SIM Repainted to Red and Gold Poll :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repaint a SIM to Red and Gold?

• Total voters
I went with no. Personally, it would bug me that the lights are the wrong color.

I went with no. Personally, it would bug me that the lights are the wrong color.

It dosen't bother you the colors are incorrect and the suit is wrong? Looks great painted in red n gold.

I am thinking about getting a SIM and having it repainted to Red and Gold. I always wanted a Red and Gold IM but it’s hard to find a real one and then the price is pretty steep. I am still not 100% sure (just 99% sure :D) if I am going to do this so I thought I would start a poll and get some feedback on why this would be a good or bad idea.

Here is a pic from Ickwinzs who did the repaint for the one below and who I would have repaint mine. He is an incredible artist and his repaints look beautiful!

watermark.php
I think you should have it painted to the red & gold. I have the original red & gold and even before Sideshow released it I thought they should have made it as a light-up exclusive but they didn't and instead we the change-o-head. Well when Sideshow announced a Stealth Iron Man I said OK but when it wasn't a true Stealth I got upset (yes this is not Iron Man's true stealth armor its just a warmed over red & gold with dark blue paint :rolleyes:). I wasn't going to get it but I thought to myself "if I get this painted red & gold, I'll have a red & gold with light up".

Sideshow only produced 2 red & gold comiquettes and one went to Robert Downey Jr. and the other went for auction and if I recall correctly it sold for $18,000. This alone should be incentive enough to get it painted but apart from that it looks really good from all the pics I've seen. I'm getting mine done and I'm searching for a decent painter who won't break the bank.

I would make it a gun metal version.

Me too. I'm debating either having mine repainted gun metal or just trading/selling it. I already have the regular comiquette or I'd probably go that route.

Looks like I almost have one and I will be sending it off to get reapinted, thanks to everyone for their input :clap:clap

Well much as I love my SIM if I had the choice of get it repainted [or leaving it as is] I'd jump at having it repainted, so I say go for it man.

That said, I wouldn't pay to have it repainted, it'll have to be a free jobbie as I don't think it's worth the extra spending :monkey3

Well much as I love my SIM if I had the choice of get it repainted [or leaving it as is] I'd jump at having it repainted, so I say go for it man.

That said, I wouldn't pay to have it repainted, it'll have to be a free jobbie as I don't think it's worth the extra spending :monkey3

Free?!?! :horror:horror:horror:rolleyes::lol

Yes,Amir do it, looks much better in red and gold.

I always thought the blue design on stealth Iron Man looks ridiculous.Both In comics and in statue form.

Yes,Amir do it, looks much better in red and gold.

I always thought the blue design on stealth Iron Man looks ridiculous.Both In comics and in statue form.

That's exactly it, I need a red and gold IM in my collection and the stealth IM colors are not impressive enough to want to have both versions in my collection I think.

Well I think the whole point of a stealth, light-up IM is to have him seem unobstrusive when those LEDs kick in, especially in a really dark environment. I haven't seen a light-up SIM repant and I doubt the vast majority of us freaks have, but I don't think the Red-Gold IM repaint will have quite the same effect, when lit up, in the dark... SS must have thought this through before choosing the stealth variant as the light-up version.

Then again maybe they didnt [the HT IM MKII and III weakens my argument!].

That said, the red-gold [color scheme] looks far more impressive, this coming from a SIM owner... but when those lights kick in and I switch off the lights, no paint-scheme in the world could match the awesomeness of SIM! Without the lights SIM is hardly a eye-catcher ["Oh wow, I didn't even know that was Iron Man" remarked my friend the other day]; that wouldn't have been the case if I had the IM comiquette on display... and certainly wouldn't/shouldn't be the case for you if you get your repaint.

So, If I have a choice -- and I do -- I wouldn't buy the Red-Gold IM, I'd buy the classic IM comiquette EX and still have some money left over... but this is about you, so if the repaint doesn't cost that much then I say you do it. That way you get the best of both worlds and would definitely be the coolest kid on the block :banana:banana

Plus the polls are leaning in favor of the repaint... :monkey3

That's the thing the IM ex I think is selling for close to 1500 and the reg. is close to 1000 (legit versions not recasts). Gettting a SIM and having it repainted would be just a little under or a bit over the reg. versions cost.

That's the thing the IM ex I think is selling for close to 1500 and the reg. is close to 1000 (legit versions not recasts). Gettting a SIM and having it repainted would be just a little under or a bit over the reg. versions cost.

I was just about to say that, yeah ur lookn at quite an expensive purchase for a legit Red/Gold IM Ex or Reg. I'm not sure what worstgamerever is mentioning because that would cost u a cool $2000 after it's all said and done. With the purchase of the legit one and then a purchase of a IM Classic...??!?!?!

SIM's are going the highest $600 and that's stretching it. Some u can find around $500 and the paint job will prolly very in the range of $300-$500 which puts un low balling around $800 for getting a SIM and painting it.

If u all ready have a SIM then, it's going to be way cheaper to have it turned into a R/G, merely $300 bones is what I would pay for a decent paint job.

edit: oh he says he wouldn't buy the R/G one and just get the IM Classic Ex, I guess this will cost about the same really when it's all said and done, so go with what version u like best I guess the modern or classic.

Amir:

I have the Red'nGold IM Exc, (legit), the Stealth, and painted stealth.

Done right, the stealth painted Red'n Gold, done PROPERLY, will be the best of the three.

Anyone who has come to see these has always pointed out the custom painted Stealth is the most liked of the three.

I paid $2000, including shipping to get the custom painted one. I cannot tell you how happy I am with it. The paint job is a bit shiner then the SS one, and IMO, is a better paint app.

Do it, but get it done right. If it ends up like mine, it will be your favourite of the three.

Back