Statue Sideshow Superman Call to Action Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking statue but four Superman PF's now. Presumably another Batman and Joker will be on the way.

Still no Robin, Nightwing, Martian Manhunter, Riddler, Penguin or Two Face. Was hoping this year would be new chracters only.

Close. Another Harley! :thud:

Alternate portrait:

L4H1dH6.jpg

Think this portrait suits the modern look of the statue much more than the portrait with the hat.

I kinda like it, again with well done mixed media and the alternate portrait looks great. It'll be interesting to see how large the edition size ends up being. Not sure if this is more for the casual or big time Supermen fan, both maybe along with polystone collectors in general.

I like it. Seems like they're channeling a little bit of Reeve and the shirt rip from Superman: The Movie. The color of the tie, the hat, and even the portrait resembles Reeve a little bit imo. Kind of wish they just straight up tried to capture that moment from the movie instead, but this is still cool none the less.

With Superman and Batman I?ve always thought of them as having a bit of maturity to them.
I agree 100%. I prefer an late 30s early 40s for most heros.

And although I probably won't get this I still think it looks great.

You could alwmays get the new 52 Superman if you like the younger look.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

I don't care about weight, if anything lighter is better for moving and shipping costs. Pvc certainly looks better when done right, but I feel it can look bad if not done well
I also think pvc doesn't age well. I have some Japanese pvc statues from my earlier years and I think pvc even slighty changes colour and gets shiny over time.

I also think pvc doesn't age well. I have some Japanese pvc statues from my earlier years and I think pvc even slighty changes colour and gets shiny over time.

PVC ages just fine. Sideshow needs to start doing PVC portraits. They need to keep up with the incredible jobs Blitzway and Hot Toys are doing. Paint work on statues just looks... bad imo. Now that I own Hot Toys and Blitzway I sold all my PFs because I couldn't stand the flawed paint. I kept my 1/4 from Blitzway. If Sideshow use a PVC head on this Supes with great paint, I'll buy. He looks classic which is what I love

PVC ages just fine. Sideshow needs to start doing PVC portraits. They need to keep up with the incredible jobs Blitzway and Hot Toys are doing. Paint work on statues just looks... bad imo. Now that I own Hot Toys and Blitzway I sold all my PFs because I couldn't stand the flawed paint. I kept my 1/4 from Blitzway. If Sideshow use a PVC head on this Supes with great paint, I'll buy. He looks classic which is what I love
I guess it depends on the quality of PVC being used. Companies using cheap PVC have had issues in the past. There is plenty of people on the forums complaining about PVC.

It has been years since I personally bought any statue made of PVC so I don't know about anything current but I always thought it looked cheap in person.

IMO it has nothing to do with PVC vs Polystone as some fantastic artists have repainting old SS Polystone statues to be just as lifelike as hot toys pieces if not more so. So many Indiana Jones, Conan, Dutch and many other PFs have been repainted looking amazing. SS has just always been lacking when it comes to lifelike painting techniques.

Back to this however, I love that we get a Clark Kent portrait. It seems like folks here don’t seem to like that one all that much but I’m glad SS went for something different. I’m a fan of Clark just as much as I am of Superman so I’m thrilled to have both options. I think this is the Superman PF I’ve been waiting for that I never new would happen

IMO it has nothing to do with PVC vs Polystone as some fantastic artists have repainting old SS Polystone statues to be just as lifelike as hot toys pieces if not more so. So many Indiana Jones, Conan, Dutch and many other PFs have been repainted looking amazing. SS has just always been lacking when it comes to lifelike painting techniques.

Back to this however, I love that we get a Clark Kent portrait. It seems like folks here don’t seem to like that one all that much but I’m glad SS went for something different. I’m a fan of Clark just as much as I am of Superman so I’m thrilled to have both options. I think this is the Superman PF I’ve been waiting for that I never new would happen

Agreed on all counts, its great that they provided the Kent head as it goes with the piece and is a nice change, I just think the Superman head fits the piece better for me

I'm definitely going to display this with the Clark Kent head. In the next couple weeks I should be getting a similar custom statue that's a recreation of Alex Ross' Superman Forever. Looking forward to having both of them on the shelf together.

I'm definitely going to display this with the Clark Kent head. In the next couple weeks I should be getting a similar custom statue that's a recreation of Alex Ross' Superman Forever. Looking forward to having both of them on the shelf together.

If the custom you're getting is the pin-striped suit with the switchable emblems, then man you are lucky. I saw that a couple weeks ago so this SS reveal isn't as impressive. As good as this one is, the custom blows it away in my opinion.

Back