SIM Repainted to Red and Gold Poll :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repaint a SIM to Red and Gold?

• Total voters

Amir

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a SIM and having it repainted to Red and Gold. I always wanted a Red and Gold IM but it’s hard to find a real one and then the price is pretty steep. I am still not 100% sure (just 99% sure :D) if I am going to do this so I thought I would start a poll and get some feedback on why this would be a good or bad idea.

Here is a pic from Ickwinzs who did the repaint for the one below and who I would have repaint mine. He is an incredible artist and his repaints look beautiful!

watermark.php

Do you have an SIM that you plan to keep mint and unpainted as well (if you decide to go forth with this one)?

No, I'm would be getting a SIM just to repaint it to Red and Gold, not a big fan of the stealth.

Red Gold are definitely better colors than the stealth. Go for it. Redo the base as well, better/more pronounced lightning detail.

Would the price of buying a SIM and repainting it cost the same as buying a real Red and Gold version?

Almost, but this way the paint will be perfect, no chips, scratches, and it will be garanteed real (not recast).

Almost, but this way the paint will be perfect, no chips, scratches, and it will be garanteed real (not recast).

Then go for it, it will look great repainted and as long as your happy.

I went with no, Amir. Like Dagger said, I think the SIM is impressive the way it is.

I dont see why you wouldnt do it? I always thought it was a huge blunder not to have the Red/Gold light up feature...if you have the SIM and you have the $$, go for it!

If you have more than 1 SIM, I would have 1 repainted. Otherwise, keep the SIM as is, imo.

I would definitely repaint. I have both and SIM color combo isn't that appealing next to my red/gold beast.

Yeah, that's the thing, I am not too impressed with the SIM color scheme as is. Having a light up Red and Gold would be cool, but the shade of the color is inaccurate its too red in my opinion from the pictures I have seen. I have never seen one in person so the lights might look better in person compared to photos.

I say YES. Although the SIM is awesome how it is, it's great to have a Mark 3 IM with the light up feature. IDEALLY you should have a SIM AND the IM comiquette, but those are silly expensive. Or you can be like our fellow freak here AminKo and have like SIX different SIMs!!! :lol

But overall, I'd say go for it. It's really cool :) Here's mine (Painted by DarkArtist81)

Picture003.jpg

Back