF.

I have the following items on order with them:

Red Skull Regular PF - Due to Ship in July
Red Skull Exclusive PF (Hoping for Waitlist Conversion)
Lara Croft Ex PF (Hoping for Waitlist Conversion) - Due to ship in June
Indiana Jones Ex PF - Due to ship in 4th Quarter

Only other thing I can think of is my replacement Stealth Iron Man Comiquette, which by the looks of these boards may be on its way!

That give me hope that my replacement will be shipping soon! I've seen IM yesterday, and it rocked. Can't wait to get my replacement SIM. And it better light up too... Didn't SSC say they where going to check on every single replacement SIM before it shipped to the customer? I guess that also includes checking the light up feature.

I emailed and asked for an update last Friday. The answer I got was very vague. I am guessing I will be waiting another 30-60 days.

Just to clarify, I'm in Ireland so my post refers to Ireland, the UK and of course Europe!

On Friday night I received a tracking number from Sideshow.

I thought it might be a glitch in there system as I only got a Tracking Number for my Thing Ex PF, which shipped on Thursday & arrived today (Its cool and massive!) and I thought it was a duplicate. On comparing the two tracking numbers, they were completely ifferent.

I also checked my Credit Card online and I haven't been billed by Sideshow since paying for my Thing PF.

I have the following items on order with them:

Red Skull Regular PF - Due to Ship in July
Red Skull Exclusive PF (Hoping for Waitlist Conversion)
Lara Croft Ex PF (Hoping for Waitlist Conversion) - Due to ship in June
Indiana Jones Ex PF - Due to ship in 4th Quarter

Only other thing I can think of is my replacement Stealth Iron Man Comiquette, which by the looks of these boards may be on its way!
So, you got news? IS it the SIM replacement?

So, you got news? IS it the SIM replacement?

No, it wasn't :(

My Stealth Iron Man Replacement didn't arrive! I got two individual tracking numbers from Sideshow on Thursday & Friday. One was the Thing and the other was an Alien 3 diorama which I had cancelled in April. They refunded the money to my credit card and then sent me the diorama anyway!

I contacted Cindy as I wouldn't keep something I hadn't paid forand I've arranged a day for them to collect it from me.

The wait continues, I've heard on another forums that it'll be late May / early June for EU customers and replacements are being fedexed directly from the US not from the EU warehouse.

No, it wasn't :(

My Stealth Iron Man Replacement didn't arrive! I got two individual tracking numbers from Sideshow on Thursday & Friday. One was the Thing and the other was an Alien 3 diorama which I had cancelled in April. They refunded the money to my credit card and then sent me the diorama anyway!

I contacted Cindy as I wouldn't keep something I hadn't paid forand I've arranged a day for them to collect it from me.

The wait continues, I've heard on another forums that it'll be late May / early June for EU customers and replacements are being fedexed directly from the US not from the EU warehouse.
Thanks for the information.

You're cool man, "chapeau!"

Congratz on The Thing! Mine (excl.) is coming soon. Can't wait.

Actually my Thing is being refunded as I got a bad paintjob on mine. Fantastic figure though!

What does Chapeau! mean?

Chapeau is the French word for hat. The word is also used as an exclamation to pay respect. It dates from way back in the 17th century I guess, where noble men waved their big feathery hats at each other and made a bow to salute. Here in Belgium we still use that expression if we want to express our admiration for someone's outstanding and/or noble deeds.

Sorry about your "The Thing"...

I wondered why you'd shouted Hat! at him :D I think it's still going to be another few weeks according to the last e-mail that I had from Cindy...though my replacement Black Cat will be shipped soon so that's 1 out of 2.

Back