Statue Sideshow Superman Call to Action Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can’t believe this didn’t have an Exclusive. I saw this pop up on my local retailers website and when I saw both headsculpts were available, I went ‘WHAT’?!

It’s a pleasant surprise and as someone who has to pay an additional 50-70% to import the Exclusive, I truly hope that Sideshow continues this route.

I can’t believe this didn’t have an Exclusive. I saw this pop up on my local retailers website and when I saw both headsculpts were available, I went ‘WHAT’?!

It’s a pleasant surprise and as someone who has to pay an additional 50-70% to import the Exclusive, I truly hope that Sideshow continues this route.

Agree 100000%

Still leaning towards not getting this because of the mixed-media ...but I have to say this is a novel concept to put in statue form.

Still leaning towards not getting this because of the mixed-media ...but I have to say this is a novel concept to put in statue form.

If it looks good I don't mind mixed media. I actually prefer fabric for capes

Novel for licensed pieces but quite a few customs with similar concepts to this.

When SS does mixed-media right, they can really knock it out of the park. IMO the old LOTR pieces still hold up relatively well today. I love my Aragon, Legolas and Gandalf the Grey. If I have to sell my collection those will be the last to go without a doubt and if the production piece on this comes out well then this too will be part of that too for me. I think SS chose the right parts to be sculpted and fabric on this. However, something like the CA: First Avenger piece should have either been nearly fully mixed media or fully sculpted as the half and half didn?t work well.

If it looks good I don't mind mixed media. I actually prefer fabric for capes

Yea, I don't mind fabric capes, too.

But this looks to be mostly fabric, so I'm going to see how it turns out and wait for in-hand pics.

Yea, I don't mind fabric capes, too.

But this looks to be mostly fabric, so I'm going to see how it turns out and wait for in-hand pics.

I imagine getting a stain on the white shirt would be a nightmare

I imagine getting a stain on the white shirt would be a nightmare

nothing a little spot cleaning can't fix most likely. The Hot Toys ANH Han Solo shirt opening would turn a rust color due to the wire inside. Most ppl bought a second shirt and removed the wire to prevent staining again when all you had to do was use some Resolve spray cleaner to remove the stain. Took about 3 tries of cleaning & drying but it worked and I saved money. It always sucks to have to do that sort of thing of course but there are solutions out there if that happens

nothing a little spot cleaning can't fix most likely. The Hot Toys ANH Han Solo shirt opening would turn a rust color due to the wire inside. Most ppl bought a second shirt and removed the wire to prevent staining again when all you had to do was use some Resolve spray cleaner to remove the stain. Took about 3 tries of cleaning & drying but it worked and I saved money. It always sucks to have to do that sort of thing of course but there are solutions out there if that happens

Agreed. It sucks when that happens.

Have never replaced a shirt on a mixed-media statue, but I figure that's a hard thing to do. I always thought some parts of the fabric are glued to the statue.

Agreed. It sucks when that happens.

Have never replaced a shirt on a mixed-media statue, but I figure that's a hard thing to do. I always thought some parts of the fabric are glued to the statue.

It would definitely be a bit more tedious on a piece like this. You'd probably have to mask off the sculpted areas with painters tape so you don't get any cleaning solution on those areas, but I am more than sure it could be done if something were to happen. I think it would be easier getting a stain out of the shirt than the painted rubs I got on the neck of my first Superman PF from the sculpted cape worrying if I was taking the flesh paint off while trying to get the red marks off. Again, neither situation is ideal for sure and it's something we should not have to worry about but unfortunately it is. And with these piece getting more and more expensive, it gets a little more annoying when things go wrong.

Nice! Good thinking.

Saw that video a few days ago ...and I was very impressed by it. But it never occurred to me to post it here.

They need a After After to show what the production version looks like :lol

For real!

You know what tho ...if they can make a great video of Kat painting a certain statue, then why don't SSC make videos like that to give to the factory so that the factory workers can improve paint apps?! That can only help.

Nice! Good thinking.

Saw that video a few days ago ...and I was very impressed by it. But it never occurred to me to post it here.

haha same. I watched it thinking 'wow that was cool' and didn't think of coming here to post it :slap:
For real!

You know what tho ...if they can make a great video of Kat painting a certain statue, then why don't SSC make videos like that to give to the factory so that the factory workers can improve paint apps?! That can only help.

What grinds my gears is that SS (like other companies) has someone work for them who is supposed to be the liaison between the factory and SS HQ that makes the call on if the production piece is close enough to the master sample, yet so many times we get stuff that is so far off from the master. I as terrified when I order the Lex Luthor PF (my most expensive purchase at the time) but luckily it turned out better than the master IMO. It makes me wish there was a guarantee that each SS piece would come out that well.

Back