Customs and Bashes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Talibane's Customs and Bashes - AMANAMAN!

ok Tali. here is a couple shots of my custom of lando in his skiff outfit. i scratched built the belt and gun holster and the sandals were constructed by a fellow member on here a few years ago. View attachment 477024 View attachment 477025

Looking great but can you post some pics that weren't taken in a low-light aquarium?:monkey3:lol I want to see the colors!:gah:

skiff guard lando 1.JPG

Wonderful characters and artistry!

Really well done! Amanaman is one of my favorite alien creatures in the Star Wars universe. Very interesting creature design. And hes still one of my favorite Kenner toys.

You did an excellent job!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks, guys. He's my favourite ROTJ alien. And yeah, he's quite a unique alien design for SW where he isn't just a human body with alien head (even though he does have a perfromer inside him.)

I would LOVE to see Amana in CGI action in Mandolorian like IG got. He's kind of creepy looking (I've said he's like gumby as a serial killer) and would be a great CGI chaarcter.

Maybe I should try to post this custom to Favreau's Twitter to say "give this guy some love.":lol There's an awesome comic where this group of Amanas takes out nearly a whole Imperial base camp.

im in the basement lighting sucks down here and it`s dark up outside. let me try again these cell phone cameras suck. ok if this doesn`t look good i give up. IMG_0600.jpg IMG_0601.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks GG - and you need a new camera/phone.:lol Those pics look like they were taken with my 2005 Nokia phone.

Where did you get that force pike? I need one of those.

i believe it was from those slave leia kits at the time. i remember there were two versions out there.

Thanks, guys. He's my favourite ROTJ alien. And yeah, he's quite a unique alien design for SW where he isn't just a human body with alien head (even though he does have a perfromer inside him.)

I would LOVE to see Amana in CGI action in Mandolorian like IG got. He's kind of creepy looking (I've said he's like gumby as a serial killer) and would be a great CGI chaarcter.

Maybe I should try to post this custom to Favreau's Twitter to say "give this guy some love.":lol There's an awesome comic where this group of Amanas takes out nearly a whole Imperial base camp.

Dude!! I?d love to see some Aman love in the Mando! If you post that to Jon Favreau, tag my insta in it! Haha let?s give him so good ideas. Again, fantastic work on what you did with my kit, I love it. You cool with me posting those pics to my insta also?

Duncan, you need to post some more pictures of your collection. I would love to see your customs.

Dude!! I?d love to see some Aman love in the Mando! If you post that to Jon Favreau, tag my insta in it! Haha let?s give him so good ideas. Again, fantastic work on what you did with my kit, I love it. You cool with me posting those pics to my insta also?

Yeah, put my pics on your Instagram and put it on Favreau's feed (or however that works) - it's your sculpt, dude! But I really don't get how to work all that social media stuff.:lol

Amanaman would be a no-brainer for at least a cameo - people would love to see him moving fast and arms raised and all (like the IG in Mando vs the super-still IG in ESB) - and Amana was never seen on Jabba's barge so in-universe never actually died! And he's a total bad-ass in the EU stories.

Duncan, you need to post some more pictures of your collection. I would love to see your customs.

I'll pull out a few of the figs for a group shot once I'm done with the Lando Skiff. My Lando will need some help now that the Sideshow Lando is back on.:lol People will be like "eh, looks fine, can't wait for SSC":rotfl

Talk about a thankless job - doing a custom when SSC or HT are about release the same figure. I've seen this happen a few times on here where someone does a cool custom then suddenly HT or SSC announces the same fig, but I waited a year and no further word I thought that SSC fig was dead so restarted my custom and boom, got slammed.:gah::lol

I want to finish Lando then get on my ESB stormie and endlessly delayed Ugnaught (the limited fur on the Amana staff was good practice for Mr Ug) because the leia Bespin should be here within 4 weeks. And I got a lot on work wise over the next month.

