Customs and Bashes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Talibane's Customs and Bashes - DEATH STAR DROID AND AMANAMAN'S SNACK TABLE!!

That food table is awesome. Can I get one of those?

Re: Talibane's Customs and Bashes - DEATH STAR DROID AND AMANAMAN'S SNACK TABLE!!

OMGGG!!!! I initially thought that droid was one of your many reference pics until I realized you painted that! Amazing job, I love the different paint variations!

And Amanaman's snack table OMGGGG so cool!! Are you selling copies of that, how did you make it, and do you have reference pics for that? Lol your work is amazing and awe inspiring.

INSANITY! Stellar work as usual Talibane! On both pieces, just amazing. I looooooove that table for Amanaman!!

DUDE! Just like Cagoda mentioned I thought you were introducing your custom with ref shots :lol
The elongating of the head and waist articulation is just pure goodness and the details on the snack table are ridiculous. You need to stop.

Well done! :clap

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

That's amazing!!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!:hi5::duff

He was fun to do but because the droids are so smooth and symmetrical it was a lot of work to get it looking good - organic objects like creatures have a lot more leeway (and clothes help to cover flaws.)

I'll post some pics of him posed up when I have the power droids done. The waist articulation gives a lot of personality in terms of twisting the waist or leaning him back/forward or to one side.

In terms of the table, I could cast the "rounds" - which are the three tiers, which I have a mold of. Had I known there'd be demand for a table I would have made casts as I worked but I thought I was literally the only person on the planet that had any interest in it.:rotfl

The rest is mostly just plastic tube of various diameters and a base. I'll post some different angle pics to show people what's involved in making the rest and people can decide if they want to dive in - there is some work involved. I'm not great with casting so there would have to be some clean-up. There are some shortcuts people could do - like cast the "food plate" that comes with either Sideshow Jabba for the fruit and using half ping-pong balls for the bowls.

There are actually two different tables that look nearly identical in the palace onscreen, so there is some leeway for variation.

I’m definitely in for the rounds for the table. And any tips on how you did it would be great. I’m always looking for things to add to my Jabba diorama.

Uh-oh! What happened to the pics?

Images have been scattered across imgur, flickr, photobucket and even others like (now closed) tinypic so I am migrating everything to a master dropbox account, so this thread will be down for a week or two.

Precaution against industrial espionage. :lurking

Yeah it does seem I misunderstood a few fundamentals.

Back