Sideshow Superman Premium Format 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darthblitzwing

Super Freak
Reaction score
From SSC

Attachments

• supes.jpg
    supes.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 17
Not a fan of the fully sculpted cape being part of the base which means I wouldn’t be able to swap it out for a custom fabric one. But I like how everything else is looking. I know the guys who hate fabric capes will probably be all over this :LOL:

I’m hoping this looks as good as the recent Batgirl, Ivy and Penguin PFs. If so, it could get me to sell my Artist Proof of the original Superman PF as well as maybe make the other one with brainiac head EX lower in price.

Uuuurrrgghh. The cape is overdone, he's not Spawn. I hate the crazy large cape look.

I think the cape looks great but why would it be billowing out when he's flying upwards through a cloud? I'm not concerned about the weight as this isn't P1, it'll be fairly light IMO but either have the sensation of speed that the cloud base shows, or the hovering pose with flowy cape - you can't have both

The concept looks interesting.

Luckily not Christopher Reeve, so my wallet is safe. Need to save money for the InArt 1:6 and JND 1:3 Reeve products.

Sideshow’s last attempt at PF Reeve had an odd facial expression.

does the Superman attach to the base through a rod in his foot or the cape?

I have an old smaller scale (1:6?) Supergirl statue in a similar flying pose that leaned over time because all the weight was only supported through one foot (metal rod).

From that angle, the headsculpt looks awful. Felt like sideshow was on a roll with a few recent releases, but now I'm not so sure.

The cape is also a bit busy and sort of weird as it has a more billowing in the wind when he's floating vibe whereas the pose suggest he just took flight or is in the middle of flying.

Unless there's a better swapout portrait, I guess I'll be saving the ~$800 this thing will end up costing.

Last edited:
Aafter watching the video, it's pretty massive. Portrait isn't bad either. I don't need a pretty(er) Superman. Overall I think it's cool, nice to see ssc do different things.

Busy cape might pair well for me with the Batman on gargoyle... have not gotten a superman piece yet so this might be a possibility.

We’ll get the official images soon, but here are some grabs from the live stream. I like the overall prescience it has from being so massive but I’m not 100% sold on it
Same. The overall display / pose and size makes this pretty epic, especially compared to the first PF.

I also like the fact that he's not a "pretty boy", looks a bit older maybe and still stacked with muscle in quite a display of power.

Too tall and the portrait looks age 55 plus. Nothing wrong with an older Supes but this one is just not my taste. I still think call to action PF is the best Supes PF of Sideshow's to date. It's hard to find now too. Beautiful and bright color palette on this 2024 PF tho. Just like the bright call to action PF. The new Supes and Lois has too many magnets and dull color palette imo. Sideshow has yet to top Call to Action PF. I rate this new pf 6 out of 10 and you know it'll be 400 dollars on the aftermarket so just be patient for those who want this one

Back