Well, at least I didn't spend any extra $ on the Lando custom - I have only used what I originally had from many years ago.

Surprise-surprise, I'm Lando in disguise!:yess:

5D4A7FR.jpg

He's my fave from ESB, he's in disguise AND he's in Jabba's palace...

RBe7Iol.jpg

I've seen it happen to others (working on a custom then boom - out comes HT or SSC with the same fig) but it was my turn... so I just decided I'd finish the custom because I was too far along. I actually didn't buy anything extra for this beyond what I already had, so fortunately I was out a lot of time but not much money.

There are things SSC can do that I can't but I did my best to match the screen outfit while also taking a close look at how Sideshow did theirs. The funny part of looking at so many ref pics is you can see a few mistakes and shortcuts Sideshow made on their figure.:lol

Here's a side-by-side with the pic of the Sideshow fig I used the most to try to copy for my custom. There's obviously things that I really couldn't match but I'm happy with it side by side:

MUmuCMT.jpg

I also tried to use real leather wherever appropriate (gunbelt, holster, cumberbund, loincloths, gaiters, armor straps) as I do worry about pleather deterioration on 1/6 figures generally. The straps around his shins/knees are accurate to the way the costume worked (super-long strap that laps around the knees then returns to a buckle) whereas due to mass-production, Sideshow had to do sculpted plastic straps.

5klAVgY.jpg

Unfortunately I wasn't able to source any of the vibro blade weapons from either the Mr Toys Leia Slave kit or from Enaud/Duane on here, so basically had to build my own. I used the blade of a Hasbro weapon (redoing several key parts) and scratch built everything else. One thing I like about the weapon is it's maybe 2/3 metal so it's fairly heavy. The SSC weapon seemed a bit too metallic paint-wise whereas the props are more just a darker grey with a small amount of silver, so I went in that direction.

lIyev6q.jpg

I'll post a few more pics from Jabba's Palace in a week or so.

Re: Talibane's Customs and Bashes - LANDO SKIFF!

looks good tali. what body did you use ? and i like the pants you used where did you get them ? i would like to find a pair

looks good tali. what body did you use ? and i like the pants you used where did you get them ? i would like to find a pair

Not sure actually, just a basic military body with a neck - I had it in the parts bin. Those pants I wouldn't recommend - I think they are from the DID dress Marine (I think the Ed Harris one) but the fabric didn't flow very well. I used some spray starch and it became more flow-y and poseable though. I looked around and didn't find many quality pairs of white pants that were reasonably priced so stuck with those.

Had a WTF laugh at your intro :lol
Glad you finished it.... Awesome job.

That looks fantastic! Nice job on all the leatherwork.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Had a WTF laugh at your intro :lol
Glad you finished it.... Awesome job.

That looks fantastic! Nice job on all the leatherwork.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, guys!:hi5:

Yeah me too ! Even went and checked the Sideshow site !! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you mean about checking the Sideshow site? I was making a joke about them apparently not moving ahead with the figure - for 18 months - then suddenly it pops up for PO. Sorry, thought it was super clear. Didn't intend to spread any disinformation or confusion!:lol

I amended my original post to stop anyone else getting confused by it.

Nice job. He looks good — no need to get the Sideshow version now.

Thanks, but yeah I had intended to get the SSC figure because my custom fig will be in my palace dio and the SSC fig would be for "hero display." I haven't POed it yet just to see how the production figure looks.

That being said, my collection has recently seeped over 100 SW figs so that may change.:lol I recently decided against getting Endor Leia (but did go ahead and PO the Wicket) partly for the "too many figs" reason.

There's also price - if the new Lando was in that old $190 range it would make the decision easier. I do wish that the no-helmet Lando head came out a bit better, but it's still solid.

Lando looks great TB! Looking forward to seeing him in Jabba's Palace.

Really impressive compared to Sideshow's photos.

It blows me away when people's customs outshine what the "companies" offer.

-
Dennis

Back