Sideshow's 1/6 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shame you kinda gotta get 3 figures to make the better looking one. PB body, SS Laura, and NECA Laura. But from those pictures (even though its SS body) it looks pretty good.

Believe it or not I actually think that's the Buck body.

Might look a little better on a PB, but this certainly makes me want a NECA.

yeah, SS was meant as Sideshow not soldie story.

Oh yup, you're right, I'm still using the buck body, only switched her head. The skintone of the Neca head and the buck body happened to match very well - a very pleasant surprise when I put them together.

Does anyone have a pic of a Lara with properly spaced irises? Just wondering if there is such a thing or if it's a myth like Excalibur.

Despite that minor flaw, the unfinished paint on the lower lip and the horrid clothes, I actually love this figure! The head sculpt is awesome to me as I've always wanted Eidos to make Lara look more real. And while I hate the Buck/DML body, I think it works well for Lara (I'll still change it though).

Where'd you get the bike, glarcxensea? I may want to get my Ms. Croft one as well. If not it, then something from New Ray if I can still find one of their bikes.

Does anyone have a pic of a Lara with properly spaced irises? Just wondering if there is such a thing or if it's a myth like Excalibur.

Despite that minor flaw, the unfinished paint on the lower lip and the horrid clothes, I actually love this figure! The head sculpt is awesome to me as I've always wanted Eidos to make Lara look more real. And while I hate the Buck/DML body, I think it works well for Lara (I'll still change it though).

Where'd you get the bike, glarcxensea? I may want to get my Ms. Croft one as well. If not it, then something from New Ray if I can still find one of their bikes.

Hi I just got it loose from eBay. Beneath it says "Formative Int'l Made in China". Never heard of the company, but I thought the bike's color matches that of Lara's getup.

Well, after the whole debacle over Lara Croft, and the various attempts by people mounting it onto alternate bodies, I was simply not satisfed with the look on a 2.0 Normally, the head sat down too far on the neck for me, and also after trying the Otaku, I didn't like that due to the lack of articulation in the legs.

So I set out to make a 2.0 that would work with Lara. Due to the difference in necks, I cut the neck off the Sideshow Buck body and grafted that onto the CG 2.0 body.

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

So after filling, sanding, and painting, the new body was ready to accept Lara's head. I kept the head pretty much stock, only repainting the eyes to look forward and be dark brown like in the game and like the current Lara stage model. For now the outfit is temporary, clearly based off of the movie outfit. The Holsters and belt are from one of the Playmates movie Lara's from years back.

Larahybrid6.jpg

Larahybrid7.jpg

Larahybrid3.jpg

Larahybrid4.jpg
Larahybrid5.jpg

Larahybrid10.jpg

Larahybrid8.jpg

Enjoy,

The darker eyes look much better.

Hi guys, I've been reading this forum for a bit and I'd like to share another possibility for conversion here. I respect that not everyone will agree with me my negative take on the SS headsculpt, but enjoy the pics all the same.

With all due respect to your taste in what looks good and what doesn't, the Sideshow sculpt actually looks like Lara Croft.

The darker eyes look much better.

With all due respect to your taste in what looks good and what doesn't, the Sideshow sculpt actually looks like Lara Croft.

Nah don't worry bout it, the pics were just an exaggeration of my reaction to SS's paintjob on the sculpt (the sculpt is fine). Besides, I really like silentg's repaint! Sure seeing a lot more Lara now.

I'll still stick to Neca's head though. But will probably try my hand at repainting (for the first time) the SS head as silentg did and getting her a new body later.

Last edited:
Definitely give a repaint a shot, Glar. I just did the lips on mine and was a ton happier with how it looked!

That's real good to hear! And yeah it'll be a waste to see her head lying around just like that. Hope to get my hands dirty real soon :)

SDtill waiting for my exclusive to make it over the Pond, Have any Brits recieved theirs from SSC yet?

Cheers,
Doug

I've got a question....

IF you buy the BBI 1/6 scale Nude CY Girl Mystere body buy and use it for Lara then where do you find the hands and feet that fit the Mystere figure's body IF the body doesn't come with them? :confused:

I got my Lara yesterday, it´s great even if one part of a gun is missing.
But since this is my first figure with multiple outfits, how do I change them? The blue pullover seems so small and I fear it could rip when I would force it over her head and shoulders. Do I have to take the arms or the head off?
I know that´s a pretty silly question ;-)

I got my Lara yesterday, it´s great even if one part of a gun is missing.
But since this is my first figure with multiple outfits, how do I change them? The blue pullover seems so small and I fear it could rip when I would force it over her head and shoulders. Do I have to take the arms or the head off?
I know that´s a pretty silly question ;-)

They're a very tight fit, so you have to be forceful yet gentle. I soaked mine in water and it seemed to help a lot.

Wouldn't hurt to remove the head before trying this, but I wouldn't bother taking the arms off. :D

I have the Laura Croft figure and she's great!I may even be one of the few who like the headsculpt. Now I see a lot of folks aren't happy with it, so my question is what did you expect? it's an action figure! In any event glad I picked this one up.

Back